The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #843 of 1,095
purebliss.jpg

...pure bliss...
I have been using my Sony R-10 with the Elite. It is ridiculous how good the Elite is. Great combination.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #846 of 1,095
For now the best synergy discovered at headphone level for the DC-Elite concerns the HER10D... they seem made for each other... the control and extension of the Elite with the dynamic sound of the HER10D, Magic !!!

r10elite.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #847 of 1,095
I ordered the DC04pro off aliexpress last Thursday evening and it arrived this morning (Friday) just 8 days later.

I’m just testing it out now and I’m quite pleased. It’s even smaller than I thought from the pictures and sounds very good.

I have done a direct comparison yet but I have a DX300 and I’d say it compares very well - especially for its purpose for me of music when not at home. Going on memory, it seems very similar to the DX300, maybe just slightly brighter.

The lack of any controls or equalizer (since I’m using an iPhone) is a bit of a compromise - but this is exactly what I wanted and needed for travel etc.

All in, cost was $79 US shipped to Canada.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #849 of 1,095
Hey all. So I’m rocking a new DC04Pro as mentioned earlier and have a few questions. It does sound great and I’ve even A/B’d it with my DX300 and it compares very favorably.

Here’s my questions, and for context I’m using it with an iPhone 14 Pro Max and the lightning to USB cable it shipped with.

1) Do those who have one of these ever notice the connector getting warm at the lightning end of the iPhone? I guess it’s not that surprising given its powering the DAC.

2) Mine failed briefly tonight but seems ok now, but not sure why. I was getting some white lights and red lights and no sound. Anyone else have anything like that?

3) Can you charge with MagSafe at the same time? MagSafe already seems to run quite warm, wonder if that might be too much for the phone and DAC all at the same time. Ideally I’d like to do that as I often listen at night and sometimes even fall asleep - so I’d like to wake up to a charged phone!

4) Have people found the sound cuts out if you play too loud on the iPhone? I can take the volume all the way up on the DC04Pro when connected to my DX300, but on the iPhone the DC04Pro crashes if I play too loud. I’ve tried with 3 different IEMs and it’s the same result. I don’t think it’s an IEM issue as I can take them louder on my DX300. But when I tried my HD800 and the DC04Pro, I could take the volume all the way up and had no issues (other than underpowered cans!). Also no issues taking the volume up with my IEMs on an old LG V40 phone, only having issues with the iPhone. I wonder if the issue could be the lightning cable itself.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #850 of 1,095
Hey all. So I’m rocking a new DC04Pro as mentioned earlier and have a few questions. It does sound great and I’ve even A/B’d it with my DX300 and it compares very favorably.

Here’s my questions, and for context I’m using it with an iPhone 14 Pro Max and the lightning to USB cable it shipped with.

1) Do those who have one of these ever notice the connector getting warm at the lightning end of the iPhone? I guess it’s not that surprising given its powering the DAC.

2) Mine failed briefly tonight but seems ok now, but not sure why. I was getting some white lights and red lights and no sound. Anyone else have anything like that?

3) Can you charge with MagSafe at the same time? MagSafe already seems to run quite warm, wonder if that might be too much for the phone and DAC all at the same time. Ideally I’d like to do that as I often listen at night and sometimes even fall asleep - so I’d like to wake up to a charged phone!

4) Have people found the sound cuts out if you play too loud on the iPhone? I can take the volume all the way up on the DC04Pro when connected to my DX300, but on the iPhone the DC04Pro crashes if I play too loud. I’ve tried with 3 different IEMs and it’s the same result. I don’t think it’s an IEM issue as I can take them louder on my DX300. But when I tried my HD800 and the DC04Pro, I could take the volume all the way up and had no issues (other than underpowered cans!). Also no issues taking the volume up with my IEMs on an old LG V40 phone, only having issues with the iPhone. I wonder if the issue could be the lightning cable itself.
Hi the DC04 Pro is great.

Your iPhone has a limit on its power draw.
Buy a Ibasso CB19 adapter cable and a power bank and your DC 04 Pro will shine.

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #851 of 1,095
Does anybody have problems with the dc-04 pro just cutting out suddenly? Am using it on a Google Pixel 6a. Usually it works but sometimes it just cuts out. The phone is still playing but no sound from the dongle. It very predictably happens whenever I travel on the train, and usually not in other situations. Today it happened during a walk. It had worked perfectly for over an hour but suddenly same symptoms. By the time I got home it worked again. Could there be some sort of interference stopping the dongle from working or is it a phone specific problem? It is not the cable connection, that works just fine and is snug.
I have exactly the same issue. It's super annoying. I was googling for this and found your answer. Normally it works fine but I'm in the train now and just stops randomly. Hopefully back at my laptop it will work...

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #852 of 1,095
Hi the DC04 Pro is great.

Your iPhone has a limit on its power draw.
Buy a Ibasso CB19 adapter cable and a power bank and your DC 04 Pro will shine.
That’s too bad. It was fine on the two android devices I tried, just not the iPhone which is my primary device for on the go.

I checked out the CB19 and it’s USB C, not lightning, so I guess it wouldn’t work for this issue for me.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #853 of 1,095
The problem that occurs with some iPhones and dongles is a problem that is now quite well known and discussed in all the threads of the various dongles. The current limits imposed by Apple do not allow some iPhones to be used satisfactorily with dongles, especially the more energy-intensive ones. To overcome this problem, in addition to using specific cables, you can use a cable such as the CB19 from iBasso and a small powerbank. However, if you don't want to use a type C to lightning adapter, there is always the possibility of purchasing an Apple camera kit which practically does the same thing as the CB19 while remaining within the Apple ecosystem.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #854 of 1,095
That’s too bad. It was fine on the two android devices I tried, just not the iPhone which is my primary device for on the go.

I checked out the CB19 and it’s USB C, not lightning, so I guess it wouldn’t work for this issue for me.
Some Lightning to USB-C adapter like DDHifi TC28i on top will work or as just mentioned the camera connection kit solution

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back