The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Feb 22, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #766 of 1,095
It looks like @BlueA just purchased an DC-Elite and likely hasn’t received it yet let alone had time to put it through its paces with all of his earphones, music and even sources. Let’s let them get a chance to spend some real time with it and then they can give more feedback. As has been said my ears are not your ears and ultimately I’m good with that seeing some of the music/sounds folks listen to 😂

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #767 of 1,095
Everyone can freely have their opinion... and mine is that the DC-Elite, especially if you provide it with an adequate power supply (PulWtop hub step-down switching) as well as an equally adequate amplification (in my case RA2BFE) rivals the best DAPs without too many problems. But as I wrote in the introduction this is just my opinion.

elitera2bfe.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #768 of 1,095
tldr: It's just a quality dongle, a little expensive, totl for 2024, won't replace mid-level dap.

Yep received it this morning, spend the whole day with all my stuffs and fully loving it!
Yet I'm writing to put some perspective for people thinking about getting one.

If you ear no difference between an apple dongle, a DC Elite and a 3K dap it's a benediction! you won't waste money in this hobby.
Else just know that DC Elite is a classy product that won't compete with mid-level dap but is a TOTL dongle in 2024.

If you put in the chain the same components than more high end devices hold,
well you have a ROHM dac with powerful amps and the iBasso tuning that we love.
So yes you have the same perfs than more expensive DAP that already integrate them.
The very fact that you ear a better rendition by adding components in the chains demonstrate
where you start from with a simple dongle.

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #769 of 1,095
tldr: It's just a quality dongle, a little expensive, totl for 2024, won't replace mid-level dap.

Yep received it this morning, spend the whole day with all my stuffs and fully loving it!

If you ear no difference between an apple dongle, a DC Elite and a 3K dap it's a benediction! you won't waste money in this hobby.
Else just know that DC Elite is a classy product that won't compete with mid-level dap but is a TOTL dongle in 2024.

So yes you have the same perfs than more expensive DAP that already integrate them.
The very fact that you ear a better rendition by adding components in the chains demonstrate
And I totally disagree with you. It is easily better than most mid level daps. IMO

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #770 of 1,095

Its a big dongle. When you take daps like the dx240, dx260, Fiio m15s, Hiby r6 Pro II and some more and add screen, battery, additional CPU/circuit for OS, you will actually find that the space left for audio components isnt significantly bigger than what you get in the Elite. So only from a hardware point of view, the Elite has enough space for audio components to compete with daps in the price range of 1000-1500 bucks. Add a great, neutral, warmish tuning and you get what people here are talking about.
Sure the AK sp1000 or sp2000 (my favs, thats why im mentioning them) for example are a small daps by todays standards and they sound better than the Elite but how much did they cost. And the Elite isnt far behind really. We are talking differences that are absolutely acceptable, even for a very critical listening sessions because the Elite sounds that good.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #771 of 1,095
I just ordered the DC04Pro off Ali for $79. I guess it’ll be a couple weeks, but interested to give it a go with my iPhone.

Should be nice for when I’m on the go or on vacation and don’t want to bring the DX300 with me. My two fav IEMs are my U12Ts and IER Z1R, will be easy to take something like that with when I need to pack light vs dx300 with its case and my ear buds.

If I really like it, and use it a lot, I’ll take the plunge for an elite. But at $79, it’s a much lower price to test out. I also have an LG V40 that isn’t too bad when I want to travel light, but it’s no DX300 either.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #772 of 1,095
I just ordered the DC04Pro off Ali for $79. I guess it’ll be a couple weeks, but interested to give it a go with my iPhone.

Should be nice for when I’m on the go or on vacation and don’t want to bring the DX300 with me. My two fav IEMs are my U12Ts and IER Z1R, will be easy to take something like that with when I need to pack light vs dx300 with its case and my ear buds.

If I really like it, and use it a lot, I’ll take the plunge for an elite. But at $79, it’s a much lower price to test out. I also have an LG V40 that isn’t too bad when I want to travel light, but it’s no DX300 either.
That's a great deal you got there

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #774 of 1,095
Thank you. Any idea if it comes with the lightning to usb c cable? It was in the picture, but being aliexpress you just never know.

I’ve also asked the vendor, but the question might get lost in translation.
IIRC i got the lightening cable but i ordered from a local vendor and not Ali

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #775 of 1,095
Hi all, there seems to be a lot of love for the DC Elite in this thread and not too much being said about the DC06 Pro

I received my DC06 Pro yesterday, I’m using it connected to an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I’ve tried it with some Final Audio e2000 and it sounds ok. I’ll give it some more time and try it with different iems and let you know what I think

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #776 of 1,095
Hi all, there seems to be a lot of love for the DC Elite in this thread and not too much being said about the DC06 Pro

I received my DC06 Pro yesterday, I’m using it connected to an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I’ve tried it with some Final Audio e2000 and it sounds ok. I’ll give it some more time and try it with different iems and let you know what I think
Awesome. As above I just ordered the DC04 Pro. Hoping it’s enjoyable and worth using vs just the Apple cable adapter, I’ve got the same phone.

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #777 of 1,095

Thank you! It is much appreciated because as you said, there is just not a lot out there about that one.

I have the DC03 Pro and I love it. I've heard that the DC06 Pro is similar, but basically an upgraded version.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #778 of 1,095
@RIGATIO have you, who know Astell & Kern well, had the opportunity to try the AK HC4? I wanted to try an Astell & Kern dongle but it seems that this latest model almost doesn't exist... there's no reviews, there's no mention of it, few have listened to it and it's strange because the brand should be excellent (I've never listened to an A&K) and the price is really inviting. Have you heard anything about it? Even though I don't think it can be compared to the DC-Elite... but I wanted to try it, without wasting money obviously if it's not worth it.

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #779 of 1,095
@RIGATIO have you, who know Astell & Kern well, had the opportunity to try the AK HC4? I wanted to try an Astell & Kern dongle but it seems that this latest model almost doesn't exist... there's no reviews, there's no mention of it, few have listened to it and it's strange because the brand should be excellent (I've never listened to an A&K) and the price is really inviting. Have you heard anything about it? Even though I don't think it can be compared to the DC-Elite... but I wanted to try it, without wasting money obviously if it's not worth it.
Sorry but i havent heard this one. I dont think it would be any better than the Elite tho. I would pick the Elite over the AK sr35 dap which is very nice sounding but isnt as good as the Elite IMHO. The sr35 sounds nice, with a lot of precision in notes and separation also having warmish timbre but the Elite does these things as good while having grander soundstage (maybe being very slightly behind with the precision but the AK is well known for having the most accurate, studio like sound). So i dont think that the HC4 would be interesting for somehone who already owns the Elite.

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #780 of 1,095
Hiby R6 Pro II vs DC Elite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back