The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 29, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #391 of 1,166
It seems AliExpress can't ship most knob to Germany. However, I did a quick search and found a few on Amazon Germany. It will be much more expensive, but at least it is available. Just search for '15 x 12.5mm knob' or '15 x 13mm knob) there.

Those in your AliExpress link are all too big.
Can you clarify the width and height dimensions. 15mm tall or wide?

Thank you.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #392 of 1,166
Can you clarify the width and height dimensions. 15mm tall or wide?

Thank you.
15mm diameter and 12 to 13 mm long. The D shaft is 6mm in diameter.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #394 of 1,166
To elaborate, the original knob is 15mm in diameter, 9mm in height, and with a D / half shaft, so you want to avoid anything wider or shorter. As noted by @piphil previous post, not all knobs with set screws can be used as some might be just a little too tall (in set screw position) to fit securely.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #395 of 1,166
I just got my dc elite pro and it just straight up doesnt want to work with my iPhone while it works perfectly with my laptop. anybody got a similar experience?
We have tested the DC-Elite with many IEMs and even Headphones. It drives our SR3 without issue and other headphones that are harder to drive. If your phone has too much current draw from the load of a device, it is a safety feature to shut down the output.

Did you try it with other phones? We have various iPhones here and the DC-Elite caused no issues.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 1, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #398 of 1,166
It has been mentioned before
Most DAP producers have hired naturally developers for Android ecosystem.
Therefore there's a lack of experience and staff for other ecosystems.

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #401 of 1,166
Qudelix and Fiio seem to be able to do it.
I agree, some have stronger focus on software development.
Qdelix is actually living from the quality and features of the software as a standalone feature.
Haven't seen anything comparable on the market.

Ibasso is focusing more on hardware development and they re setting benchmarks here regularly.
I see the DC Elite as a no compromise Dongle in the footsteps of DX320 Max and therefore I am forgiving the lack of usability even though I also had my concerns before

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #402 of 1,166
Overall I don’t think the lack of an app is a deal breaker, the default settings on these dongles are most likely to give their best performance anyway. However it is incredibly silly that they cannot hire a single iOS developer. Every single time they release a new dongle there’s a chorus of “where’s the iOS app??”

Jan 1, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #403 of 1,166
Overall I don’t think the lack of an app is a deal breaker, the default settings on these dongles are most likely to give their best performance anyway. However it is incredibly silly that they cannot hire a single iOS developer. Every single time they release a new dongle there’s a chorus of “where’s the iOS app??”
Each time a new product is released, they would have to then update and change the app again. I use an iPhone 13PRO and it works excellent with it. From what I have read, if you really want to change something, put it on an Android device, make the changes and they are kept with the DC Elite when you change back but for me, I don't have any need to change anything. My Sony R-10 sound excellent our of it so there isn't anything I would change. No DAP I have heard sounds this good.

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #404 of 1,166
Each time a new product is released, they would have to then update and change the app again. I use an iPhone 13PRO and it works excellent with it. From what I have read, if you really want to change something, put it on an Android device, make the changes and they are kept with the DC Elite when you change back but for me, I don't have any need to change anything. My Sony R-10 sound excellent our of it so there isn't anything I would change. No DAP I have heard sounds this good.
Because I have an iPhone I don’t have any Android devices, and that only works for the DC Elite anyway. If they are offering a software solution, of course they have to keep it updated. They could have given us the option to make these changes in hardware, but opted not to, and people are right to call foul on the fact that the software excludes one of the major smartphone ecosystems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back