The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #346 of 1,074
Didn’t work on the iBasso DX320Max. Will try Cayin later!
Don't know if you saw my feedback regarding Cayin N30LE, so basically same problem, but: if you use the Hiby or Cayin Player app and activate exclusive mode, the digital volume control was working within these dedicated player apps only

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #349 of 1,074
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #350 of 1,074
Good to know. Someone mentioned the DC-Elite to not save settings inside a memory. So it was just a false rumor.

I can confirm that. Just did a test using my Galaxy S22 and iPhone XS Max. I set filter to D1 in UAC app, reconnected to iPhone, and then switched back to S22, the filter was still at D1. Then, did the same by setting filter to D2. Switched to iPhone and back to Galaxy, and the filter was still at D2, didn't get reset. I only assume it comes set to D1 from the factory because that is how it was the first time I connected it to my Galaxy S22.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #351 of 1,074
I can confirm that. Just did a test using my Galaxy S22 and iPhone XS Max. I set filter to D1 in UAC app, reconnected to iPhone, and then switched back to S22, the filter was still at D1. Then, did the same by setting filter to D2. Switched to iPhone and back to Galaxy, and the filter was still at D2, didn't get reset. I only assume it comes set to D1 from the factory because that is how it was the first time I connected it to my Galaxy S22.
I think you’ll need to do this with two Android phones to confirm that the app settings won’t override whatever was set in the dongle. Need to set the two UAC apps differently and just plug back and forth between the phones to see if the UAC settings actually change due to the settings on the dongle.

I guess the UAC settings have always taken over for the other ibasso dongles so this is a nice test to confirm that the dongle settings actually stick.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #352 of 1,074
I think you’ll need to do this with two Android phones to confirm that the app settings won’t override whatever was set in the dongle. Need to set the two UAC apps differently and just plug back and forth between the phones to see if the UAC settings actually change due to the settings on the dongle.

I guess the UAC settings have always taken over for the other ibasso dongles so this is a nice test to confirm that the dongle settings actually stick.

The app doesn't set the filter setting when connected as much as it just reads whatever has been set on the dongle itself. The setting is saved on the dongle, not the app.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #353 of 1,074
The app doesn't set the filter setting when connected as much as it just reads whatever has been set on the dongle itself. The setting is saved on the dongle, not the app.
Yeah what I’m saying is this should be verified with two phones. Since the other ibasso dongles rely on the app settings no? Just want to make sure the DC Elite actually save the settings unlike its predecessors.

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #355 of 1,074
Yeah what I’m saying is this should be verified with two phones. Since the other ibasso dongles rely on the app settings no? Just want to make sure the DC Elite actually save the settings unlike its predecessors.
The filters are baked inside the ROHM BD34301EKV DAC chip itself (documented on the ROHM datasheet). The UAC app doesn't apply the filters on its own but rather just acts as an external switch to flip between the two, thus the setting is always saved on the chip/dongle as part of the chip's hardware.

..and yes, I verified the UAC app will read the setting off from DC-elite itself every time using two different Android smartphones.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #356 of 1,074
Got my DC06 pro recently...but having some weird problems. Set up: Macbook pro M1 + Apple Music + stock cable (USB C port) + 3.5mm single end and playing certain songs, many of the times (not always) when it goes to a specific part of the song, the sound suddenly becomes distorted, like the instrumental becomes more prominent, bloated/blurred and human voice would just be off (I can't really describe it but there's a noticeable difference from how the song should sound like), and when you slide back a bit and replay it, everything is fine. I have tried 2 IEMs and the problem persists. Doesn't seem to happen when connected to iPhone tho. Anyone have any ideas? :sweat::thinking: I will try my work macbook pro (intel chip but both are Sonoma 14.xxx) and see if same thing happens... Also this is the 3rd dongle Dac/amp I've tried, the previous two (fiio ka5 & ifi hip dac2) both had problems. Really not a smooth shopping experience...

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #357 of 1,074
Got my DC06 pro recently...but having some weird problems. Set up: Macbook pro M1 + Apple Music + stock cable (USB C port) + 3.5mm single end and playing certain songs, many of the times (not always) when it goes to a specific part of the song, the sound suddenly becomes distorted, like the instrumental becomes more prominent, bloated/blurred and human voice would just be off (I can't really describe it but there's a noticeable difference from how the song should sound like), and when you slide back a bit and replay it, the distortion is gone. I have tried 2 IEMs and the problem persists. Doesn't seem to happen when connected to iPhone tho. Anyone have any ideas? :sweat::thinking: I will try my work macbook pro (I think they are both Sonoma 14.xxxx) and see if same thing happens... Also this is the 3rd dongle Dac/amp I've tried, the previous two (fiio ka5 & ifi hip dac2) both had problems. Really not a smooth shopping experience...
If it works on your phone then it must be the computer. Some type of buffering issue possibly.

I would also check to see what else you have running on the computer at the same time. I have an M1 and no issues.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #358 of 1,074
If it works on your phone then it must be the computer. Some type of buffering issue possibly.

I would also check to see what else you have running on the computer at the same time. I have an M1 and no issues.
Thanks! I will carefully check with my other laptop. However if it is an issue due to laptop, is there anything I can do to resolve it except for bringing it to repair?

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #360 of 1,074
Thanks! I will carefully check with my other laptop. However if it is an issue due to laptop, is there anything I can do to resolve it except for bringing it to repair?
I would call apple service and tell them the issue. See if they have any ideas. They are answering the phone pretty fast. I have had to call them a couple of times lately. They were even there on the 25th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back