The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 16, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #196 of 1,204
The assumption that someone wants a normal working volume knob is automatically equal to want to blasting ears is laughable, just as assuming all IEM are "hyper" sensitive.
twisting what I've said to laughable extent... I've never equated anything what you said to different things what you want... I see it's news to you that IEMs are known for its sensitivity and "a lot of" isn't automatically equal to "all", well now you know it... and hyper is a perfect word to describe its sensitivity, hopefully you wont grab a straw and try to come up with a few IEMs that aren't very sensitive, otherwise I'll show you a haystack of sensitive IEMs. Just predicting the obvious in attempt to avoid wasting time...

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #197 of 1,204
Anyone wants to buy LPGT Ti on the topic of titanium :D I plan to reduce size and get the dcelite :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #198 of 1,204
Aluminum isn’t a pair of socks either, what nonsense. Aluminum is extremely durable. If you want to feel extra weight tie a rock to the dongle.
you want aluminum, I want titanium, you asked iBasso why, I'm the answer, there are people like me who like that it's titanium, so did developer itself, they called it a flagship dongle and have chosen premium components through and through, don't like it, not a problem, because there are people who do and will like it.
I don't need to tie any rocks to it, it's a finished product and it's titanium, so there is nothing for you here to protest anymore, it's a done deal, deal with it.
Main point, you don't like that it is titanium, others do, so trying to argue with me won't change anything, because I highly doubt that a developer will role out a special cheaper aluminum version of it, after reading your complains, lol

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #199 of 1,204
you want aluminum, I want titanium, you asked iBasso why, I'm the answer, there are people like me who like that it's titanium, so did developer itself, they called it a flagship dongle and have chosen premium components through and through, don't like it, not a problem, because there are people who do and will like it.
I don't need to tie any rocks to it, it's a finished product and it's titanium, so there is nothing for you here to protest anymore, it's a done deal, deal with it.
Main point, you don't like that it is titanium, others do, so trying to argue with me won't change anything, because I highly doubt that a developer will role out a special cheaper aluminum version of it, after reading your complains, lol
I wasn’t asking you, I was asking the iBasso rep. Glad you like the dongle as is.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #200 of 1,204
twisting what I've said to laughable extent... I've never equated anything what you said to different things what you want... I see it's news to you that IEMs are known for its sensitivity and "a lot of" isn't automatically equal to "all", well now you know it... and hyper is a perfect word to describe its sensitivity, hopefully you wont grab a straw and try to come up with a few IEMs that aren't very sensitive, otherwise I'll show you a haystack of sensitive IEMs. Just predicting the obvious in attempt to avoid wasting time...
You did quote me, didn't you? The implication is clear as day so please don't insult other people's intelligence as that kind of weak argument is laughable as well. Do you see my join day on the left corner of every post I made? I have been in Head-fi for almost 20 years, and all that time I was an IEM user, so please stop telling me what IEM is or isn't. Hell, my first iBasso product was like 15+ years ago. So please don't think I have no idea what I am talking. If you like what you have, great. But plenty of us in this thread already express our concern regarding the volume knob design and that isn't just ONE MAN's OPINION.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #201 of 1,204
On a second thought, you could probably DIY something, I’m probably giving it a shot myself:

I will try get these magsafe magnets and attach them to a piece plastic card and attach an adjustable band or strap to it. Fun weekend project.
For the less handy guy.. i think ill try this base and glue a velcro strap on top

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217_091906_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217_091906_AliExpress.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #202 of 1,204
For the less handy guy.. i think ill try this base and glue a velcro strap on top
We had the same thought lol.

Found better magnets to try out.

Have 2 plans:
1. For the ring one, attach a bar across the diameter of the circle & attach the dongle to that.

2. Leather one, cut 2 slits in the middle and run some ribbon through such that I can secure the dongle by tying a simple knot.

Attachments

• IMG_9334.png
    IMG_9334.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #203 of 1,204
You did quote me, didn't you? The implication is clear as day so please don't insult other people's intelligence as that kind of weak argument is laughable as well. Do you see my join day on the left corner of every post I made? I have been in Head-fi for almost 20 years, and all that time I was an IEM user, so please stop telling me what IEM is or isn't. Hell, my first iBasso product was like 15+ years ago. So please don't think I have no idea what I am talking. If you like what you have, great. But plenty of us in this thread already express our concern regarding the volume knob design and that isn't just ONE MAN's OPINION.
well in that case people can see what I've written
Can't see why one would need to "play" with volume so much and it's a great feature protecting from accidental volume bump up, some of us still has good hearing and don't want to accidentally blast our ears off when it happens, because in reality most use dongles with IEMs and a lot of IEMs are hyper sensitive.
and into what you twisted it
The assumption that someone wants a normal working volume knob is automatically equal to want to blasting ears is laughable, just as assuming all IEM are "hyper" sensitive.
I don't judge people by how long they've been on a forum, you express your opinion as demands and the only way things should be done, as if everybody agrees and wants that way
The case is just too heavy, regardless of cost. The protective rail for the volume knob only serves to hinder the turning and should have been shorter / lower. The volume knob itself is a HUGE pain to use, regardless of its sonic benefit. These, I think, are all design oversight / anti-user features. I hope iBasso learns the lesson that ergonomics is also a very important factor in being "premium". It is a shame for otherwise an absolutely great-sounding dongle.
I saw you trying to bully Hiby representative in FC6 thread this way, he handled you well there, I'm glad that you have self awareness that it is just your opinion, otherwise people might think that you just throw tantrums and demand, insist how things should be done, how about w4 thread where you insist that developers should put resistor networks in their IEM to make up for botched up output impedance on some dongles and when developing their IEMs should aim impedance to be in line for those botched dongles, instead of developing the best IEMs they can... so I do not need to see your joint date, I've already seen enough in just a few threads to know what is up...

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #204 of 1,204
Well, my opinion about the volume knob is at least shared by multiple DC-elite users in this thread as well as on several reviews/ impressions across the web. That's enough said.

As for FC6, this is not the thread to discuss about it, but I posted everything openly on my FC6 thread and people can judge for themselves. As for output impedance, that's also another story on its own and not exactly an iBasso issue. But since we are touching on the subject, you might want to know that iBasso CF01 has a 20 ohm output impedance when it is designed to use with IEM, so...

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #205 of 1,204
In any case, yes it is stiff, does it matter, not really, a little uncomfortable if attached say magnetically, then it’s impossible to adjust volume, non of this is off putting against the superb sound, the design of this dongle is also fab imo.
What I don’t understand is why can’t I have a normally functional smaller steps vol, this is only a problem with iPhones and very sensitive iems like CFA

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #207 of 1,204
You guys really need to cut this now, both embarrassing yourselves
I agree and will refrain for further replying on the subject. Regardless of what other minor downsides I might think it has, I do and still think DC-elite is an fantastic sounding dongle nonetheless. In fact, I am enjoying it right now driving Moondrop Para.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #208 of 1,204
you might want to know that iBasso CF01 has a 20 ohm output impedance when it is designed to use with IEM, so...
so in the trash bin it belongs, and it seems Ibasso realized that themselves, because I've tried to look it up and it seems to be completely wiped off their english site. That's terrible spec and no excuse that it was a bluetooth adapter.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #210 of 1,204
@Paul - iBasso Any plans for a DC Elite Blu (with Bluetooth) in the future ?
I can’t be the only one who uses dongles exclusively while commuting/travelling only and hates dangling cables.
That would be nice but at this time no. We made the DC-Elite as an absolute pure device, as much as possible with a USB in and from the Analog out as clean as possible.

This is one reason for the true stepped attenuator, sound. No 60, 80 or 100 steps but an Analog volume stepped attenuator. We looked into having no guard around the volume control but as a portable device, it could change the volume too easily. Also, as a true, as pure signal path as we could do with very high quality parts, we went all out for sound and quality. Normally you can find the right volume and from there, changing the volume frequently should not be an issue but again, I stress that we went all out for sound quality and parts quality, which is why we refer to this as a mini DX320MAX and to that, I think we have accomplished this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back