The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #181 of 1,096
The case is just too heavy, regardless of cost. The protective rail for the volume knob only serves to hinder the turning and should have been shorter / lower. The volume knob itself is a HUGE pain to use, regardless of its sonic benefit. These, I think, are all design oversight / anti-user features. I hope iBasso learns the lesson that ergonomics is also a very important factor in being "premium". It is a shame for otherwise an absolutely great-sounding dongle.
I have to agree with the guards on the knob. Pretty hard to change the volume. I wish it was smaller to allow easier turns

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #182 of 1,096
Been loving the dc elite with ier z1r. Its the dongle ive been waiting for but didnt realize it.

Im enjoying the step volume, allows me to enjoy music at lower volumes.

@Paul - iBasso - is there any effect to the dongle if its close to magnets? Im thinking of ways to attach it to my phone so its not dangling.
I’m doing this myself.

Attachments

• 7423CFFD-EFEB-4912-A040-BD49418D67C7.jpeg
    7423CFFD-EFEB-4912-A040-BD49418D67C7.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #183 of 1,096
I am using the Velcro tape/band and it holds the dc04 pro dongle quite well. I just don't like anything connected to me phone on the go, cable iritation when I want to pull it out from the pocket etc.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #184 of 1,096
I’m doing this myself.
Im trying to find a magsafe version so i can remove it when im not bringing my dongle. Where did you buy that usbc adaptor at the bottom of your phone? Thats pretty nifty

Update. Just searched on aliexpress. Thats a great idea! Now just need a magsafe version holder

Thinking of something like this: maybe needs a bit stretchier? ..not sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_223811_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_223811_AliExpress.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #185 of 1,096
Im trying to find a magsafe version so i can remove it when im not bringing my dongle. Where did you buy that usbc adaptor at the bottom of your phone? Thats pretty nifty

Update. Just searched on aliexpress. Thats a great idea! Now just need a magsafe version holder

It’s 2 pieces. 1 is the DD hifi TC28c Pro (TC28i Pro for lightning). This allows me to connect a dongle whilst charge my phone at the same time, very useful adapter.

2nd is an angled usb-c adapter so that it connects upward on the back. This allows my phone to sit flush in my pocket without fear of kinking cables.

The magnet I used is actually from a well known wallet company called Moft, they’re called “sticky pads”. The DC elite itself is magnetic & I was worried about damaging something. The Moft Sticky pads have a thicker plastic between the magnet and device so the magnet’s strength isn’t strong in the side you stick the device to.

One downside about the Moft is that it’s a little too small to attach properly to an iPhone and it’s designed to stick to their magsafe wallet. My main phone is an iPhone. So what I can suggest is just get a cheap rubber phone case and search for a “magsafe metal plate” on Aliexpress. Get that and stick the plate to the inside of the rubber case.

For me that phone was bought specifically as a transport so I cut a hole in the case and actually stuck the metal plate to the phone itself. I also wrapped some leather to the plate to make it look nicer lol. Lastly, attached a motorcycle bluetooth media remote to the case as well and I have myself a neat little portable device.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #186 of 1,096

On a second thought, you could probably DIY something, I’m probably giving it a shot myself:

I will try get these magsafe magnets and attach them to a piece plastic card and attach an adjustable band or strap to it. Fun weekend project.

Attachments

• IMG_9326.png
    IMG_9326.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #188 of 1,096
It’s 2 pieces. 1 is the DD hifi TC28c Pro (TC28i Pro for lightning). This allows me to connect a dongle whilst charge my phone at the same time, very useful adapter.

2nd is an angled usb-c adapter so that it connects upward on the back. This allows my phone to sit flush in my pocket without fear of kinking cables.

The magnet I used is actually from a well known wallet company called Moft, they’re called “sticky pads”. The DC elite itself is magnetic & I was worried about damaging something. The Moft Sticky pads have a thicker plastic between the magnet and device so the magnet’s strength isn’t strong in the side you stick the device to.

One downside about the Moft is that it’s a little too small to attach properly to an iPhone and it’s designed to stick to their magsafe wallet. My main phone is an iPhone. So what I can suggest is just get a cheap rubber phone case and search for a “magsafe metal plate” on Aliexpress. Get that and stick the plate to the inside of the rubber case.

For me that phone was bought specifically as a transport so I cut a hole in the case and actually stuck the metal plate to the phone itself. I also wrapped some leather to the plate to make it look nicer lol. Lastly, attached a motorcycle bluetooth media remote to the case as well and I have myself a neat little portable device.
Its a lot of handy work. I am not that handy... lol

I have a samsung phone actually but using a magsafe case so trying to take advantage of the magsafe system.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #190 of 1,096
The case is just too heavy, regardless of cost. The protective rail for the volume knob only serves to hinder the turning and should have been shorter / lower. The volume knob itself is a HUGE pain to use, regardless of its sonic benefit. These, I think, are all design oversight / anti-user features. I hope iBasso learns the lesson that ergonomics is also a very important factor in being "premium". It is a shame for otherwise an absolutely great-sounding dongle.
Can't see why one would need to "play" with volume so much and it's a great feature protecting from accidental volume bump up, some of us still has good hearing and don't want to accidentally blast our ears off when it happens, because in reality most use dongles with IEMs and a lot of IEMs are hyper sensitive.
Why would you pick titanium for a dongle when aluminum is much lighter and is strong enough to handle all reasonable use? Titanium adds cost and weight, both of which are negatives in a dongle.
Premium durability, you don't need it, I need it, I want to feel its titanium weight in my hand, it's not a pair of socks, I want it to last indefinitely, I know nothing last that long, neither do we, so you don't want it, but I do and if I had a choice between aluminum and titnium, I would pay extra for titanium, so here is that.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #191 of 1,096
Good night
EU head Fi member & elderly! Got DC elite fro I Basso EU excellent product..Small robust audio very good, great detail & layering expensive but well worth it .Running it out of I Ph 12 & I pod touch 7g
John

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #192 of 1,096
Can't see why one would need to "play" with volume so much and it's a great feature protecting from accidental volume bump up, some of us still has good hearing and don't want to accidentally blast our ears off when it happens, because in reality most use dongles with IEMs and a lot of IEMs are hyper sensitive.
The assumption that someone wants a normal working volume knob is automatically equal to want to blasting ears is laughable, just as assuming all IEM are "hyper" sensitive.

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #193 of 1,096
new headfier and already talking crap! You won’t last long around here…

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #194 of 1,096

Premium durability, you don't need it, I need it, I want to feel its titanium weight in my hand, it's not a pair of socks, I want it to last indefinitely, I know nothing last that long, neither do we, so you don't want it, but I do and if I had a choice between aluminum and titnium, I would pay extra for titanium, so here is that.
Aluminum isn’t a pair of socks either, what nonsense. Aluminum is extremely durable. If you want to feel extra weight tie a rock to the dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back