The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Dec 4, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #121 of 1,061
Strangely, I also use it with my Fitear TG 334, cheers.
And still would like to buy another Fitear, I had Silver also but doesn’t fit right in my ears… unfortunately we haven’t a lot of Fitear UIEM, Air2 and Aya were 2 iems I’d like to own but is almost impossible hear them before ask a CIEM.
So TG335 would be the only UIEM I’d buy because Titan UIEM and EST Ti is very rare and wouldn’t fit fine as TG334 in my ears😓

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #123 of 1,061
Hi everyone
DC Elite is sell as a limited numbers?
AFAIK, it is not a limited version :D, just not an official release yet, ibasso.com still does not have information for DC06 Pro and DC Elite

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #126 of 1,061
Any initial impressions of the DC 06 Pro? People stopped buying dongles or what :)

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #127 of 1,061
Do you know where you can buy a DC-Elite at a good price? Thank you

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #128 of 1,061
Do you know where you can buy a DC-Elite at a good price? Thank you
I found it in a local store in Spain for €449 but still pending availability. And judging by everything, at the recent sales it was available at a discount of 15 percent, which is about 380 euros. Unfortunately, I missed it...
But I would still like to try it based on the first reviews, it should be a cool device.

By the way, does anyone know what the next sales will be?

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #132 of 1,061
I think they're worth to try. Instead of 06 Pro you might just get another ESS dongle like E1DA. Those are great.
I’m not looking for a big collection of dongles. I currently have the DC03 Pro and wanted one upgrade to it. I was hoping the DC Elite would be it but between the price and power draw I don’t think it would be a good fit. I’ll probably just get the DC04 Pro and be done with it.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #133 of 1,061
@mejoshua

Nice review. Thanks for sharing!

One thing I’m not getting at all about this review though is how does he get 100 steps of volume with DC Elite??!! It’s a 24 steps volume knob! Even when counting the 3 positions impedance button, it still only gives 72 volume options.
I’m not sure how he came up with his 42/100 volume for the headphone test?!
Anyways, cool review nonetheless! :)

I’ve had my DC Elite for over 2 weeks and I’m quite thrilled with the acquisition! Great product from ibasso!

If you guys are interested, I posted some quick impressions on the watercooler thread few days/weeks ago:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17827232

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17829937

And quick comparison to DX320 Max :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17848096

Also, bear in mind that I’m not a professional reviewer at all, so that’s pretty basic impressions that might not be of the highest accuracy! I hope it could still be helpful to some of you! :)

Cheers,

Julien

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #134 of 1,061
I’ve had my DC Elite for over 2 weeks and I’m quite thrilled with the acquisition! Great product from ibasso!

If you guys are interested, I posted some quick impressions on the watercooler thread few days/weeks ago:

There's not enough steps to get the exact volume I want, so I have to mess with the pre-amp on Neutron a bit. I don't care about it too much honestly.
I agree with your assesment about this dongle though. I've used it for a week now and I can confidently say it absolutely destroys the Questyle M15 I have in every technical aspect.
It sounds so clean, effortless, and extremely detailed. Modern pop and rock is rendered with speed and precision, while orchestra type tracks are presented with good scale and amazing dynamics. Despite it's high technical prowess, it never feels 'unnatural' or anything. Instruments sound beautifully detailed. It has that 'wow' factor that makes me rediscover my whole library. I've had a great time with the Mojo a few years back, but I'm having an even bigger blast now. Just amazing dongle by iBasso.

Recently found this review from a big reviewer from Weibo who says it's the best sounding dongle he's ever heard, characterizing it as (google translate) "a top-notch small-tail product with a neutral and slightly cold tone, focusing on transparency, cleanness, powerful analysis, and ultimate detail expression."

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #135 of 1,061
Is there any ibasso portable dongle that works with Google Pixel 8 phones? Already have 4 at home that dont work with Pixel 8 pro. Looking for one that works, rather then waiting for Google to fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back