The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Jun 14, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #16 of 1,066
How is the pairing with 660S2? Is it really able to power it?
Hello moris, I haven't bought it yet. That's why I wrote here!
I am an iPhone/iPad/Macbook user and I soon found out the iBasso UAC control app doesn't work on iPhones.
Can you confirm if options set with an android phone or pc are saved inside the unit so that it works with the same options when connected to another device like iPhone/iPad or does it reset to defaults and what are the default options? (filter, gain, etc).
thanks in advance,

christos

Jun 14, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #17 of 1,066
Hello all!
I am new here! After hours and hours of reviews I decided I should get the iBasso DC04 PRO to use with my Sennheiser 660 S2!
I am an iPhone/iPad/Macbook user and I soon found out the iBasso UAC control app doesn't work on iPhones.
Can any of you owners confirm if options set with an android phone or pc are saved inside the unit so that it works with the same options when connected to another device like iPhone/iPad or does it reset to defaults and what are the default options? (filter, gain, etc)

Thanks in advance,

Christos
I don't have an iPhone, but some time ago I tested it between Android smartphone and Windows PC.

As far as I could tell:
• Volume and L/R balance seem to be remembered.
• Gain seem not to be remembered.
• Other settings couldn't hear a difference with certainty. But presumable – like gain – not remembered as well?

Default settings are:
Digital Filter 1 (Linear Phase, Fast Roll-Off), Gain High, Output Turbo, Eco Mode Off.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 1,066
I don't have an iPhone, but some time ago I tested it between Android smartphone and Windows PC.

As far as I could tell:
• Volume and L/R balance seem to be remembered.
• Gain seem not to be remembered.
• Other settings couldn't hear a difference with certainty. But presumable – like gain – not remembered as well?

Default settings are:
Digital Filter 1 (Linear Phase, Fast Roll-Off), Gain High, Output Turbo, Eco Mode Off.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Bad news settings not saved. I confirm your feedback as I had the same info from another source.
Good news in my case default settings will work fine as I will be using it with a set of Sennheiser 660 s2. I will not be able to change the digital filter, but I dont think I would do that anyway.

So now its KA05 VS DC04 PRO once again. haha :)

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #19 of 1,066
I have received the DC04 Pro and i have to admit it's quite nice. The Z12 sounds very very well and detailed. I like it quite a lot.
However, does anyone the unbalanced vs balanced differences? Is there any reason why not to use the 4.4 balanced termination? does it consume more power? Any sound difference?

Sep 5, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #27 of 1,066
I have a "problem" with my DC03 Pro. When I connect the DAC to any device (PC, phone, tablet) the LED glows red and that's OK, but when I start playing music the LED is off (it should glow blue or green). Has anyone had a similar problem? Is this an indication that the circuitry is defective?

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 1,066
I have a "problem" with my DC03 Pro. When I connect the DAC to any device (PC, phone, tablet) the LED glows red and that's OK, but when I start playing music the LED is off (it should glow blue or green). Has anyone had a similar problem? Is this an indication that the circuitry is defective?
Try a different usb c cable.

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #29 of 1,066
DC06 Pro :

DC06 Pro.jpg

DC Elite :

DC Elite.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back