The iBasso D7 "Sidewinder" true 24/196 USB, images first page.
Oct 26, 2011 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

jamato8

Headphoneus Supremus
is coming out. No upsampling and asynchronous USB. It should be an interesting listen with all of the high quality 24/196 downloads coming out. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 94

from the website... http://ibasso.com/en/news/show.asp?ID=112
Quote:
We are going to release the D7 "Sidewinder" after about two weeks.
The following are the main features.
1, True 24Bit/192K USB-DAC, supports bit for bit decoding. (in other words, it isnt upsampling)
2, Asynchronous USB transfer
3, Up to 24Bit/192K coaxial output
4, RCA output and Line out.
5, Built-in headphone amplfiier that run off of USB power.
6, Measures 93*60*22mm.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 94
Competition to the Dacport, I'm really looking forward to see what it looks like and to hear some impressions, as this will be more versatile than the Dacport, even though I doubt it will look as cool as the Dacport. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 94
I am very curious as to the sound as I don't have anything that can decode the full 24/196 downloads I have right now. I wish my iRivers could have been used to hold the high rez format but they won't go that high. 

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 94
Just got news from Ibasso....the delay in releasing the D7 is because they are changing the DAC to the 32-bit ESS Technology ES9018

Definitely looking forward to its release 
regular_smile .gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 94
Hmm...time to unload my D4 Mamba

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #9 of 94
32-bit ESS Technology ES9018

Just did some reading up on this component; seems like a beast.

How much do you think this potentially raises the cost of the device, and what price range do you guys see this falling into?

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #10 of 94
Hm, so are we talking about a device that completely bypasses the ipod dac? Like the alo product?

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 94
There is a special chip and license that goes with the iPod bypass and this doesn't have that. It is very expensive, from what I understand. 

The chip that they are going to use in D7 is extreme. If implemented correctly, there would not be much that could touch it. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #12 of 94
If they could possibly implement the P4 amp section with a switchable USB to battery power (external or internal pack) it would be even better.

The USB-powered amp section is limited by voltage....which would also limit portability if you wanted to use it as just an amp without the PC

The DAC section should be superior to any other portable DAC/Amp combo. To quote:

"The SABRE32 Reference audio DAC series is the world’s highest performance 32-bit audio DAC solution targeted for consumer applications such as Blu-ray player, audio pre-amplifier, A/V receiver and professional applications such as recording systems, mixer consoles and digital audio workstations. With ESS patented 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference Stereo DAC delivers an unprecedented DNR of up to 135dB and THD+N of -120dB, the industry’s highest performance level that will satisfy the most demanding audio enthusiasts."

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #15 of 94

Quote:
Exciting! Also heard that ibasso had been working on something similar as alo's solo dac for apple Dpas.

That's something to wait for. I hope that iBasso can release something that isn't a complete rip off like the Alo or Fostex offerings are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back