The HP-1000's have landed...ummm...again (56K warning pics)
Jan 2, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #46 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i cannot see at all how you could compare r10 to rs1, the sounds are way different. They hardly even belong in the same sentence.

yeah, the r10 can't compare lol
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #47 of 118
hp2smile.gif

you know , you are lucky ...I don't even know how can it be one can go buying 2 hp2's , then sell them both , then he can find another pair in less then 1 year . this is voodoo . congrats . If i had to play the lottery , I'd give you a pm for sure
tongue.gif

when i look at my hp-2 I think they're quite a voodoo instrument, and it was yesterday that answering to a pm I defined them a music surgical instrument for curing ears pleasure ; never thought this terms for another set of cans

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #48 of 118
one thing i deeply enjoy about the HP-2 is that it is forgiving as well as being capable of growing with your upstream equipment without changing what they are.

they sound good with this:
transportable18ha1kz.jpg

great with this:
homerig5gr.jpg

and they will continue to reveal and improve more and more as i get better amps and sources. other phones sound good with lesser equipment and great with wonderful equipment, but many of these phones change fundamentally as the upstream components improve; the fundamental character of the HP1000s stays the same, but they reveal new insight into the music, as you improve your gear, without changing the way they portray the music. to me, this is what technical dynamism and neutrality are all about; insight and musical revelation. it makes it highly enjoyable, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #50 of 118
They really are stunning, I'd love to hear them one day but thats just a dream at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
Now if you REALLY want to bring them to beyond HP-1000 spec, ask Joe Grado to burn them in and tailor them to his own personal set.

Rhydon, did you have to pay to have them de-stressed? If not I can imagine Joe having quite lot of hours with HP-1000's again
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #52 of 118
Congrats! Amazing phones those HP series are. I fell in love with Grados top of the line of phones a few years back and I've been waiting for them to put out something that's kind of like an all inclusive phone... Something that's the "The greatest hits" of Grado. Something that combines the best aspects of the HPs, the PS-1s, and the RS-1s together into one magical phone... No luck yet, but I hope they're working on it.

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #54 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb367
Did all of the red letttering peel off on your pair?

i think so .
[size=xx-small]
story is
I badly wanted a pair and i went very close getting one, it was a year ago and i remember 3! hp-2 went near/for sale in a very short time , very strange happening . I remeber opening a thread to inquire about it ; in the end it resulted to be quite casual happening .
The first seller i got in touch with was driving an auction-like sale, and it was not easy to deal with. I had a short pm exchange with Larry (headphile); I asked him if he could tell about conditions, and cable, from the hp-2 pics the seller sent me; I informed him the situation with the seller. He super kindly offered me a pair of hp-2 when I was getting through troubles with the seller.. I decided to get the hp-2 from Larry , and have been very happy about it. They came without lettering, the rest was super mint conditions , headband included ; and I like them enormously the way they are . I wouldn't dare scratching the letters myself on a pair, but I really like my all-chrome-finish hp-2.
They sound even cleaner then the one with lettering .
I even opened a thread for I didn't know whether to leave or not a negative feedback on the original seller, but I refrained from because in the end I didn't spend other then time ( 2 weeks ) and patience with him ( .. I went through 3 re-pricing , all said "final" , the seller telling " if you can offer 800 then they're yours " , me approving and asking to pay for , and then the seller backing for an higher price, 3 times - and through 20 pms exchanged about the thing .. ) ; no deal was concluded so I decided to not leave the feedback; they finally sold for near to 1k$.

I think Larry could have another "spare" hp-2 among his cans , just an hypothesis; but.. I don't know having 2 pairs if I would let go one ; whatever the price ; let's say under 2.5k I wouldn't even think about selling a pair ; serious .[/size]

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #55 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
How about this, if they started reproducing all of them at these same prices, do you think the HP-3 would outsell the K701?

Can you start reproducing the AKG K340 instead? Please?
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #56 of 118
i second that !
icon10.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #57 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Can you start reproducing the AKG K340 instead? Please?
biggrin.gif

Why not both!
biggrin.gif
Battle of the old school phones... Oh how I wish they (both) were still being made...

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #60 of 118
Very nice pair, wondering what you do with all those HP2s? Do you still have the extra pair I sold you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back