The Hobbit Movie Thread (and anything else related to Lord of the Rings & J.R.R. Tolkien)
May 10, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #46 of 115
Can't wait to see the second part!!!

And can't wait to get all six movies (Lord of Rings and The Hobbit) in blu ray and extended edition to get them all in a raw!!! 
eek.gif

It sounds crazy but just did the Lord of Rings extended edition marathon and it took almost 12 hours but it worth! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #47 of 115
Can't wait to see the second part!!!

And can't wait to get all six movies (Lord of Rings and The Hobbit) in blu ray and extended edition to get them all in a raw!!! 
eek.gif

It sounds crazy but just did the Lord of Rings extended edition marathon and it took almost 12 hours but it worth! 
bigsmile_face.gif

A 12 hour marathon? Man, that is just crazy! :D

I sort of can call myself a LOTR/ Hobbit fan, read the books and own the original LOTR extended dvd set loved it. Have yet to watch the Hobbit though. Not to mention there are 2 more books before the Hobbit (based on the first encounter of the elves vs sarumans henchmen) and let's hope those will be turned into movies as well.

The Tolkien estate refuses to sell film rights to any other Tolkien book.
So there will be no other movies based on Tolkien books, in addition, Jackson cannot take any material from any other Tolkien book and incorporate it into The Hobbit movies. Any extra material is derived from the Appendices from LOTR. Not from The Silmarillion.

May 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #49 of 115
Quote:
Tolkien geek here :D

Yep, Tolkien and Jacksons geek 
biggrin.gif

Anyway I read "The Hobbit" but never had the chance to read "The Lord of Rings". I read different opinion about it: someone that just love it and someone saying that there are too much unnecessary description and things like songs and stuff like that...

What do you think?!? 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #50 of 115
Yep, Tolkien and Jacksons geek 
biggrin.gif

Anyway I read "The Hobbit" but never had the chance to read "The Lord of Rings". I read different opinion about it: someone that just love it and someone saying that there are too much unnecessary description and things like songs and stuff like that...

What do you think?!? 
bigsmile_face.gif

It's one of the greatest books of the 20th century. I don't think it is too long at all. If you enjoyed reading The Hobbit, gauranteed you will really enjoy Lord Of The Rings book.

If you don't like long books, avoid Tom Clancy's books. Clancy really needs a good editor.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #52 of 115
Quote:
Somebody saw Martin Freeman in Melbourne two days ago.  May be he was heading to New Zealand.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah!
Very cool!
Doing some additional scenes perhaps?

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #53 of 115
Yeah may be.  That was the case with the previous trilogy, some of them returned to do additional scenes after the principal photography had finished.  

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #54 of 115
To be honest, I'm really hoping they tighten up part 2.
Part One dddddrrrraaaaggggeeeeddddd a bit.

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #57 of 115
Watched the Extended version of The Hobbit last night, liked the extra 20 minutes.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #60 of 115
Can't wait for the 2nd Hobbits movie to come out.

Although....

I'd really like P.J to take on the Silmarillion, how Sauron was a good guy and all and early war and a younger Gandalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back