The Hisoundaudio Live: My New Favorite Earbud!
Mar 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 22
For anyone interested, the Live is a more balanced sound with more bass,. the Living is a step or two up in clarity and staging all around but has much less bass and feels very unbalanced.  The Live or the Paa1 Pro are the way to go if you want more bass deepness.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey there everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing new earbuds and I'm quite interested in those Paa1 pro and Live.
My casual phones are Yuin PK2s, which I use mainly when walking in the streets, but the bass is almost inaudible is such a noisy environment, so I'd like something with more present low end, without sacrificing the mids and highs details and clarity.

If any of you has tried all three of these, can you please advise which is the best option out of Paa1 and Live ?
Will the Live have more bass than PK2 ? I'm quite confident about the mids/highs quality, but I'm afraid it's not a great improvement for my concern.
About the Paa1, does it sound really bassy and dark, or could you still say it's balanced ? I don't want mids and highs to feel veiled or confused.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 22
I'm finally getting around to listening more to the Live buds. I really have to admit these are the best ear buds I've heard yet. They take a dump on the ones provided with apple devices (although those aren't bad either). These things can also handle some serious volumes. I've been using them along with a 75 and 30 ohm adapter connected to my RWA AK100 to burn it in at volume 70. I was wondering if I'd destroy the drivers on these but they are very tough. You'd destroy your ears well before you destroy these drivers due to over-driving them lol. They also undergo a form of burn in. They are quite a bit more spacious now in the sound staging. The treble seems to have settled down and is more airy. I really like the sound of these buds and I could definitely see myself using them when in a pinch :). I've also noticed they are rather power hungry so I'm not sure if you'd get the best out of these with a Clip or a similar source.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #19 of 22
I couldn't find these on Lend me ur ears website.. or on Amazon.

On Ebay.. 2 deals.. one for $199.. and another for $89 (used, no thanks)

I really hate eBay.. is there any alternative to get these? :frowning2:

edit: found some for sale on Noisymotel.com .. not sure how reputable they are.. so will do a little research on them before purchase.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #20 of 22
The $199 ones are the Living, not the Live.

I believe Hisound are making new models that should be out before too long. Might as well wait for those. Other new stuff coming out now, Charm 3, BLOX, etc. so make sure you want to buy an older model right now. I wouldn't myself. Still a good bud but this new stuff could be cheaper and better sounding. There are some BLOX ANV3 left(according to them) at $70 shipped and a couple of Charm 3 were on ebay for $65 shipped(not sure of color choice though).

My PMX680 are slightly modded and they sound much like the BLOX M2C with more enjoyable bass. So I let the BLOX go. My JBL Tempo are similar in signature to the Live but more enjoyable to me(sound less thin w/o amping) so I no longer own the Live.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
The $199 ones are the Living, not the Live.

I believe Hisound are making new models that should be out before too long. Might as well wait for those. Other new stuff coming out now, Charm 3, BLOX, etc. so make sure you want to buy an older model right now. I wouldn't myself. Still a good bud but this new stuff could be cheaper and better sounding. There are some BLOX ANV3 left(according to them) at $70 shipped and a couple of Charm 3 were on ebay for $65 shipped(not sure of color choice though).

My PMX680 are slightly modded and they sound much like the BLOX M2C with more enjoyable bass. So I let the BLOX go. My JBL Tempo are similar in signature to the Live but more enjoyable to me(sound less thin w/o amping) so I no longer own the Live.

I recently bought the Sunshine Charm 3. They are okay but a bit flat and thin. I prefer them to the Hisoundaudio Live, which I'm pretty disappointed in. Yuin PK2 are much better than the Live and I prefer them to the Charm 3. I've also got the Living and they are okay but not worth the high price. Blox TM7 beats the Living 10 times out of 10, and so does ANV3.

I hope Hisoundaudio comes out with better earbuds, because right now I think they are on a slightly lower level than Sunshine audio. Yuin still make great earbuds, and Blox are the number one maker. Sennheiser are very close with MX980/985, but I find TM7 to be slight more smooth to listen to, and also the fit is much better with Blox.

About old earbuds, some of my favorites are from Sony and Aiwa. Sony MDR-E484 from around 1990 would still be a top earbud today, E282 from around 1986 beats the E484, and E252 from 1983 beat the E282 and are close to TM7 in sound. I have not heard all of the old Aiwa models, but the HP-D9 from the early 90's have the most amazing detail and soundstage that I've heard in earbuds. A lot has been lost since big companies stopped making high end earbuds and started to focus on IEM's. The Chinese companies are only starting to catch up on what Japanese companies were making 25 years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back