The highest postcount ever in any forum.
Aug 19, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean Duggeh? He's somewhere, surely.

Evening all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean HeadphoneAddict, Duggeh, and like...
bigsmile_face.gif

Some of those who have have English as their first language and hence should have an easier time writing longer, detailed and more into depth posts. Not third language like me.

Anyway...
bigsmile_face.gif

I'd quite like to see that "and like..." filled out so I can know who, more broadly you'd compare me to on these forums.

There is one user on this forum, referenced earlier by Mr Maher who I once went to the effort of calculating the signal:noise ratio of for his post history. He has more than 20,000 posts and if you were to remove the inane piffle posted on autopilot in multitudinous threads over the years, he wouldn't have 10% of his posts left. I won't mention him by name though, because the last time I mentioned users by name in a rant against their posting habits I got a quite rightly deserved slap on the back of the hand from Mr Mansilla. I was rather bluntly irate about it.

My post-count-per-day is down from where it once was. I doubt if it ever reached 7 though.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #47 of 62
Props to the mods for paring back the swarm of "game" and navel-gazing threads that once overwhelmed the Member's Lounge. It got to the point where any meaningful discussions would be pushed back onto the second or third pages.

Various "karma"'systems and subforums that don't add to postcounts have been proposed. Those all have drawbacks and it would mean another round of installations, testing, etc. for the admins.

Instead, I'd like to see members voluntarily stop posting in the junk threads. If you want to boost your count, try helping someone. Or start a thread if you have questions. If there are more discussions and more threads, there will be more opportunity to make meaningful posts.

May 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #48 of 62
first 1000k post ever!!! http://forums.facethejury.com/forum.asp#top_posters

May 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:
first 1000k post ever!!! http://forums.facethejury.com/forum.asp#top_posters

Bisexual, too.

A member for 8 years, approximately. So about 3000 days of activity. That's 333 posts per day. Or, at 16 waking hours per day, one post per three minutes. At a low estimate. Unless that number's been padded or it's all useless spam, an intervention is in order.

May 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #50 of 62
On one of my old forums that I used to frequent, I was close to 20k and averaged over 100+ posts/day, most of which were on those pointless word game threads.

May 24, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #51 of 62
Lol, I racked up a few thousand on my old Gamespot account frequenting the pointless word game threads, good times :p

May 24, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #53 of 62
Says 73k posts for me..

May 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #54 of 62
I wonder who has the highest here on head-fi? Krmathis most likely?

Sorry for double post.

May 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #56 of 62

Quote:
The only way I can picture these guys are fat bastards who do nothing but post all day, from when they wake up to when they go to sleep.
Someone needs a life.
NOW.
blink.gif

Some regular posters may well be ill, as in genuinely ill with any thing from agoraphobia to physical disabilities which mean the internet and forums are a massive release and benefit for them. There are real cases when the internet has given people a life. 

May 25, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #57 of 62

Quote:
Some regular posters may well be ill, as in genuinely ill with any thing from agoraphobia to physical disabilities which mean the internet and forums are a massive release and benefit for them. There are real cases when the internet has given people a life. 

I bet those people are counting down the days until the matrix arrives.

EK

May 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #60 of 62
I came into this thread thinking krmathis had the highest post count ever. I guess I was way off :p I thought I had a lot at 2000+ whatever I have here but that's over 2 years I think so it isn't terribly bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back