The HiBy R6 III is now available for pre-order!
Feb 13, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #16 of 25
the DAP companies are like cell phone companies. there are 2 new models every year and a new flagship every 2-3 years. i still buy DAPs, they are an active part of my listening, but you need to be aware that when you buy a model, especially lower or mid-tier, it is likely already outdated.
Fortunately there has been one exception to the rule - SONY. They take time and release a successor model only when there is a substantial reason for it (better specs etc.).:)

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #18 of 25
I just got my unit in earlier today. Spent most of the initial hour setting up everything the way I like and getting poweramp all configured. It’s very fast and I’m super happy to see it’s running Android 12. I’ll post a picture shortly of the free leather case for orders done before February 28th. The case feels really high quality and reminds me of the RS6 leather case. Might help make it worth it since they sell the official Hiby cases for quite a bit of money. I’ll have a review out sometime in the next two weeks.

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 25
FEE965D3-8798-4592-9851-C328C5CDC336.jpeg
836E2873-2002-4FA9-AC5E-0B3B830F9C77.jpeg

Feb 26, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #22 of 25
Any impressions on the sound? Some reviews mentioned some sharpness in treble?

As the MSEB is down to hardware level I guess you can always take away some sharpness.

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #23 of 25
Any impressions on the sound? Some reviews mentioned some sharpness in treble?

As the MSEB is down to hardware level I guess you can always take away some sharpness.
I’m just barely getting over the Flu so I’m less stuffy but the clogged ears kinda have me on the sidelines for true sound impressions at the moment. Today has been been better for music listening or at least things not lacking intense amounts of bass but I believe the normal “Sabre glare” is present in the R6 III. Though it’s not as intense as some of the ES9028 DACs I’ve heard. Just a bit of artificial sounding spice up top.

Like you mentioned, it could be system wide EQ’d down to a more controlled level.

My SMSL SU-9 has almost no “Sabre glare” but the difference between the SU-9 and R6 III aren’t extreme. At least right now while I’m waiting for my ears and nose to fully get back to normal. I’ll probably have some better impressions later next week or a review out hopefully before the weekend

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #24 of 25
Thanks Corgifall, I use the E70 with A90D daily. I'm probably not the most sensitive to glare or treble anyways. Also an Beyerdynamic lover 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back