The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,201 of 1,323
I'm a bit late to the party...but here are my thoughts and opinions on the ifi Go Blu!

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,202 of 1,323
I am dropping this here too since the BT cable thread is not very active and I think there’s a lot of overlap with this one: Null-Audio are updating their Nyx cable to support LDAC and aptX Adaptive. It will be the Nyx+, still with a dedicated class A amp. It’s about to launch, and about $25 more expensive than the original Nyx. Which was already a beast able to rival the nice BT receivers.
Is there some information on this anywhere?

Jul 6, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #1,203 of 1,323
Is there some information on this anywhere?
Not yet, Null are really behind it seems, the sale that was supposed to start still hasn’t started. It will support LDAC and aptX Adaptive, but they have reverted to class D amplification, they told me it’s more efficient - for sure it is but will it sound as good? I hope so…

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #1,204 of 1,323
Not yet, Null are really behind it seems, the sale that was supposed to start still hasn’t started. It will support LDAC and aptX Adaptive, but they have reverted to class D amplification, they told me it’s more efficient - for sure it is but will it sound as good? I hope so…
Make sense with the amplification for the power budget you have in the size of one of these BT receivers.
Would you know the power output of the unit?

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #1,205 of 1,323
For those with a 1st batch Go Blu with weak BT range, here is a possible (but not easy) solution.

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,206 of 1,323
Any news on the BTR7 ?

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #1,207 of 1,323
Any news on the BTR7 ?

Still waiting for the new firmware to come (*which should be days away), otherwise pretty happy with it so far.

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,209 of 1,323
@ClieOS are you getting Dethonray Pegasus SG1?

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #1,211 of 1,323
@ClieOS are you getting Dethonray Pegasus SG1?

SG1 can only be described as a disaster and should be avoided like plague. See measurement here.

Didn't find any mic input on the picture, so I assume it is not really an BT adapter but a full sized BT DAC/amp that is beyond the scope of the discussion.

Aug 16, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #1,213 of 1,323
True, thought I saw something about mic.
While it is out of scope for the thread, I do just saw L7 release it's measurement here. It is pretty decent overall.

Nov 1, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,214 of 1,323
Hey guys, the Hiby W3S seems to be on sale right now for a very good price, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it works in DAC mode when connected to the Nintendo Switch?

The console seems very fickle when it comes to DAC support, which is a shame because it happens to also have one of the worst built-in amp of any of my portable devices, probably even worse than my Vita.

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #1,215 of 1,323
Hi guys, came to head fi again just to look at possible replacements for my Qudelix 5K.
Ive been extremely happy with it, however the clip broke, and I left it in my pocket and my fiance ended up running it through the washer and dryer a few months ago.
Crazy enough the thing still works no problem.
(I think). The battery life is iffy now, and it sometimes has some connection issues. My warranty according to the app still has over 100 days left but Im not sure if they would, or what they could fix on it.
They told me how to open it, and I could replace the battery and clean any possible corrosion inside but that doesnt change the clip being broken.
So I was wondering what you guys can recommend in that same price range?
Not sure if music type matters for the amp, but I am running a pair of Moondrop blessing 2 IEM's with the upgraded Line K balanced 2.5 cable. I can get a 3.5, or a 4.5 balanced cable if need be.
Was kinda looking at the new fiio btr7 but its kinda spendy and Id need a new cable.
Just curious what peoples opinions are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back