The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #541 of 6,326
Shipping is probably delayed a couple days as we've kidnapped Justin this weekend. Sorry! :D

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #544 of 6,326
Quote:
Thanks for the insight on the mk2 Justin and all.

I would like to hear if someone has been able to compare the v200 to the GS-X as that's what I'm replacing with the mk2?

I'm not sure anyone has the Mk2 yet.  I'll post the comparison when I get mine - it may take a while.  The Violectric V200 is a great amp so it will be an interesting comparison.  I would have opted for a balanced output V282 but production was put off to whenever . . ..

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #547 of 6,326
I'm going to be at the Austin,TX meet so I will get a chance to hear the GS-X mk 2 and will post my impressions.  I bet that Justin will be bringing one with a pot installed and I have ordered mine with the stepped attenuator so I should be able to give a comparison once I get my GS-X in and have it burned in.

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #551 of 6,326
For those of you waiting to hear the amp, I've just had a couple of listens at the Austin meet. It indeed has a dead quiet noise floor, drives LCD-3's and HE-6's with ease, and with plenty of detail and resolution. I was impressed with how it seemed to open up the LCD-3's soundstage beyond what I have heard from other amps. The GS-X mk2 has a truly flat frequency response with no bumps anywhere. Those of us who preordered sight unseen are about to be rewarded with something special.

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #553 of 6,326
Looking forward even more now to hear the one I've ordered, it'll also be interesting to hear how my HD600's sound with the 4 pin XLR custom [ silver ] cable I have to use with the GS-X.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #555 of 6,326
GS-X v2 is probably in my future. It sounded great with my DAC and HD800s. Slightly better than the BHA-1. Retains the detail of the BHA-1 but cleans it up a bit in the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back