The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Mar 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #556 of 6,329
Quote:
GS-X v2 is probably in my future. It sounded great with my DAC and HD800s. Slightly better than the BHA-1. Retains the detail of the BHA-1 but cleans it up a bit in the treble.

biggrin.gif
....and the quest continues......

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #557 of 6,329
GS-X v2 is probably in my future. It sounded great with my DAC and HD800s. Slightly better than the BHA-1. Retains the detail of the BHA-1 but cleans it up a bit in the treble.

Totally agree! When I heard it at a meet it was def clean and very very even.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #559 of 6,329
Need Mojo v BHA-1 v Soloist v GS-X impressions.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #560 of 6,329
Quote:
Need Mojo v BHA-1 v Soloist v GS-X impressions.

+1 that would be nice. However, that will be difficult since new GS-X -- as far as I understand it -- has thus far only been heard at meets, so our population will be quite limited.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #561 of 6,329
Quote:
+1 that would be nice. However, that will be difficult since new GS-X -- as far as I understand it -- has thus far only been heard at meets, so our population will be quite limited.

By next week some orders should've been received.

No excuses!

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #562 of 6,329
Quote:
By next week some orders should've been received.

No excuses!

True enough! I have heard Justin's amp at a meet and am pretty much set on getting next round. It delivers on all counts - as far as I am concerened. The preamp option is bonus for me. I am thinking of using it feed my F3. I have not really heard the other amps, so all of the cognizant individuals, please enlighten us when the time comes!

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #563 of 6,329
Mar 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #564 of 6,329
Quote:
I would like to say..."With the 009's" but then you have Amp choices, DAC choices, etc....so NO!!  
evil_smiley.gif

Amen brother! The 009 are the pinnacle (especially off BHSE) but it would be hard to hide that purchase from my wife on the bank statement.
evil_smiley.gif
  I think GSX gets close though and the price tag does not require me to sell my new car.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #565 of 6,329
:D ....and the quest continues......

...and likely ends. I know it's been said before, but I do feel a sense of finality about this setup. I will of course continue to bring in interesting stuff like the King Sound stats, but I don't expect them to compete.

I've also come to the realization that I already owned my 'fun' can before I bought the LCD-2. The UERM are basically what I wanted, a bit more bass and slightly relaxed treble while still having a holographic soundstage and perfect center image, so I could pump volume a bit when I felt like it without killing my ears.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #566 of 6,329
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif
....and the quest continues......

...and likely ends. I know it's been said before, but I do feel a sense of finality about this setup. I will of course continue to bring in interesting stuff like the King Sound stats, but I don't expect them to compete.

I've also come to the realization that I already owned my 'fun' can before I bought the LCD-2. The UERM are basically what I wanted, a bit more bass and slightly relaxed treble while still having a holographic soundstage and perfect center image, so I could pump volume a bit when I felt like it without killing my ears.

I have the JH16's coming in a couple of weeks. They will be my "Fun" on the road toys. We'll see how the home front goes after I get the Taboo MK III.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #570 of 6,329
Wow...what a beautiful amp.  What is the lead time for the next batch Justin?  How much will the price increase be?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back