The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #3,302 of 6,326

+1, two minutes, that must be a joke - or he disqualified himself right there as owner of a GSX-MkII. Wrap it up and sent it back.

+2 , pics or it didn't happen
biggrin.gif

Heh, sadly it was no joke as I am very busy this week.  I honestly didn't want to listen to it for such a short time but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with the unit (highly unlikely I know).  I promised myself I won't listen to it again until I can give it several proper multi-hour listens this weekend.

And here's a pic.  It didn't turn out very well and it's not aligned at all but it'll have to do for now. 
biggrin.gif

Of course I don't intend to keep the power supply sitting on top of my Dmitri forever.  I'll probably end up selling my Leben soon and will rearrange then.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3,303 of 6,326
Dam that is sexy. I cannot wait.

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,307 of 6,326
A few questions for those who have already received your amp from Justin -- how do the payments work?  I ordered a GS-X Mk2 about a month ago and put down the 1/4 deposit.  What happens from this point on -- is the remaining  balance paid all at once shortly before delivery or at spaced intervals?   How do you select the color of the amp -- there was no provision for this on the order form on their webpage.   

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3,308 of 6,326
I ask for the payment when I have all of the materials and am in the process of finishing the assembly of the amp, ideally a couple weeks before it ships. I will send out an email asking about the color when I'm ready to send the front panels in for polishing/anodizing -- that will probably be in about 4-6 weeks if you're in the next batch

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3,309 of 6,326
A few questions for those who have already received your amp from Justin -- how do the payments work? I ordered a GS-X Mk2 about a month ago and put down the 1/4 deposit. What happens from this point on -- is the remaining balance paid all at once shortly before delivery or at spaced intervals? How do you select the color of the amp -- there was no provision for this on the order form on their webpage.

For my GS-X in the current batch, Justin requested the balance in full shortly before the amp shipped.

Send him an email with your color request. If I remember correctly, Justin reached out to anyone in the current batch where he wasn't sure about the color but I'd send one now to make sure your choice is accounted for when he plans the builds.

What color you going for? Some of the ones pictured in this thread are pretty spectacular! I went for the black to stay consistent with everything else in my rack but man, that red.....

Edit. Doh, Justin beat me to the post. At least it's accurate....

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,310 of 6,326
A few questions for those who have already received your amp from Justin -- how do the payments work?  I ordered a GS-X Mk2 about a month ago and put down the 1/4 deposit.  What happens from this point on -- is the remaining  balance paid all at once shortly before delivery or at spaced intervals?   How do you select the color of the amp -- there was no provision for this on the order form on their webpage.   

Justin sends out payment request for the balance of the payment about a month before shipping to give people time to pay and see who bows out. As for the color, he asks when it needs to know during the process. I think you are welcome to send it to him anytime. I would wait until he is less busy as with all the amps going out right now, I would guess he is swamped and could potentially miss the message.

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #3,311 of 6,326
my GSX arrived last week. I have the DACT version. All I have to say is WOW!! I kind of feel that the folks who pulled out b/c the wait was "too long" are really missing out. too bad for them. 

JUSTIN is THE MAN!!!! Thank you. I LOVE this amp. 

The resolution is amazing. Its my taking over as my mixing amp. I would not call it analytical (which is how I listen -- resolution over euphony), but I can hear it all!!  It so pleasant to listen to as well though (i.e. it is euphonic -- for lack of a better word). In short, its all there! 

Another comment for those weary of waiting. Once you get this amp, you are done. if you skip out on the next batch, i guarantee after you hear it you are gonna want it. Might as well get the ball rolling now, rather than later -- that is if you don't like waiting.
wink_face.gif

Oh and BTW, I only auditioned this amp at meets (not great critical listening environment) and I knew then it was a special amp. Now that its in my system and I can listen to it in a better environment, I can appreciate it so much more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back