The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 19, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #3,331 of 6,325
Hi, I'll be doing a full review once I receive Schiit's Ragnarok. Also I need to let the GS-X have some time to break in.

When will you get the Ragnarok?  Exciting time indeed!

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #3,332 of 6,325
When it's available to order. A few weeks probably.

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #3,333 of 6,325
Hi, I'll be doing a full review once I receive Schiit's Ragnarok. Also I need to let the GS-X have some time to break in.

Very cool man, thank you!

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3,336 of 6,325
The Yggdrasil is what intrigues me: a discrete multi-bit DAC that looks to be a lot less expensive than the QB-9 that I have been considering. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my cash flow), it is a lot further away than the Ragnarok amp. How to feed the GS-X mk2 (single-ended) while I wait  is my big question... I have lots of pretty good but imperfect options.

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #3,337 of 6,325
  The Yggdrasil is what intrigues me: a discrete multi-bit DAC that looks to be a lot less expensive than the QB-9 that I have been considering. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my cash flow), it is a lot further away than the Ragnarok amp. How to feed the GS-X mk2 (single-ended) while I wait  is my big question... I have lots of pretty good but imperfect options.

I am waiting for that as well.

Just picked up the Questyle CAS192D DAC to try out.  Has the same Wolfson WM8741 chip as the PWD2 and a few other design features that make it seem a bit more than a "me too" product.  We will see.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #3,340 of 6,325
  That amp is great out the box..

Yep - I tried listening to them when they were still IN the box, and was somewhat disappointed by the papery sound and difficulty in hooking up connections ...
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #3,341 of 6,325
When it's available to order. A few weeks probably.

Um - guys ... you may not be keeping up with the Ragnorok thread, however Jason's father recently passed away.  This will at LEAST delay the Rag for a while, but Jason's last post was (quite understandably) a bit uncertain - expressing the view that it might never be released ... as he said it has taken thousands of his hours away from him - and I'd suggest he's still not quite happy with it or he could just allow Mike to take over and start making them.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #3,342 of 6,325
Still waiting on my delivery... Stupid Canadian customs been holding it since Tuesday night. Any other Canadian/international buyers got yours?

Still waiting for my 115V with DACT. Is there any 115V buyer that did not get shipping notification?

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3,343 of 6,325

Um - guys ... you may not be keeping up with the Ragnorok thread, however Jason's father recently passed away.  This will at LEAST delay the Rag for a while, but Jason's last post was (quite understandably) a bit uncertain - expressing the view that it might never be released ... as he said it has taken thousands of his hours away from him - and I'd suggest he's still not quite happy with it or he could just allow Mike to take over and start making them.

Yes, was aware of that.

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,345 of 6,325

Aware of that. Also aware that Jason is grief stricken and probably not thinking too clearly currently. I don't mean to sound callous or insensitive, but I assume things will continue to move on the Rag and Yggy and Jason can contribute as he is able. At the point his father died we were expecting orders to open any day, this is why I pushed it to a few weeks away. I'm in no rush. I waited 16 months for a GS-X and have waited 2+ years for Rag/Yggy. I can handle more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back