The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,630 of 6,326
  I did and enjoy the amp. My review will be up 4/11 and thank you. I enjoyed doing this review for Headamp. Terrific product.

Excellent review! I love the opening byline question (worth the wait?), and resounding answer in the affirmative.

Quick question: you mention the need to carefully select source and cables, which numerous other listeners on this thread have also affirmed. What source and cables did you use of the review? You don't mention what your setup was beyond comparison amps.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #2,631 of 6,326

Excellent review! I love the opening byline question (worth the wait?), and resounding answer in the affirmative.

Quick question: you mention the need to carefully select source and cables, which numerous other listeners on this thread have also affirmed. What source and cables did you use of the review? You don't mention what your setup was beyond comparison amps.

Thats for the link. I used the Oppo BDP 105 for my primary source using both CD and Imac loss-less files withy Amarra Symphony.  All my interconnect cables and  power cords wer enordost Blue Heaven.  Headphone balanced cables used were Moon Audio Silver and BlackDragon and Steve Eddy fantastic Q cables.     http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/04/11/headamp-gsx-mk2/

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2,637 of 6,326
Every time when I read reviews, I want to buy one, them something new come out and I have to wait.
Everyone says it is not sufficient for HE6, which is another main reason I am still considering.

Is it really not sufficient?
I find my HDVD800 and RPX-35 can drive it well already. Really do not think both amp has more power.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,638 of 6,326

Thats for the link. I used the Oppo BDP 105 for my primary source using both CD and Imac loss-less files withy Amarra Symphony.  All my interconnect cables and  power cords wer enordost Blue Heaven.  Headphone balanced cables used were Moon Audio Silver and BlackDragon and Steve Eddy fantastic Q cables.     http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/04/11/headamp-gsx-mk2/

Aw man, your awesome review makes the wait that much more agonizing!

Well worth it I'm sure and now I'm super excited.

How's it going, Justin? :wink:

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2,640 of 6,326
  Every time when I read reviews, I want to buy one, them something new come out and I have to wait.
Everyone says it is not sufficient for HE6, which is another main reason I am still considering.

Is it really not sufficient?
I find my HDVD800 and RPX-35 can drive it well already. Really do not think both amp has more power.

I reviewed the HDVD 800 and it could not drive the hE6 properly either. They both get levels of volume but the dynamic recordings with large scale symphony and wide dynamic range will not work well in my opinion with either the MK2 or the HDVD800.  If you only listen to smaller scale music and mostly acoustic it will play them with some volume just not the best choice for the HE6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back