The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Sep 11, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #4,637 of 6,346

Thanks RUMAY408, I understand and appreciate what you're saying.  I do run the GS-X MK2, XLR balanced & listen balanced also w/ the HD800.  It's w/ my vintage Fisher 500c that I go SE w/ the HD800 & RCA connections.

Here was my problem earlier

OPPO BDP-105 XLR Balanced out but RCA leads in to the GSX-mk2

OPPO BDP-105 XLR Balanced out Balanced leads in to the GSX-mk2

that was the issue for me so 6X's gain which was a huge improvement

PS Audio NuWave XLR Balanced out Balanced leads in to the GSX-mk2

Next week will be : 
Bryston bda-1 XLR Balanced out Balanced leads in to the GSX-mk2

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #4,638 of 6,346
  Hello,
I currently own the GS-1 with Dynalo + upgrade and DACT. I'm considering an mk2 possibly in the near future. 
smile.gif

Had to post here in order to receive notifications in my profile so...
beerchug.gif

I don't know how near your future is pertaining to getting a GS-X mk2 & you might know this already but just in case you don't there is one for sale in the Amps for Sale Forum.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #4,640 of 6,346
  I don't know how near your future is pertaining to getting a GS-X mk2 & you might know this already but just in case you don't there is one for sale in the Amps for Sale Forum.

Hello Old Groucho and thank you!
If you recall, I purchased my first GS-1 from you a while back…then sold it to purchase another one with a DACT. At one time you were interested in buying yours back from the seller I had sold it to so I could purchase a GS-1 with the DACT. I now know why you never purchased the GS-1. 
smile.gif

Yes, I do know there is an mk2 on the F/S forums, but right now I'm waiting to borrow the AuralicTaurus mk2/HE-1000/HD-800 (balanced) from The Cable Company in mid-October so I can hear if I like their sound-signatures or not. Unfortunately they don't have a loaner program with Headamp…but if I do like what I hear from either HP I am going to purchase the GS-X-mk2 due to reading nothing but great impression about this amp with both of these HP's and already owning the GS-1.

BTW, I have had the HD-800 in my possession twice, but never heard it balanced which is why I'm going to try it again even though I'll be using the Taurus I'll get a taste of what they sound like balanced.
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #4,641 of 6,346

Hello Old Groucho and thank you!
If you recall, I purchased my first GS-1 from you a while back…then sold it to purchase another one with a DACT. At one time you were interested in buying yours back from the seller I had sold it to so I could purchase a GS-1 with the DACT. I now know why you never purchased the GS-1. 
smile.gif

Yes, I do know there is an mk2 on the F/S forums, but right now I'm waiting to borrow the AuralicTaurus mk2/HE-1000/HD-800 (balanced) from The Cable Company in mid-October so I can hear if I like their sound-signatures or not. Unfortunately they don't have a loaner program with Headamp…but if I do like what I hear from either HP I am going to purchase the GS-X-mk2 due to reading nothing but great impression about this amp with both of these HP's and already owning the GS-1.

BTW, I have had the HD-800 in my possession twice, but never heard it balanced which is why I'm going to try it again even though I'll be using the Taurus I'll get a taste of what they sound like balanced.
beerchug.gif

Hey Joseph !  Sorry I didn't recognize it was you 
smile.gif
  From "my" experience the HD800 truly shines with well recorded/produced music,  a good DAC but also & mostly a very good amp.  They sound great balanced w/ the GS-X mk2 but in my case they also sound great SE w/ my vintage Fisher 500c.  It's a truly great HP.  

Wow, he AuralicTaurus mk2/HE-1000/HD-800 (balanced) = should be quite a musical experience and an interesting head to head between the HE-1000 ($2,500) & HD800 ($1,500.)  I've never heard the HE-K and don't know if I ever will.  The Taurus will drive both HPs very well.  It's a great amp, it's main attribute being it's deep & wide soundstage.  Some prefer it to the GS-X MK2.  I'm looking forward to reading your impressions and comparisons of the HPs if you post some.  

I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience Joseph.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #4,642 of 6,346

smile.gif
  From "my" experience the HD800 truly shines with well recorded/produced music,  a good DAC but also & mostly a very good amp.  They sound great balanced w/ the GS-X mk2 but in my case they also sound great SE w/ my vintage Fisher 500c.  It's a truly great HP.  

Wow, he AuralicTaurus mk2/HE-1000/HD-800 (balanced) = should be quite a musical experience and an interesting head to head between the HE-1000 ($2,500) & HD800 ($1,500.)  I've never heard the HE-K and don't know if I ever will.  The Taurus will drive both HPs very well.  It's a great amp, it's main attribute being it's deep & wide soundstage.  Some prefer it to the GS-X MK2.  I'm looking forward to reading your impressions and comparisons of the HPs if you post some.  

beerchug.gif

Thanks for you input.
I'll be sure to post my impressions…can't wait to hear the experience myself!
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #4,643 of 6,346
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Wow Good stuff, thanks!

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #4,650 of 6,346
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a fully balanced DAC to pair with the GS-Xmk2 +/- $1000.00.
I would like a simple DAC without a volume control…I'm considering the Schiit Gungnir USB- 2 although I use an optical cable.
Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back