The hate on beats, why?
May 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #1,111 of 1,217
Quite creepy, since it looks so true..
But why 300 extra bucks for some kind of cushion, am I missing something here?

The pillow is a kind of headphone stand, somewhere to keep these cans and the "pillow" is made from cast marble.

Well that's what reading the product description reads from the site these items were linked from...

imagejpg1-32.jpg

May 29, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,112 of 1,217
The pillow is a kind of headphone stand, somewhere to keep these cans and the "pillow" is made from cast marble.

Well that's what reading the product description reads from the site these items were linked from...

imagejpg1-32.jpg

I didn't get the 'cast marble' part, is it some kind of expensive cloth used for the pillow?

May 29, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,115 of 1,217
Isn't marble like some kind of rock?
I'm clearly missing something here.

Yeah, it's a piece of rock solid marble sculpted into the shape of a pillow - which is where you keep accompanied beats cans - like a headphone stand - only a marble pillow - very artsy - very wow - don't use yourself as pillow as marble is rock hard - good for cans though.....

May 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,117 of 1,217
Quite creepy, since it looks so true..
But why 300 extra bucks for some kind of cushion, am I missing something here?

The page says it's made of marble, so it sure as hell ain't soft. I pity the gullible person who tried to sleep on it...
Also, it's supposed to work like some sort of display case, probably worth putting in a museum or something like that.

May 30, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #1,118 of 1,217
The page says it's made of marble, so it sure as hell ain't soft. I pity the gullible person who tried to sleep on it...
Also, it's supposed to work like some sort of display case, probably worth putting in a museum or something like that.

Yeah, exactly - it's a bit avant-garde though - good item as topic of discussion if having a dinner party I guess :D

May 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #1,120 of 1,217
If you're talking about the Solo 2, probably not.  Amazon's an official retailer of Beats, and they're up for pre-order directly through them.  They literally look like a mini-Studio.  I honestly wouldn't even complain if they sound like the new Studios.

Same here. I really liked the sound of the Studios, and the NC was really damn good, I have to say (despite the hissing; I'm not that experienced in that department). If they do sound like mini-Studio 2.0s, I'm probably gonna want to get them as a portable can (the Mixrs are still enticing though).

Oh yeah, speaking of the Solos, I managed to have a comparison between the monochromatic Solos and the old Solos (all of them are the HDs, of course). Safe to say, the old Solos sounded like garbage. The monochromatic ones actually sounded decent when I blind-tested them (by that I mean blind to the price), but the Mixrs still sound better and feel a lot more durable.

May 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,121 of 1,217
Same here. I really liked the sound of the Studios, and the NC was really damn good, I have to say (despite the hissing; I'm not that experienced in that department). If they do sound like mini-Studio 2.0s, I'm probably gonna want to get them as a portable can (the Mixrs are still enticing though).

Oh yeah, speaking of the Solos, I managed to have a comparison between the monochromatic Solos and the old Solos (all of them are the HDs, of course). Safe to say, the old Solos sounded like garbage. The monochromatic ones actually sounded decent when I blind-tested them (by that I mean blind to the price), but the Mixrs still sound better and feel a lot more durable.

I love the Mixrs, even if they are too bright for me.  From a little Googling and the video CB posted, I've heard that they do sound pretty much like the new Studios, a sound I actually do like but found the bass to be lacking....of course it's always best to try the headphones that are NOT store models because people beat (lol, pun) those straight to hell.

Congratulations, the new Beats lineup, while probably still overpriced, actually have much MUCH better sound quality than those produced by Monster.  So, Beats Solo 2 or V-Moda M100?

May 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #1,122 of 1,217
I love the Mixrs, even if they are too bright for me.  From a little Googling and the video CB posted, I've heard that they do sound pretty much like the new Studios, a sound I actually do like but found the bass to be lacking....of course it's always best to try the headphones that are NOT store models because people beat (lol, pun) those straight to hell.

Congratulations, the new Beats lineup, while probably still overpriced, actually have much MUCH better sound quality than those produced by Monster.  So, Beats Solo 2 or V-Moda M100?

Hmm, I think the XS would be a better match against the Solo 2 because they're both on-ears.

May 30, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #1,124 of 1,217

If you're talking about the Solo 2, probably not.  Amazon's an official retailer of Beats, and they're up for pre-order directly through them.  They literally look like a mini-Studio.  I honestly wouldn't even complain if they sound like the new Studios.

They're gonna sound even better, because it has no ANC circuit interfering with the sound!

May 30, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #1,125 of 1,217
Isn't marble like some kind of rock?
I'm clearly missing something here.

Clearly you don't understand the value-add!

As a public service to the Head-Fi community and in support of the new merger, here is a companion product that will complete your iPhone / Studio ensemble...

http://shop.SNARKitecture.com/collections/objects/products/pillow
SNARKITECTURE-PILLOW-05.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back