The hate on beats, why?
May 11, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #424 of 1,217
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FMcyEz13t1Q[/VIDEO]​

I like beats, I don't mind turtles, but the new Studio 2.0's inc. the wireless type are excellent IMO.

And the mixr beats are one darn good DJ can for sure :)

DSCF3926.jpg

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/WdJoSwzX74E[/VIDEO]​

May 11, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #425 of 1,217
  They're aimed at consumers who've generally only heard stock buds or skullcandys.

The Beats are disliked here because they have a poor price to performance ratio. They're hated because it's cool to do so.

Very well said. Modern day culture and consumerism at their finest ( read "worst" ). I bet a lot of people do buy those headphones and enjoy them a lot though, well, simply because they haven't heard any better. They just don't know. Marketing works wonders, and it always will, unless you do your fair share of due diligence and thorough research before you commit to buy a certain product.

Plus, it's "COOL" to have Beats. LOL. And being "COOL" is an important factor amongst today's youth.

May 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #426 of 1,217
Very well said. Modern day culture and consumerism at their finest ( read "worst" ). I bet a lot of people do buy those headphones and enjoy them a lot though, well, simply because they haven't heard any better. They just don't know. Marketing works wonders, and it always will, unless you do your fair share of due diligence and thorough research before you commit to buy a certain product.

Plus, it's "COOL" to have Beats. LOL. And being "COOL" is an important factor amongst today's youth.

Not all, not everyone and not me - I enjoy beats for what they are and don't buy into the snobbery bandwagon beats hating that is vomited by a lot of people whom many of the time haven't even heard any beats cans, never mind the current models, and just parrot repeat a tired old format which equates one thing more often than not - hate based ignorance, present company accepted of course :wink:

I enjoy my beats as I enjoy my AUDEZE and other cans I own to my collection.

If there is one thing I do hate about beats, it's the haters that continually plough their anger into the brand.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- Yoda

:D :) PEACE

bts_by_cb3723-d6lo200.gif

ps I like certain models by Skullcandy - and so does Jude :rolleyes: :cool:

May 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #428 of 1,217
Beats, the Justin Biaber of headphone business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justin who?

lol :p

Anyhow, Apple just offered Dre $3.2 billion USD for beats - now that's serious headphone business for sure :cool:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2014/05/09/apples-3-2b-beats-buy-would-make-dre-raps-richest-man/

May 12, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #430 of 1,217

I'm part of that youth but screw beats!
My m35 ftw!

May 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #431 of 1,217
I'm part of that youth but screw beats!
My m35 ftw!

Yes. I went into a shop with a 12 year old son of a friend. about 80 headphones on display. He went straight to the beats and said he wants these. So I asked him one by one what he is looking for in headphones, sound quality, amount of bass, on ear, over ear, in ear, open/closed, etc. which kinds of music/genres he is listening to and so on => he had no clue and no opinion on anything. But it was the headphone the "cool" guys had. Simple peer pressure. Since most people I see with beats have their headphones in various strange positions around their neck or head but not on their ears, I guess it doesn't matter what the sound quality is, it's fashion.
(for most young people).

On the opposite a former female colleague of mine bought beats solo because "they are the best headphones you can buy, no?" 
Marketing works.

May 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #432 of 1,217
I think they want Beatsmusic.com to compete with Shopify, Rdio, ...

Naturally, but they also want beats cans to stream future headphone designs that enable direct streaming similar to http://www.streamzmedia.com

And what better way to have huge market share, than to buy the biggest headcan with the biggest slice if the action? (Beats have 60% domestic US market).

:cool:

May 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #433 of 1,217
Yes. I went into a shop with a 12 year old son of a friend. about 80 headphones on display. He went straight to the beats and said he wants these. So I asked him one by one what he is looking for in headphones, sound quality, amount of bass, on ear, over ear, in ear, open/closed, etc. which kinds of music/genres he is listening to and so on => he had no clue and no opinion on anything. But it was the headphone the "cool" guys had. Simple peer pressure. Since most people I see with beats have their headphones in various strange positions around their neck or head but not on their ears, I guess it doesn't matter what the sound quality is, it's fashion.
(for most young people).

On the opposite a former female colleague of mine bought beats solo because "they are the best headphones you can buy, no?" 
Marketing works.

Sounds like your friends 12 year old son is a very normal 12 year old kid - he wants what all his buddies have got - beats - no offence but that isn't rocket science, and as a beats buyer, user and appreciator, I don't conform to your proposed "norm" beats customer in any way.

I mean you no disrespect or wish to appear insulting to you in any manner, but you appear to have it in for beats come hell or high water and seem to ignore people whom go against your grain of thought.

HATERS ALWAYS GONNA HATE - PEACE

May 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #434 of 1,217
@cb3723 LOL

I don't think that beats are the end of the world. I have a pair myself, you are barking up the wrong tree. The later models are pretty good. Personally I wouldn't buy them as I think they are still a bit overpriced. But I don't judge people for buying beats. Just showed two different "impressions" that people might have, one wanted a fashion statement the other thought they are the best they could possibly buy. I wasn't talking about the quality, sound quality etc. just perception.

I am happy that marketing works, I work in a marketing services company. :)

May 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #435 of 1,217
I hate them because they market them as if they're studio monitors even though they're one of the most coloured headphones I've ever heard. Also they have poor build quality and are made in China for $16 (heard that in a recent article, don't remember which model or the source... I think it was Studios). I don't mind Monster's other headphones because they're putting an effort to improve on design and sound, Beats are a blatant effort to get people to fall for marketing schemes. You don't think there are a billion other "bass heavy headphones?" Why don't I see people walking around with M50s, XB500s, or V-Modas? It's all in the rapper endorsed marketing and availability at all major retailers.

Also, does there really need to be so many threads about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back