The hate on beats, why?
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #346 of 1,217
  I think the HD800s should sell for exactly the same price as Beats. That would be interesting. "Hmm, should I get the 'Best headphone in the world' according to Beats, or the best headphone in the world according to some reviews and the audiophile community?"

That would be very interesting.

Last time I checked, the only people claiming Beats are the best in the world are ignorant high schoolers, not the company itself actually... 

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #347 of 1,217
Monster did claim it once, many many years ago. I can't find the page that says it.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #350 of 1,217

This. I almost get myself other TOTL cans due to the looks of the HD800. Was that clBrose on pulling the trigger on K812 instead, all simply because of 'looks'.

My dude forget looks lol. At the end of the day no one is really going to be walking around with clam shells around their ears AKA a huge pair of cans, you just look silly. Even looking at myself in the mirror with ATH-M50's I couldn't imagine myself walking around with them lol. That's what IEM's are for.

I would say I spend over 4 hours a day listening to music, even more on a good day and I still have the ability to refrain myself from listening in public. Unless it's school, that's another story lmao.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #352 of 1,217
  Hmm...I could almost swear I read that somewhere too.

Yes, they used a line in an article (something like "The best headphone in the world" and put it on the Beats webpage), but out of context and without the author's permission, so it was demanded to be taken down.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #353 of 1,217
  I think the HD800s should sell for exactly the same price as Beats. That would be interesting. "Hmm, should I get the 'Best headphone in the world' according to Beats, or the best headphone in the world according to some reviews and the audiophile community?"

That would be very interesting.

Some audiophiles hate the HD800. There is no consensus on the "best headphone in the world". It's a personal choice. People would still pick the Beats over the HD800 purely from a sonic perspective, especially those who, for example, prefer more bass presence.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #354 of 1,217

Some audiophiles hate the HD800. There is no consensus on the "best headphone in the world". It's a personal choice. People would still pick the Beats over the HD800 purely from a sonic perspective, especially those who, for example, prefer more bass presence.

From a Gizmodo article quoting some guy called Mark Richardson from Pitchfork's Resonant Frequency column:

But to drive his point home about someone who disliked a pair of Sennheisers for their lack of bass, he drops this particularly well-put paragraph.

"Beats by Dr. Dre are popular because they don't reproduce music as much as they transform it. They are the right headphones for the current era, because their design "customizes" the sound for the listener who wants bass. Music is never finished; we can chop and screw, add bass, slow it down 100x, mash it up with something else. And people will buy headphones that finish the music in the way they like."

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #355 of 1,217
  From a Gizmodo article quoting some guy called Mark Richardson from Pitchfork's Resonant Frequency column:

But to drive his point home about someone who disliked a pair of Sennheisers for their lack of bass, he drops this particularly well-put paragraph.

"Beats by Dr. Dre are popular because they don't reproduce music as much as they transform it. They are the right headphones for the current era, because their design "customizes" the sound for the listener who wants bass. Music is never finished; we can chop and screw, add bass, slow it down 100x, mash it up with something else. And people will buy headphones that finish the music in the way they like."

Our era is one of bass.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #356 of 1,217
I was reading about Monster headphones recently and it said Monster was the tech company behind Beats until their recent split with Dre. So there ya go, people been hating on Monster and their über expensive cables forever so it's only natural. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #357 of 1,217

Good call man, I like his comment, lol.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #358 of 1,217
I was reading about Monster headphones recently and it said Monster was the tech company behind Beats until their recent split with Dre. So there ya go, people been hating on Monster and their über expensive cables forever so it's only natural. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I think most of the world already knew about that, and I guess it's been them all along, but even then, Beats said that "everything was theirs," according to a Gizmodo article on "How Beats (or was it Monster?) Lost the World."

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #359 of 1,217
  Well, I think most of the world already knew about that, and I guess it's been them all along, but even then, Beats said that "everything was theirs," according to a Gizmodo article on "How Beats (or was it Monster?) Lost the World."

I must be part of the world that saw Dr. Dre came out with headphones and passed. Especially after noticing my HP Laptop has Beats audio and it blows. And not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back