Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I've always liked School of Rock...

School of Rock!
School of Rock!
School of Rock!

icon10.gif

May 18, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #47 of 71
'Rock N' Roll High School'. No love for the Ramones around here? Well it's not the best movie, but c'mon the school blows up at the end.

edit - 100th post!
orphsmile.gif

May 18, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #48 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
'Rock N' Roll High School'. No love for the Ramones around here? Well it's not the best movie, but c'mon the school blows up at the end.

edit - 100th post!
orphsmile.gif

i gave it some love. it's a classic... just as unhinged as a Ramones album.

May 18, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #49 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Some other choices:

"I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

I completely forgot about that one! That was fairly hysterical, great young cast. It's the first movie that I saw that skinny Jerry Lewis clone in (Forget his name) he's funny as hell, as well as that chubby girl.
k1000smile.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #50 of 71
Bumpage for an old thread..............

I just recently acquired a DVD copy of the aforementioned Urgh! A Music War, and if you like 80's music and/or alternative music, it's a must have. It can be found on the web on DVD, but some may balk at its legal status. So I won't post any links to where I got it from, you can figure it out yourself.

It's a compilation of live music clips from bands you remember and some you might not, and it has non-mega hits, so you can hear favorites in a different context. The contribution from Devo must be seen to be believed. Astounding.

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #51 of 71
Led Zeppelin - The video may be grainy but the music isn't, they did a fantastic job on the music.

How could I forget a Canadian classic Hard Core Logo.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh! and how could i forget...

Repo Man
IMHO the best movie soundtrack ever. introduced me to American punk.

I love that soundtrack! "No one ever called Pablo Picasso an a***hole!"
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen Neil Young's recent movie? If so, what did you think?

*Very* good performance movie. I also liked J. Demme's Stop Making Sense (Talking Heads).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is Spinal Tap. THE masterpiece of rock cinema.

Yep. I own the "Black Album" and two deluxe DVD versions. My enthusiasm goes to 11.

In the spring of 2001, right before the dot-com bust, I saw Spinal-Tap live at a private show sponsored by some java application application server company (don't recall the name). (This was for those attending the Javaone developer conference in San Francisco.) Yes, live. The three main guys: Christopher Guest, Michael McKean , and Harry Shearer played their alter egos on stage: Nigel Tufnel, David St. Hubbins, and Derrek Smalls, respectively. It took about twenty minutes to convince myself that it wasn't a tribute band. Seriously. I curse myself for not having a camera with me that night.
frown.gif

Oh, another free private concert for the 2001 Javaone alumni attendees were the B-52's. Yep. I want to bear Kate's children. What pipes!
smily_headphones1.gif

But I digress as this is about movies...

Quote:

Originally Posted by srapps55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost Famous
Tommy

Tommy. Came out when I was in high school. Okay movie--the drugs made it much better.

However Sg. Pepper's LHB was/is fail. (Fraking BeGees...grrrrrrrrrrrr)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit - 100th post!
orphsmile.gif

P.J. Soles. Enough said.
(and gratz
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumpage for an old thread..............

I just recently acquired a DVD copy of the aforementioned Urgh! A Music War, and if you like 80's music and/or alternative music, it's a must have. It can be found on the web on DVD, but some may balk at its legal status. So I won't post any links to where I got it from, you can figure it out yourself.

For a second I thought it was finally officially released.
blink.gif
Sigh, sob...

That movie introduced me to Pere Ubu, Klaus Nomi, XTC (an incredible performance of "Respectable Street." very hard to believe that Andy Partridge has performance phobia). Joan Jett performing "Bad Reputation." I want to bear her children.

Why, oh why, won't someone exploit someone and get it released!?

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #54 of 71
This Is Spinal Tap
Quadrophenia
Gimme Shelter
Amost Famous
STILL CRAZY Bill Nighy was brilliant, they all were, but his voice. . . wow

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #57 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Radio Nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM'!

(just kidding)

That would be *so cool*!

KISS travels to Africa to perform a charity concert.

Phantom, in disguise, takes his twins (kit and, err, kaboodle) to the show. They all wear their ear protection.

Meanwhile, a group of evildoers kidnap a village's young children and take them to the show as cover in an elaborate plot to steal the concert proceeds.

Oh boy, how will *this* turn out!

It could be better than Kiss Saves Christmas! (Family Guy)

[size=xx-small]This post is fail.
very_evil_smiley.gif
[/size]

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #58 of 71
I remember Urgh, A Music War. Documentary-wise, i also like DOA- Decline and Fall of Western Civilization. It was a very fun punk documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back