The Greatest Rock Movie (s)
Oct 7, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #61 of 71
Another vote for Yellow Submarine and Spinal Tap!

Also, I was somewhat fond of Tommy, the film version of the rock opera by The Who. Elton John's Pinball Wizard in this was incredibly enjoyable.

I also love Walk the Line and Across the Universe.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some other choices:

"Breaking Glass", "24 Hour Party People", and just for fun, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

Breaking Glass is a classic I bought the Album a couple of weeks back. Hazel O'Conner is Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 28, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #63 of 71
The Song Remains the Same.

Not the best production certainly, but still an excellent performance by the Greatest Rock Band in the History of the World.

Oct 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #64 of 71
Almost Famous made me glad I had to go summer school for english one year.
The Wall was really my introduction to Pink Floyd.
Sid and Nancy is incredibly depressing, but the acting and directing is amazing.

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #65 of 71
Maybe not quite what the op is looking for, but Electric Dragon 80.000V is a favorite of mine from films that feature music in a... prominent way
icon10.gif
Youtube probably has some clips of it...

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #66 of 71
i once saw a documentary heavily featuring on the real life clashes and encounters between motley crue and metallica in their early days, that was an excellent docu. but dont know what it was, would like to see it again.

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #70 of 71
Almost Famous... I walked out of that one partway through, but it was to, ahem, go somewhere with a girl, so you can understand.

I can't believe no one's mentioned Hedwig and the Angry Inch (!).

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #71 of 71
I haven't seen anybody mention "Detroit Rock City" yet. I would also like to add another vote for "This is Spinal Tap". Here's a quote from my favorite part of the movie:

Quote:

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back