The great headphone massacre (Help!)
Mar 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 19
Yeah, my "getting a DAC will fix this" was before I ran a google shopping search for said product to check the price.

Anyway, I plug into a sound card.

Also, Would a USB audio interface fix this, as it would safely bypass the whole system on both of them?

Edit: @brian Yeah, Im thinking thats the best solution at this point too. I was just hoping that I could avoid having more one-eared headphones laying around I feel too guilty to throw away. xD

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 19
My suggestion would be to use a short headphone extension cable, left *permanently* plugged into your TV headphone socket (or PC headphone socket if you think it more likely to be the culprit).

Then you will avoid any pressure on the headphone socket itself, and therefore eliminate any shorting/loose connection issues.

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 19
If all the connections have been made correctly maybe an in between station to plug the headphone in is a solution. Although I never had the problem you had I'm convinced even a simple amplifier or pre-amplifier could work just to harness whatever your devices are doing with you headphone, an in between station.

If you do want to experiment with a solution, don't sacrifice your favourite or expensive headphones. Good luck...

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #19 of 19
I think you should get a music server, a DAC, and a primo headphone amplifier, and see if you have the same problem. If not, enjoy your new system!
smile.gif

All kidding aside, I hope you solve this mystery, but I am just as baffled as you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back