The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 4, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #2,521 of 2,859
Another thought, is John Grado signing the boxes of these hf-2s as he did with the hf-1s? If so, why didn't he give them another look?....should've at least seen the flaws through the pizza box window(cellophane), correct?

hmmmm????

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #2,523 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone actually notified JG or Todd of this "F1" crap? It would be utterly ridiculous if they propagate that error down the line for the remaining 500 or so (assuming that 300 people didn't just cancel based on the above pictures).

Now the buyer's remorse sets in.

Allenf, send those back if you can, 'else the quality is going to decline even more for the rest of us.

I totally agree, this F1 engraving issue is a big Red flag as far as quality is concerned. Do they not do a Final Inspection on their product ? I'm pretty sure the lettering is done on a NC machine and it's a quick fix to re-program the correct parameters. But, I'm not liking what I see either on the first lot shipped.

frown.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,524 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty soon when someone asks us if this is a fake Grado, we'll say that if there's not glue leaking out, then it must be a fake.

icon10.gif
good one.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #2,525 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pair no. 60 showed up yesterday and they've managed to displace the HD-800 for at least a little bit.

I'm not crazy about the F1 mistake, but can live with it. Fit'n'finish are pretty good otherwise. I wouldn't freak out over a small rub mark or glue squeeze-out, anyway.

Uncle erik, with all due respect, these are special edition "head-fi" phones, correct...if Grado is selling to headphone aficionados he dam well ought to expect that they, above all others, are somewhat particular, correct? Why so relaxed, then? I dunno, maybe the folks at head-fi are a bit easy going and Grado believes in Grado fanboyism?

Head-fi perplexes me sometimes. You've got people lambasting Sennheiser on the HD800 Plastic and then the same folks shrug off the horrible substandards such as this? Maybe a little biased and relaxed here?

I just dunno...

....maybe 430.00 isn't as much as it used to be???

confused_face_2.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #2,526 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another thought, is John Grado signing the boxes of these hf-2s as he did with the hf-1s? If so, why didn't he give them another look?....should've at least seen the flaws through the pizza box window(cellophane), correct?

hmmmm????

Yes, John is signing the boxes.
Also the # is drawn on the wooden driver mount and scratched onto the Alu cup, which offered another missed opportunity to pick up on the etching defect.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #2,527 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, John is signing the boxes.
Also the # is drawn on the wooden driver mount and scratched onto the Alu cup, which offered another missed opportunity to pick up on the etching defect.

LOL...thanks for the info allenf....this killed me...so John, the inventor, is signing them and doesn't even bother to looky in on 'em?

Wow!

confused_face_2.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #2,529 of 2,859
Quote:

Uncle erik, with all due respect, these are special edition "head-fi" phones, correct...if Grado is selling to headphone aficionados he dam well ought to expect that they, above all others, are somewhat particular, correct? Why so relaxed, then? I dunno, maybe the folks at head-fi are a bit easy going and Grado believes in Grado fanboyism?

You've gotta admit that the F1 error IS amusing. I actually hope that mine would have that error, it just is so damn funny idea. In any case, it is the sound we are paying that 430$ for, not engravings and such crap. And I'm sure this gets fixed quite fast and in the end only few will have that error, making them even rarer limited editions. However, If there would be errors that affect the sound in ANY of them, I would start to worry about QC. Thats just me though.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #2,530 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've gotta admit that the F1 error IS amusing. I actually hope that mine would have that error, it just is so damn funny idea. In any case, it is the sound we are paying that 430$ for, not engravings and such crap.

Is it now?

Or

Isn't it?

If you're buying a car, you don't care if it has scratches and the bumpers are fallin' off...all you care about is that it runs??

LMAO

PS...The FI/F1 thing...no deal breaker but the other stuff....c'mon now brutha!!! Wake up....The friggin' red coats are comin'....if not on Independence day, then when?

Smell the coffee already you bunch of friggin' zombies!

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #2,531 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it now?

Or

Isn't it?

If you're buying a car, you don't care if it has scratches and the bumpers are fallin' off...all you care about is that it runs??

LMAO

Bad analogy, as headphones and cars are quite different subjects, where bad scratches (and not to mention mechanical faults) affect resale value, and just look plain horrible. This is a limited edition headphone that just happens to have a small typo, far from falling bumpers and such. Better comparison would be rare special stamp serie where some got accidentally printed mirrored.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #2,533 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad analogy, as headphones and cars are quite different subjects. This is a limited edition headphone that just happens to have a typo. Better comparison would be rare stamps that are accidentally printed mirrored, no?

You're a brilliant one, aren't you now...yes a car and headphone are different but both take you to fantastic places, correct?....bother, now...what a bunch of rubbish. Cars, stamps, coins, you name it.

You're petrified if you can say this rubbish.

confused_face.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #2,534 of 2,859
My point was that scratches, falling bumpers and mechanical faults in cars are usually something that appear as time passes, not to mention sights of bad mistreating.
The typo in some of the HF2 is just a whoopsie right from the factory that just doesnt affect their functionality and might even add to their "limited edition value", like mirrored limited edition stamps which are also a slight mistakes in the factory and look how costly they are nowadays! People are leeching from HF1s like mad nowadays, I can only guess how much people try to leech from these little typoed gems after a year or two has passed.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back