The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 10, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #1,471 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, one of the reasons why I'm holding back from this purchase as well is because of the lettering issue. Call it OCD, call it crazy, but at least when the silver lettering rubs off on the SR series, you can always re-apply them with a silver Sharpie.
tongue.gif

The 325 series had a serious finish issue also with a "water-spotted" looking finish, caused, according to Alessandro as contaminants in the anodizing solution because it wasn't changed enough. I know some folks running through three or four of these and returning them. They had Headroom start opening boxes trying to find one finished correctly. That didn't help by the way. Called JG and he basically said, Ohhh Well, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

If you don't mention it, why would the factory correct it? They KNOW ABOUT IT, that's the sad part. I really like Grado SOUND. But their QC absolutely SUX!! In a Big way. For some real fun you can read about the 4 sets of drivers I went thru on my GS1000s. I now have a good set that sounds Great. But this was after 4 trips to Grado over 4 Months. I'm still waiting for those Frequent Flyer miles for my Canz. I'm going to redeem them for a trip to Cannes!

People!! Don't rationalize Mediocrity, Complain! Return,, BITCH!!

It will Make GRADO Better!!

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #1,472 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 325 series had a serious finish issue also with a "water-spotted" looking finish, caused, according to Alessandro as contaminants in the anodizing solution because it wasn't changed enough. I know some folks running through three or four of these and returning them. They had Headroom start opening boxes trying to find one finished correctly. That didn't help by the way. Called JG and he basically said, Ohhh Well, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

If you don't mention it, why would the factory correct it? They KNOW ABOUT IT, that's the sad part. I really like Grado SOUND. But their QC absolutely SUX!! In a Big way. For some real fun you can read about the 4 sets of drivers I went thru on my GS1000s. I now have a good set that sounds Great. But this was after 4 trips to Grado over 4 Months. I'm still waiting for those Frequent Flyer miles for my Canz. I'm going to redeem them for a trip to Cannes!

People!! Don't rationalize Mediocrity, Complain! Return,, BITCH!!

It wll Make GRADO Better!!

Spoken well my friend. A strong X2!

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #1,473 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, one of the reasons why I'm holding back from this purchase as well is because of the lettering issue. Call it OCD, call it crazy, but at least when the silver lettering rubs off on the SR series, you can always re-apply them with a silver Sharpie.
tongue.gif

We're all here primarily for the sound quality, master of the obvious.

Pride in ownership starts with pride in manufacturing.

For $400+, I expect the lettering and finish to be quality.

The sole purpose of a brand new car is to get one from point A to point B.
If the car has poor finish issues, it will be returned by the majority. Headphones, or any other product should be no different.

NEVER ACCEPT, OR BE AN APOLOGIST FOR POOR QUALITY.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #1,474 of 2,859
I totally agree on the QC. I am scared to send in my HF-1 though, for the cable issue and rattling because if something happens they WON'T ever be replaced NEW. So worried maybe I will wait til I can make a trip to NY

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #1,476 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a simple thing. If you suspect you will have issues with the fit and finish, by all means, spend your money elsewhere.

[size=x-small]...or better yet, make an investment expecting the best...that the manufacturer actually cares about their reputation and has RESPECT for the customer/community, and will deliver a quality product... [/size]

[size=x-small]If the quality is sub-standard, return it without hesitation. Never be an enabler or apologist for poor quality. If you really have money to burn and expect nothing in return, give your money to the homeless... [/size]

[size=x-small]Nobody should be paying good hard-earned money for poor quality refrigerator art in return. That would be insulting to all members of the community....[/size]

I ordered the HF-2 before any of this talk surfaced. Like everyone, I expect the HF-2 to be a quality product inside and out...

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #1,477 of 2,859
Quote:

It's a simple thing. If you suspect you will have issues with the fit and finish, by all means, spend your money elsewhere.

Enabling!!

Facilitating!!

Rationalizing!!

Rationalizing Mediocrity!!

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #1,478 of 2,859
Correct me if I'm wrong but about the lettering, I thought the only issue was that it was difficult to photograph. I've not read anywhere that there is a problem from the people who have theirs ?

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #1,479 of 2,859
Quote:

Some people just have too much time
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #1,480 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong but about the lettering, I thought the only issue was that it was difficult to photograph. I've not read anywhere that there is a problem from the people who have theirs ?

Dude, Your eye has much more rez than a Camera,

Crap in >> Crap OUT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back