The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #1,456 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, lets hope MY HPs are good. Yours can be bad
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Now talking seriously if the labeling were deeper they wouldn't present that inconsistency you are talking about. The PS1000 pictures show a good work and quite noticeable. In pictures from the HF-2 it is usually difficult to read the entire text.

Yeah Thanx!

It seems like maybe the Gear doing the Labeling is not spending enough time and is moving too fast or something.

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #1,458 of 2,859
I just have never waited this long. If he would charge though it would make it easier for me to know. Because I don't even know the total since the shipping rates will change daily won't they?

Im just impatient I guess, Im laidoff so Im bored I want my toy!
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #1,460 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to The Wall on my #18 right now....

very_evil_smiley.gif

The Wall, that is a good idea. I am chilling with #10 and Bob Marley at the moment.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #1,461 of 2,859
Yay! my lovely girl.f is buying me this as a birthday gift. Ah!! I love her today
wink_face.gif

Anyway, two things concerns me.
1. I never had Grado before. Some say HF2 does not have the house sound to it. is this true? some say it is still Grado...
2. I never listen Rock. I mostly enjoy most music genre except rock and metal. should I get this?

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #1,462 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by pzm9pzm9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay! my lovely girl.f is buying me this as a birthday gift. Ah!! I love her today
wink_face.gif

1. I never had Grado before. Some say HF2 does not have the house sound to it. is this true? some say it is still Grado...
2. I never listen Rock. I mostly enjoy most music genre except rock and metal. should I get this?

IMO, even the NON Grado sounding Grados sound Grado. When you slap on any Grado, it sounds like a Kindred Spirit to the others.

You don't put on a Grado and think Denon, JVC, Senn, Beyer, etc. Just Doesn't Happen.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #1,463 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by pzm9pzm9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif

I haven't actually heard the HF-2, but since you don't listen to much rock I would use the money to get a better amp or DAC to really bring out the headphones that you currently have. Someone else more knowledgeable than me can feel free to correct me.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #1,464 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfourc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't actually heard the HF-2, but since you don't listen to much rock I would use the money to get a better amp or DAC to really bring out the headphones that you currently have. Someone else more knowledgeable than me can feel free to correct me.

I disagree with my friend above. I say get'em. You have a 30 day return policy, and even if you keep them longer you'll be able to sell them for what you paid (at least in IMHO). You just may find that they are your cup of tea. They certainly have their own house sound (grados in general, and I'm assuming the HF-2's) and you just might be blown away. They're great with Jazz, Pop, vocals in general, and some classical. Now that doesn't mean that they don't sound very very good with other genres. Give them a try...I think you'll be glad you did.

dt880smile.png

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #1,465 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to The Wall on my #18 right now....

very_evil_smiley.gif

How can this be? They haven't shipped yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't hold out much hope, but it would be nice if they could correct the Labeling/Etching issues. Every clear pic shows that "inconsistancy" in the lettering if you blow it up. The PS-1s I've seen don't have that issue. Makes one wonder why this would be "accepted" from the manufacturer.

I can't wait to get mine so I can stare at the lettering 24/7. The sound is not important to me.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #1,466 of 2,859
Beagle;5751921 said:
How can this be? They haven't shipped yet.

They gave out about 20 pairs at Canjam. If you were there and you pre-ordered I think you got yours.

\

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #1,468 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They gave out about 20 pairs at Canjam. If you were there and you pre-ordered I think you got yours.

Oh, sorry I missed that. My bad. I was aware that some people had heard them and have posted comments but didnt know that 20 official HF-2's had found homes.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #1,469 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't wait to get mine so I can stare at the lettering 24/7. The sound is not important to me.

I would term that Statement as "Rationalization of Mediocrity"

These canz, like a lot of Grados are priced "Up There"

The least they can do is provide Good Fit and Finish.

If you don't complain about it, you are destined to live with it...

Then you are a Rube...

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #1,470 of 2,859
To be honest, one of the reasons why I'm holding back from this purchase as well is because of the lettering issue. Call it OCD, call it crazy, but at least when the silver lettering rubs off on the SR series, you can always re-apply them with a silver Sharpie.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back