The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #1,111 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heard them everywhere at CanJam but sorry guys, really didn't like them - very bright, not much detail, not much bass unless amped with something MUCH more expensive. Much preferred the HF1s...

Run away, the mob is coming to get you dude! HF-2 sounding bad, impossible?!
biggrin.gif

But seriously, it's nice to see a differing opinion and I thank thee for that.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #1,112 of 2,859
I wouldn't go so far as to applaud a negative review, but it is refreshing when you know a reviewer is giving an honest, non-biased opinion devoid of pre-formulated opinions.

I still want to hear the HF-2s myself though. And, the recent praise for the HP1000's on this thread has peaked my interest. Can anyone tell me the chances I have to own or hear them?

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #1,113 of 2,859
They don't make them anymore, and the owners won't sell! What else can I say, they're the best headphones I heard at the show, and that includes all the electrostats and the HD800. Well, best meaning I would take them over everything else. Also fell in love with the Qualia, though /shrug

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #1,114 of 2,859
Quote:

Thought the RS1s were very inconsistent, the GS1Ks very boring, and didn't spend much time with the PS1000s...

GS1000 boring? What? It has it's flaws, but boring is not one of them.

I now take the negative HF-2 comments as positive
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,115 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS1000 boring? What? It has it's flaws, but boring is not one of them.

I now take the negative HF-2 comments as positive
biggrin.gif

I had always found the GS1K boring at meets. Now after some more listening time, I continue to find it so.

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #1,116 of 2,859
More reviews!

Gosh I really am excited. I haven't heard the 325s so even if it is a kickass version with wood than Im sure Im in for a treat. And if it isn't to par with Rs1 which I hope it is or is close. That just means when I go further up the line I will be that much more impressed!

Never will I sell mine though or my HF-1s they are my precioussss lol

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #1,117 of 2,859
Okay,

More fuel to for the fire! I went to Can-Jam in LA yesterday and today and had a chance to "sample" the HF2 with the flat bowls. I loved them. I brought my beloved 325i with me to compare. I was blown away. They were more focused, balanced and more of the Grado goodness that I love.

Even my wife who is not really is not that impressed with my 325s in comparison to her 125s felt that they were clearly superior. So much so, that I have permission to buy a set as long as I share
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #1,118 of 2,859
Quote:

Was BLOWN AWAY by the HP1000s from the meet; they would be my grail.

...And the HP1000s sitting in another universe of kickass altogether

You couldn't be more right. I'm amazed at them every time I listen. I'll listen to them tonight just for you
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the impressions. The new stuff is about what I figured it would be.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #1,119 of 2,859
Okay - what's with the limited edition claim for the HF2s? Any idea how many will be issued..will it be 500 or 5000 or 50 000? It just seems that there is an unending supply as orders have ramped up and are continuing to be placed?

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #1,120 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay - what's with the limited edition claim for the HF2s? Any idea how many will be issued..will it be 500 or 5000 or 50 000? It just seems that there is an unending supply as orders have ramped up and are continuing to be placed?

It's easily a limited edition in the sense the pre-order is only available to Head-Fi members and only through Todd. No one knows what the production run will be. The roll call thread obviously isn't an accurate count of how many people are pre-ordering it, but I think it gives a rough starting point anyway.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #1,121 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not obsessed with the metal housing just trying to be subjective here amongst the LuvFest. As I said the debate about Grado drivers is covered ad nauseum elsewhere. If you haven't seen stuff like this below, ya gotta say Hmmm at least once before some form of rationalization crosses your mind. Keep in mind that I love Grados.
>>
>>
graphCompare.php

I am not asking about "difference between drivers" and whether the drivers are pretty much all the same. I am simply asking if anyone knows which driver is in the HF2, the specific model we are talking about here. All those other threads that covered it "ad-nauseum" aren't related to the HF2, is that so hard to understand? If your answer is they all use the same driver, then I would need some concrete evidence, not just a graph. Btw I don't care if the metal housing is a shaved down 325 part it's not really a negative, but you are speculating yet you are so sure that it is. Which is why I think that what YOU are saying is pointless. I might as well say something that may or may not be true and believe it with 100% conviction. I will stop posting on this subject as well, hopefully someone will chime in with some relevant info soon.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #1,122 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not asking about "difference between drivers" and whether the drivers are pretty much all the same. I am simply asking if anyone knows which driver is in the HF2, the specific model we are talking about here. All those other threads that covered it "ad-nauseum" aren't related to the HF2, is that so hard to understand? If your answer is they all use the same driver, then I would need some concrete evidence, not just a graph. Btw I don't care if the metal housing is a shaved down 325 part it's not really a negative, but you are speculating yet you are so sure that it is. Which is why I think that what YOU are saying is pointless. I might as well say something that may or may not be true and believe it with 100% conviction. I will stop posting on this subject as well, hopefully someone will chime in with some relevant info soon.

Read this thread and understand

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gra...8/#post3430030

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #1,123 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well it's not like I'm asking about a different model or being obsessed with a certain aspect of the metal housing *cough *cough. It would be different if no one knew the drivers in the hf1, but there doesn't seem to be any debate about that(everyone just says oh its based on the 225 one didn't see arguments). I'm not talking about the normal prestige or reference models.

Part 2 in Zanth's interview with John Grado suggested that the HF-1 had, in fact, its own driver but was mum on the details and left it that, so take that for what it's worth.

And by HF-2 in your last post, I presume you're still on about the HF-1? Otherwise I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer for that.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #1,124 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by portaprokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part 2 in Zanth's interview with John Grado suggested that the HF-1 had, in fact, its own driver but was mum on the details and left it that, so take that for what it's worth.

And by HF-2 in your last post, I presume you're still on about the HF-1? Otherwise I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer for that.

so that means the people who said the hf1 was based on sr-225 drivers were not 100% sure either, they were just assuming I guess. I didn't see any debate on that (unlike most things on head-fi) so I figured it was already proven. There were no typos in my last post, I thought the driver details about the hf1 were out in the open so the hf2 might be the same story but apparently the hf1 is a mystery and still being debated, I don't mind if there is no definitive answer then.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #1,125 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics...
Sorry about continuing this pointless discussion, just saying that the drivers of GS1000 and HF2 are indeed mounted in much the same way.[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Did you happen to listen to it with the jumbo pads? Better/worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back