The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 31, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #1,067 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bowls.

Hi,
As you own the RS1s, could you please advise as to the weight and comfort of the HF-2 when compared to the RS1s? Also, could you please advise if the RS1's housings are larger in any way when compared with the HF-2? I'm particularly interested in a comparison of the depth of the housings (as some of you who have seen my earlier posts might have gathered by now
wink_face.gif
). Thanks.

May 31, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,068 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the PIC that shows what you are describing here. Take a look at the pic and answer 3 questions. his is a pic of the 325 with the "Lettering/Label RING" removed. What would happen if you shaved it down to remove the Trough for the ring.

1) What would the width of the face look like?
2) How would that change the width of the side 45 degree bevel?
3) What would that do to the depth to the grate?

Any more questions?

325logo.jpg

enough of the is it a shaved down 325 chamber, for some reason you are really fixated on it like you really really want it to be that way(maybe it is maybe it isn't). Anyone have any info about the drivers, how did people find out the hf1 was a tweaked 225 driver? Announcement by grado or did members investigate it?

May 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #1,069 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
As you own the RS1s, could you please advise as to the weight and comfort of the HF-2 when compared to the RS1s? Also, could you please advise if the RS1's housings are larger in any way when compared with the HF-2? I'm particularly interested in a comparison of the depth of the housings (as some of you who have seen my earlier posts might have gathered by now
wink_face.gif
). Thanks.

I'm guessing they are a couple Grams lighter than a 325is...

icon10.gif

May 31, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #1,073 of 2,859
Price does not include shipping

May 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #1,076 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enough of the is it a shaved down 325 chamber, for some reason you are really fixated on it like you really really want it to be that way(maybe it is maybe it isn't). Anyone have any info about the drivers, how did people find out the hf1 was a tweaked 225 driver? Announcement by grado or did members investigate it?

Definitely not a tweaked SR225 driver. Unless I am completely mistaken... I don't think any amount of tweaking or chamber modifications would have allowed for some real bass extension that the HF-2s possess. I didn't really spend too much time on the HF-2s, but my initial impressions of it are good and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it ships and arrives at my door step.

May 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #1,077 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by One_Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very curious to hear impressions of the HF-2 from those who own a audio-technica ATH-AD2000 :) .

I own an Audio-Technica ATH-A2000X and i've ordered the HF-2 so i'll can do a
comparition.
However, i think...
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,078 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinshin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not a tweaked SR225 driver. Unless I am completely mistaken... I don't think any amount of tweaking or chamber modifications would have allowed for some real bass extension that the HF-2s possess. I didn't really spend too much time on the HF-2s, but my initial impressions of it are good and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it ships and arrives at my door step.

I meant how everyone later knew that the HF1 had tweaked sr225 drivers, of course I wouldn't expect the HF2 to have that I just wanted to know how did people find out.

May 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #1,079 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant how everyone later knew that the HF1 had tweaked sr225 drivers, of course I wouldn't expect the HF2 to have that I just wanted to know how did people find out.

No offense, but the number of drivers used by Grado is covered in other threads ad nauseum and is sure to cause a dust up. You can choose to believe that every model has it's own driver thus making it unique amongst Headphone manufacturers or choose something different. The real point is nobody knows except the folks that work at Grado. The question in itself is moot, and as I said covered ad nauseum before today.

May 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #1,080 of 2,859
I guess I'm confused about the "shaved 325i" hypothesis, not because I don't believe that it's a possible explanation...but just because I don't get why it matters. So John took a bunch of 325is housings, chucked them up on the lathe, turned down the outer surface, put a relief for the mahogany inner housings, glued the two together, put who knows what driver in there, etched a new model on the exterior, and put the new cable in there...so? That sounds like a new headphone to me. Or, I should say, as new as any other Grado headphone. As an owner of GS1000i's, 325is', SR80i's, and a twelve-year-old pair of SR60's, I've never felt that Grado represented "state-of-the-art" design or construction, but I've felt like the sound is state-of-the-art.

I'll bet the HF-2's sound great and I'll bet I keep my 325is' because my hypothesis is that they will have different strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe I just got soured by the endless prattle in the ALO Amphora review thread. And yes, I still like walnut
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back