The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #1,051 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. They all look so silly. Plus, that's extra wiring, as if Grado cable isn't long enough..

1/8" to 1/4" is much more manageable, and it looks nice with the oversized Grado jack.

so true...

May 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #1,052 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if you are gonna count customs as part of the price of the headphone then it probably makes more sense to go rs1 or ms-pro. I wouldn't be surprised if the hf-2 beats rs-1 for people who don't like the rs1 signature but the majority will probably still prefer rs1.

Thanks. That's the way of life here, I would honestly kill for a $525 Denon D7000.
frown.gif

Anyway, I'll wait for more inputs from folks here for the time being.

May 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #1,053 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. They all look so silly. Plus, that's extra wiring, as if Grado cable isn't long enough..

1/8" to 1/4" is much more manageable, and it looks nice with the oversized Grado jack.

Your post confuses me.

First you hate 1/8 -> 1/4, they look silly, extra wiring.

Then it's more manageable, and looks nice?

May 31, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #1,054 of 2,859
hahahaa after the HF2 is unveiled no body seems to be bashing the $430 pricing anymore... seriously looking at the wood/aluminum combination, I think $430 is a killer price..

I would get it if I didn't fall in love with the GS1000i sound.

May 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #1,055 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahahaa after the HF2 is unveiled no body seems to be bashing the $430 pricing anymore... seriously looking at the wood/aluminum combination, I think $430 is a killer price..

As I just posted in the other GS-1000 thread, they are my go-to headphones I couldn't live without. But hey... if you don't get the HF-2's now, you'll probably cry afterwards
wink.gif
. They are woth it for sure... hehe.

popcorn.gif

May 31, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #1,056 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, that's the thing of being a Limited Edition
smily_headphones1.gif

What I am still wondering is how many of this babies will be sold

May 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #1,057 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting that you should comment on the "receded cup". I suggested in the HF2 review/comparison thread that the phone is shallow in depth when compared to an RS1. The response from a headfier who actually listened to the HF2 at CanJam was that it was of similar size to the RS1. I'm really surprised by this because based on photographs of both phones, the HF2 still looks shallower in depth to me, if not smaller overall. It looks more akin to a Prestige series rather than a Reference series Grado.

Here's the PIC that shows what you are describing here. Take a look at the pic and answer 3 questions. his is a pic of the 325 with the "Lettering/Label RING" removed. What would happen if you shaved it down to remove the Trough for the ring.

1) What would the width of the face look like?
2) How would that change the width of the side 45 degree bevel?
3) What would that do to the depth to the grate?

Any more questions?

325logo.jpg

May 31, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #1,059 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have £170...I might just have to save up some money (Incredibly quickly+a bit of a loan from parents) to buy these ASAP. Never tried a Grado before, I am willing to take the risk since the look of these is drawing me in so much :|

risk? what risk?
evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #1,060 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the PIC that shows what you are describing here. Take a look at the pic and answer 3 questions. his is a pic of the 325 with the "Lettering/Label RING" removed. What would happen if you shaved it down to remove the Trough for the ring.

1) What would the width of the face look like?
2) How would that change the width of the side 45 degree bevel?
3) What would that do to the depth to the grate?

Any more questions?

325logo.jpg

None that I can think of for the moment. Very interesting hypothesis though.

May 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #1,061 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by D_4_Dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
risk? what risk?
evil_smiley.gif

The risk of not liking them? ¬¬ But yeah, I wasn't even going to consider Grados, but JonathanJong convinced me to get something different compared to my IE8s. I might as well get some aggressive and fun.

May 31, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #1,064 of 2,859
Well, what can I say now: I am listening to The Crusaders -Rural Renewal- with my Grado Sr225 whilst reading all this things about the HF2 and looking at pictures of it.

I am now wishing Mid-June comes soon
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #1,065 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very curious to hear impressions of the HF-2 from those who own a Headphiled HF-1.

can do this as soon as I receive mine
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back