The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #886 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like how the part that holds / swivels the cups don't go all the way around like RS1, but instead are just part way like the lower end models.

Metal would have been nicer.

Still, these are nicer looking than I imagined.

I'm not sure how the ring is a big deal, does it affect the sound or anything?

Need listening impressions!

May 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #887 of 2,859
Yeah! I guessed right! On day 1! Yeah yeah, uh-huh uh-huh! When I spoke to Todd right after the announcement, I could tell from Todd's voice I was on the right track. I'm hoping the wood chambers reigns in the sibilance just a tad. If so, they should sound great.

May 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #888 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Relative small, probably 'decent' sounding, and the fact that I just need an office 'phone...

I have an office on my own, so I can always close the door if I want to play loud.
smile.gif

Might be a good office headphone if you have an office.
wink.gif
It's not that small and in my book a bit expensive to be an "office headphone", to each it's own I guess.

May 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #890 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or the same as PS1000 with smaller cup? Or the same as RS-2 with metal cup? Come on, it's a different headphone with various elements combined, not "tricked out mod'd" SR325.

It looks more like a variation on the new "wood plus metal" idea used for PS1000.

Ahhh WRONG.

Look at the PIX of the 325 and the HF-2 side by side. Read my prev posts about how it was done. The top was milled or ground down 3-4 mm on the 325. Look at the bevel and how it would change. Look at the Grill depth. Most importantly, use the Neurons that God blessed you with and exercise some thoughtful analysis.

May 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #891 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh WRONG.

Look at the PIX of the 325 and the HF-2 side by side. Read my prev posts about how it was done. The top was milled or ground down 3-4 mm on the 325. Look at the bevel and how it would change. Look at the Grill depth. Most importantly, use the Neurons that God blessed you with and exercise some thoughtful analysis.

I did look at the pictures. Does not look the same and even if the metal from the top portion of 325 was used, does it make it tricked out 325? I think you just like to jump to conclusions. Keep up the good work.
tongue.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #893 of 2,859
Aside from wanting to know how they sound, I'd like more info on the headphones themselves. Specifically, is this a new driver? Apologies if this was already mentioned but I don't recall reading anything about it.

May 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #896 of 2,859
Very interesting indeed. I'm looking forward to more impressions.

I really doubt these are just milled 325 cups. It's hard to tell from the pictures obviously, but the measurements just don't match up - to me, anyway.

May 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #897 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Successful troll is successful.

Exactly. He is such a know it all. It's like he has to grab this imaginary spotlight in every thread he enters and shine it on himself.

May 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #898 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from wanting to know how they sound, I'd like more info on the headphones themselves. Specifically, is this a new driver? Apologies if this was already mentioned but I don't recall reading anything about it.

You probably won't get any details about the driver. But they will sound nice for sure.

Btw. where are the first impressions from the people at canjam? Come on... don't let us starve
regular_smile .gif
. I'm sitting here for hours now, reloading the page every minute
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #899 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. He is such a know it all. It's like he has to grab this imaginary spotlight in every thread he enters and shine it on himself.

It's not even about being right or wrong, it's about being a jerk about things. Chill, have a beer, get laid, listen to some music rather than worrying about your own pure speculation so much that you have to resort to insulting others. Have fun with people and things instead of being an ass!

May 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #900 of 2,859
Quote:

Btw. where are the first impressions from the people at canjam?

Well personally, if I were at CanJam I'd be running around trying to listen to as much as possible rather than wasting time posting impressions. I'm sure we'll get a lot more later tonight once the hall is cleared and the doors are locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back