The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #751 of 2,859
I have ordered the HF-2s and have read most of this thread. I am disappointed that there has been too much argument over price and not enough speculation about what they will be like. Tsk tsk. I owned the HF-1s the first time around but, truthfully wasn't that impressed. I think this was mostly my fault though, as it was my first Grado and I had yet to hone my ears. I am selling my RS-2s for this and so my expectations are high. I figure I can sell them in a few months for the same as I paid if I don't like them...which I highly doubt.
With two days to go here is my best guess. They will be metal with regular bowls. I am hoping, against the odds I think, that these will look like the PS-1s. Todd did say a "mini PS-1000" and I don't think this is completely sound oriented. If they are metal, like the 325is, I will be truly disappointed. I really want these to look, and sound, special. Any other takers?

May 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #752 of 2,859
Hi All,

I am off to CanJam - and so are the very first HF-2 headphones. The wait is almost over! only 2 days and they will in the hands of some of you.

I had enough time to break in my HF-2 before I left so they will be available in the TTVJ room for listening. Jude will also have a pair that is broken in for the show. The rest, well they are in sealed boxes as they should be.

I look forward to seeing many of you and hope the rest of you tune in here to see pics and get impressions of the HF-2. Saturday morning 10 AM PST the HF-2 will be exposed
biggrin.gif

Todd

May 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #753 of 2,859
..wondering if I should jump into the HF2 as my first Grado. Been using in-ears for a while but want to try the openess of a full size...

Should I start with something like a 325i or just jump straight into the HF2?

-Sam

May 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #754 of 2,859
HF-2. It is uniquely ours and if you wait you might never get a new pair. HF series blend in multiple characteristics of other Grados. So pick the sound sig you like more.

ONLY 2 MORE DAYS yay!

May 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #755 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

I am off to CanJam - and so are the very first HF-2 headphones. The wait is almost over! only 2 days and they will in the hands of some of you.

I had enough time to break in my HF-2 before I left so they will be available in the TTVJ room for listening. Jude will also have a pair that is broken in for the show. The rest, well they are in sealed boxes as they should be.

I look forward to seeing many of you and hope the rest of you tune in here to see pics and get impressions of the HF-2. Saturday morning 10 AM PST the HF-2 will be exposed
biggrin.gif

Todd

Have a nice trip.

Will be looking forward all the picts and hype!

Damn can't wait, luckily my fridays are packed with things to do, so it will finish fast
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #756 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by evosam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..wondering if I should jump into the HF2 as my first Grado. Been using in-ears for a while but want to try the openess of a full size...

-Sam

straight to the hf2.

todd, safe travels. looking forward to the grand unveiling in 2 days!

May 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #757 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

biggrin.gif

Todd

Have a nice trip to California!
biggrin.gif

Some of us, who will not be there, will certainly be watching for the first pictures to appear.

May 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #758 of 2,859
i won't be at canjam either so i'm a bit jealous at those of us who can make it. the worst thing is that it's being held so close to pasadena, where my fiance currently lives. have a safe trip to LA Todd. i'm really looking forward to pictures of the HF2 and impressions from other head-fi members.

May 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #759 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by evosam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-Sam

Oh DO jump, you know you want/need to. If you don't like it you can always roll back to a 325i but you might not always be able to "upgrade" to a HF2. Am i right or am i RIGHT
tongue.gif

We're evil here aren't we

May 28, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #760 of 2,859
Hmm.. I may have missed this in this thread, but anyone know when we'll be charged for these? My order still shows as Pending.. and I haven't been charged yet. (ordered 5/21).

more importantly.. when will they ship?
wink.gif

May 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #761 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. I may have missed this in this thread, but anyone know when we'll be charged for these? My order still shows as Pending.. and I haven't been charged yet. (ordered 5/21).

more importantly.. when will they ship?
wink.gif

Todd mentioned here that he wont be charging cards till he gets back from canjam, so probably early next week.

less than 2 days to go till we can finally see some pics and hear some impressions.
popcorn.gif

May 28, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #764 of 2,859
I know that Todd will not be chargingCredit Cards until he gets back from Can-Jam - but how are PayPal payments handled?? If anyione has paid via PayPal please get back to me so I'll know how those payments are handled and I can be prepared for an immediate or later financial hit. Thx

May 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #765 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that Todd will not be chargingCredit Cards until he gets back from Can-Jam - but how are PayPal payments handled?? If anyione has paid via PayPal please get back to me so I'll know how those payments are handled and I can be prepared for an immediate or later financial hit. Thx

i believe paypal charges you immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back