The going crazy with anticipation thread!
May 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

acidbasement

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm ready to snap from it. I've been a 3-hour drive away from home with my wife and son for the last two weeks while we wait for her to go into labour - she's due this Thursday and the baby is sitting breech (head up). A C-section (the standard delivery method for breech babies in rural areas) is not desirable, so we need to be near a big hospital in case the delivery doesn't go as expected and emergency measures are required.

So, not only am I waiting to meet my second child, but I also have a set of HD600s waiting for me at the post office when I get home, and once I'm on parental leave in a few weeks, I'm going to build my first headphone amp.

Anyone else going nuts waiting for things to happen?

May 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 18
First of all congratulations on the upcoming birth of your second child. I hope everything goes well and your wife is out of the hospital quickly. Compare with the rest you definitely have important things to look up to. Cheers!

May 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 18
Wow. Congratulations, man. All my anticipations is getting dwarfed.

I've got a couple of breads in the oven, at the moment. That's pretty much it.

Congratulations, again, hoping everything goes well, and that both of them can come home again soon.

May 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 18
I'm going to be done with finals in 2 days and I'll be studying in Paris for half the summer in 20 days, but none of that compares to a child being born. Congrats man!

May 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 18
Wow a second child :O
Sorry about your wallet
wink.gif

Just kidding, congratulations and Mazal Tov!
I hope everything goes well and your wife is out of the hospital quickly
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #7 of 18
The best kind of anticipation, my friend, is when a jewel waits for you at the end. Congratulations!

May 4, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 18
Hey, congratulations! I hope you don't forget to pick up the Sennheisers with all the excitement (and lack of sleep) you have coming up!

May 4, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #10 of 18
Oh, wow! I thought you'd be whining about a shipping delay, but a child is something else entirely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats, good luck and best wishes to your wife and the little one! I hope everything goes well and that the child will sleep enough for you to make progress on your amp.
wink.gif

But instead of being anxious, why not make the most of these last few weeks? Children aren't a bad thing, but they are life changing. Make some time for you and your wife - drive her to the park and have dinner there, rent some favorite movies, just do what you enjoyed doing as a pre-child couple while you still can.

May 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 18
Congratulations!
Only anticipation here is dinner for tonight. But tomorrow will be my brother's birthday and me and my gf are going to a festival.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 18
Woo hoo! The birth went great, and the little guy was born 3am this morning. Everyone is healthy, happy, and sleep deprived. Now what kind of scotch will I buy in celebration?

May 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 18
Congratulations! It's great to hear all went well.

beerchug.gif
Here's to many new unforgettable memories to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back