The Georgia Straight mentions Head-Fi
Sep 30, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 11
Nice. Actually, he's done his homework in general and presented an even handed perspective for the reader to follow up on. Headamp, Ray Samuels Audio, and Headroom also got mentions, for instance. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of - getting the mesage out to the general public.

Sep 30, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 11
There's still drama on these forums, but most of the stuff gets locked/deleted so many don't notice. But yes, this place is much more sterile compared to other internet forums due to the strict rules against swearing, religion, politics, etc.

Still a nice read though.

Sep 30, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Either that or avoid these people like the plague.

lambda.gif

nothing like giving the readers the warning after they've read the article; genius!

nice read, as wmcmanus said, spreading the good news is a great thing.

w00t for the Straight! cheers!

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 11
I think that this reflects pretty accurately why I enjoy being a part of this community so much:

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight.com
However, unlike most such on-line communities, this one seemed refreshingly free of invective, insult, and derision. Generally, it was just a bunch of nice people sharing knowledge and opinions. “Join us,” they seemed to say. “We’re your new friends.”

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 11
That's a quality article. It kind of exactly sums up most people's experiences here. "I just need a little bit more information" becomes "well, frankly $1000 is cheap for that....."

Sep 30, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 11
It's a good thing Dave Watson hasn't been to Commercial Electronics (Burrard @ Drake), otherwise he could have listened to some Stax Omega 2, lost his wallet and revised his opinion on the low cost of this hobby...

Oct 1, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #11 of 11
Outstanding article. Our civility never ceases to amaze. I must confess that I'm also a political junkie, and at times I've been guilty of dropping a challenging hint, here and there, but it's always been left on the table. I am proud of all of us. We need the new guys to fuel this forum and the seasoned guys to provide the knowledge and stability. Lastly, the exemplary moderators and Jude, who gently keep us all honest and true.
That's my two cents. So there.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back