The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2,133 of 2,251
So, what, 2 or 3 weeks till the Live 4 comes out. My Love is just the girls version and the Live is the guys version. :)

Aug 1, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #2,134 of 2,251
Hello everybody.

Today I present to you one of the most surprising TFZ IEMS that I have reviewed. It is the TFZ My Love IV.
I hope you like it.

Cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tfz-my-love-iv.25322/reviews#review-26412

TFZ My Love 4 24_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #2,135 of 2,251
I found a Tfz Essence FR graph:
IMG_20210828_150300.jpg

Screenshot from a youtube review that does not rate it really good soundwise (the bass are thunderous, even too much, mids thin and harsh, trebles forward and harsh too) I disagree, but as I said already I can't complain, different ears, different tastes (and different couplings with different DAPs!)
Sure the bass roll-off of my F.Audio FA3S made them more balanced and enjoyable, as I said in my review where I wondered if the Essence's bass FR was similar to the Live 1,3,X... yes, it is!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0LI9deJ0pd0&ved=2ahUKEwiXwpm_4tPyAhUGm6QKHerEDR4QwqsBegQIHhAE&usg=AOvVaw05iWy2RV3-WBc-3mswd_rg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,141 of 2,251
Having a tequila and s2 galaxy...

What tfz would u recomend?
- no3 anniversary
- live 3
- essence

What sound signature do u like, and what are your preferred music genres.

The TFZ No. 3 is more V shaped and more bassy and technical than the Tequila, but Tequila has better timbre and soundstage. TFZ No. 3 is also shoutier in the upper mids.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #2,142 of 2,251
What sound signature do u like, and what are your preferred music genres.

The TFZ No. 3 is more V shaped and more bassy and technical than the Tequila, but Tequila has better timbre and soundstage. TFZ No. 3 is also shoutier in the upper mids.
Actually all versions of the tfz is more L shaped. Strong bass, neutral mids and recessed highs. I have the no.3 anniversary version and most definitely it aint v shaped.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,143 of 2,251
Having a tequila and s2 galaxy...

What tfz would u recomend?
- no3 anniversary
- live 3
- essence
If you're talking about the no.3 that comes in black and clear, yes I have that and it has crazy subbass. I was told by tfz all versions are the same in sound. I have the tequila as well, but never heard the live 3, or essence. No.3 at $51 was a steal for me last year, but now I'm seeing it at $44.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,144 of 2,251
If you're talking about the no.3 that comes in black and clear, yes I have that and it has crazy subbass. I was told by tfz all versions are the same in sound. I have the tequila as well, but never heard the live 3, or essence. No.3 at $51 was a steal for me last year, but now I'm seeing it at $44.

Yeah, i know that TFZ is all about bass.
The no3 looks a steal for this 11.11 price that u told about. But the FR looks like my S2 Galaxy... So...

Essence is another story, more balanced, less bassy.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,145 of 2,251
Sold my No. 3's and Tequila's as nothing I bought TFZ after the Queens satisfied my ears although I kept. my Secret Garden's their still no match for my Queens but if you read me before we "ALL" hear iem's just a little differently. I may break this 11/11 and finally take the Series 7 dive just because I find them to be the best looking TFZ to date :grin: Plus I am curious to a TFZ Hybrid :thinking:

N3 Queens.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back