The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #961 of 2,251
I don't own either one, but based on the awards the Updated King received and the fact it sells for $109 to the $59 of the T2 Galaxy I would think it would be in my opinion. You should read the description of Updated version.

I appreciate the response, but I do know that price alone doesn't neccasarily mean that it's an upgrade. I also did read the discription and although it's intriguing it doesn't help me in my comparison with the T2's. I do like that they are on sale, but I don't want to just buy them because they are on sale and then not like how they sound. Google searching the King Updated didn't bring up much info on them. I am looking for something with at least as much bass as the T2 but cleaner mids and treble and similar sound signature.

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #962 of 2,251
I appreciate the response, but I do know that price alone doesn't neccasarily mean that it's an upgrade. I also did read the discription and although it's intriguing it doesn't help me in my comparison with the T2's. I do like that they are on sale, but I don't want to just buy them because they are on sale and then not like how they sound. Google searching the King Updated didn't bring up much info on them. I am looking for something with at least as much bass as the T2 but cleaner mids and treble and similar sound signature.

have you tried moondrop line ups ? i dont own the t2 but demoed them and owned king pro(sold). at that price i think the moondrop kanas pro is the logical upgrade from t2. or you can wait a few month for their new iem, the moondrop KxxS.

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #963 of 2,251
have you tried moondrop line ups ? i dont own the t2 but demoed them and owned king pro(sold). at that price i think the moondrop kanas pro is the logical upgrade from t2. or you can wait a few month for their new iem, the moondrop KxxS.

I have looked at the Kanas Pro and I am not a fan of the look and I think I want something a little more V-shaped. But seems like a good IEM though.

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #964 of 2,251
I have looked at the Kanas Pro and I am not a fan of the look and I think I want something a little more V-shaped. But seems like a good IEM though.

really ? i own one and i think they look fantastic. beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess. my advice is to go to a store and try all of the iem in ur price range. 250$ is a lot of money (to me atleast) and you dont want to waste it on something u dont like. also check reviews on the sony xba-n3. i demoed it and like it alot punch way above its price point imo, highly rated on crin's list. i think it fits your description well. but looks is on the weird side.

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #965 of 2,251
really ? i own one and i think they look fantastic. beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess. my advice is to go to a store and try all of the iem in ur price range. 250$ is a lot of money (to me atleast) and you dont want to waste it on something u dont like. also check reviews on the sony xba-n3. i demoed it and like it alot punch way above its price point imo, highly rated on crin's list. i think it fits your description well. but looks is on the weird side.

I like the "TFZ sound" but I have looked at other brands. The reason I asked here in the TFZ forum was to get some insight in the TFZ line. I also wish there was a store near me that stocked TFZ or similar brands for auditioning. And it's funny that you recommended those Sony's, a friend of mine has them and I tried them and liked the sound, but the fit was an issue for me. Other than the fit they sounded pretty good, I think I liked the bass on the T2 better though, I would need to AB them again to be sure, but the bass wasn't as tight as I expected it to be.

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #967 of 2,251
My advice for you would be Secret Garden. Huge soundstage with great level of detail, slightly on the bright side but never fatiguing together with deep and clean bass.

Yeah, I was leaning toward those, but just wanted to make sure they were the right ones I was looking for. They're brighter than the T2's? No room for $200 paperweights...lol. TFZ has so many IEM's it's hard to tell what the natural progression is. Thanks.

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #969 of 2,251
I could recommend many iems, but the way you framed the question, I thought you wanted to stay with only TFZ. You say price alone doesn't make it a upgrade, and I agree, but a lot of times price does as the makers put better materials in their product. Your main point was looking for improved mids and highs, and it would seem like the Upgrade's would give you that over the T2's. Getting back to price not being a indicator, how about the old saying. "You get what you pay for". Outside of the Upgrade's, the only other one would be the SG1. If you really want great mids and highs, save your money and get the Secret Garden 3, I own this one.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #970 of 2,251
I could recommend many iems, but the way you framed the question, I thought you wanted to stay with only TFZ. You say price alone doesn't make it a upgrade, and I agree, but a lot of times price does as the makers put better materials in their product. Your main point was looking for improved mids and highs, and it would seem like the Upgrade's would give you that over the T2's. Getting back to price not being a indicator, how about the old saying. "You get what you pay for". Outside of the Upgrade's, the only other one would be the SG1. If you really want great mids and highs, save your money and get the Secret Garden 3, I own this one.

I appreciate your help. You're right, you do get what you paid for most of the time, sometimes things are worth more than what you paid. The Secret Gardens seem like the way to go, but the SG3, that's way too rich for my blood.

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #971 of 2,251
Anyone with any info regarding the T1s: sound sig, if the cables are detachable, etc? It's on Massdrop right now for 27USD, wondering if it's worth getting for a secondary IEM.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #972 of 2,251
My take on the TFZ No.3! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-04-15_22-55-57.jpg

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #973 of 2,251
Hello guys!
I need you help, I'm looking for tips for my TFZ Exclusive King, I just tried the Spinfit C145, but they're kinda long (though extremely comfortable and great isolation) and make the iem hang a little, any recommendation for good quality comfortable tips for these iems?
It would be ideal if the tips help a little softening the treble, but my main focus is comfort and isolation.

Both foam and silicone recommendations are welcomed

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #974 of 2,251
Hello guys!
I need you help, I'm looking for tips for my TFZ Exclusive King, I just tried the Spinfit C145, but they're kinda long (though extremely comfortable and great isolation) and make the iem hang a little, any recommendation for good quality comfortable tips for these iems?
It would be ideal if the tips help a little softening the treble, but my main focus is comfort and isolation.

Both foam and silicone recommendations are welcomed
The world of tips is very personalized, getting a good seal is important, plus comfort counts. I recently discovered the tips of a Chifi (Sony MH750) and I bought these that are the same. They are silicone pulling to soft and fit very well. The channel is a little narrow, accentuate the bass a little and soften the treble.

LINK

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #975 of 2,251
My take on the TFZ No.3! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Great review.... do you know the difference between the normal No. 3 to No. 3 Ti apart from the titanium shell and nicer cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back