The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #1,487 of 2,251
I will never ever purchase at taobao again NEVER, thanks for the replys it will be awesome to compare FR of tfzn3 vs TFZ n3 TI !!!
What happened there?

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #1,488 of 2,251
I will never ever purchase at taobao again NEVER, thanks for the replys it will be awesome to compare FR of tfzn3 vs TFZ n3 TI !!!

Here goes, measurement have been made with Flare Audio Audiophile Earfoams which have wide bores and do not boost the bass. Upper midrange might show a bit differently with silicone tips. The 7kHz peaks are resonant peaks and actual values should be some 5/6dB lower at this point. Hopefully this can give you a some idea of the difference between the two:

TFZ No3.png

TFZ No3 Ti.png

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,489 of 2,251
If you heard both can you tell me if subbass is better in one and staging what about highs my proble with tfz N3 its the upper part of the FR chart will be apreciate more insight on them!!
The King Pro is better in the sub-bass with stronger rumble. There is bigger soundstage on the King Pro. The No.3 is smoother in the highs.

Here goes, measurement have been made with Flare Audio Audiophile Earfoams which have wide bores and do not boost the bass. Upper midrange might show a bit differently with silicone tips. The 7kHz peaks are resonant peaks and actual values should be some 5/6dB lower at this point. Hopefully this can give you a some idea of the difference between the two:

How are you liking the No.3 Ti so far?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #1,490 of 2,251
The No.3 graph looks better than the No.3 Ti graph. Now I’m assuming there are other acoustic properties in using a titanium shell that aren’t reflected here, but if that is the sub-bass response of the regular model, I’m happy with my $85 purchase.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,491 of 2,251
How are you liking the No.3 Ti so far?

I haven't listened to them in a while, they are a bit too bright for me, not a purchase I regret though unlike the similarly priced Final E5000 which I find absolutely terrible.

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,492 of 2,251

What are these? They're on TFZ's website, but I can't find anything about them anywhere.

Interesting, first time seeing TFZ doing dip switches of this kind rather than the common dip switches like the TFZ SG3, according to your image post looks like a dip switch and locates on the body for east accessibility or the other word - flick the dip switch while listening to music. Interesting idea may looking forward to dem iems'

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #1,493 of 2,251
I haven't listened to them in a while, they are a bit too bright for me, not a purchase I regret though unlike the similarly priced Final E5000 which I find absolutely terrible.
That's nice, it is great at its price point. For my personal daily listening these days, I only use the following IEMs - FIBAE 7, Ace, Solaris, Kaiser Encore, HS1650 CU & IE800s. Speaking of the E5000, you need to drive it with lots of power, otherwise, decent sound.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,494 of 2,251
That's nice, it is great at its price point. For my personal daily listening these days, I only use the following IEMs - FIBAE 7, Ace, Solaris, Kaiser Encore, HS1650 CU & IE800s. Speaking of the E5000, you need to drive it with lots of power, otherwise, decent sound.

Nothing can save the E5000 in my book, I am totally puzzled at the unanimous praise these get in reviews. I tend to have only one favorite at a time and at the moment it's the CKR100. Curious about HS 1650 CU and other Acoustunes, a bit too pricey for me new though and not many used ones around. Not sure what the Ace is????

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,495 of 2,251
Nothing can save the E5000 in my book, I am totally puzzled at the unanimous praise these get in reviews. I tend to have only one favorite at a time and at the moment it's the CKR100. Curious about HS 1650 CU and other Acoustunes, a bit too pricey for me new though and not many used ones around. Not sure what the Ace is????
The source used can be a factor. So the IEMs I stated earlier are all flagship except HS1650 CU.
Aroma Audio Ace, Custom Art FIBAE 7, Campfire Solaris, Noble Kaiser Encore & Sennheiser IE800S.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,496 of 2,251
How is the Aroma Ace? I have been wanting to listen to their Witch Girl :D

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,497 of 2,251
Sep 25, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #1,498 of 2,251

Really usefull thanks!!! from your hearing sesions its very diferent? in wich areas? not everithing its graphs but it shure helps a lot!!! THANKS

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,499 of 2,251
Really usefull thanks!!! from your hearing sesions its very diferent? in wich areas? not everithing its graphs but it shure helps a lot!!! THANKS

It might sound weird but I haven't listened to them back to back nor have have I listened to either extensively as other IEMs I got at around the same time drew me in much more and got most of my listening time since then. I am afraid you just have to do with the graphs from me and rely on other people's impressions, sorry.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,500 of 2,251
First up for the new TFZ IEMs is the TFZ T x BEAR 1 which is a 1 BA IEM. Light bass, clear midrange, crisp treble, average soundstage. Quite enjoyable especially for acoustic music. :)

photo_2019-09-26_23-56-36.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back