The Forum
Nov 2, 2001 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pigmode

Truck-Fi
This forum is such a class act. It's run so professionally, as it's being tweaked to perfection. I like the way the page you're on is highlighted and enlarged at the bottom and top of the page. Cool.

Nov 2, 2001 at 10:09 AM Post #2 of 9
Thanks, pigmode! The page number feature you mention is part of the latest vBulletin version upgrade. Head-Fi engineer neil installed the upgrade very soon after it was made available, and this simple detail you mention is one of the nice new touches.

Some of the other things that are neat (and I'll update this list as I find anything else neat about the upgrade) include:
  1. The ability to mark individual forums as read.
  2. Multiple choice is now available in polls (allows voters to choose more than one option if the person who sets up the poll wishes this to be allowable). I think this can make polls much more flexible.
  3. Enhanced security.
Thanks again for the nice comments, pigmode! The continued improvement and growth of Head-Fi is made possible by its sponsors (currently HeadRoom and Meier Audio), as well as by the work and activity of the moderators, and, most importantly, by the people who come here to read and/or post.

Nov 2, 2001 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 9
jude: We all know that you are.....the man.

Keep it up, my friend.....

Nov 3, 2001 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 9
The interface of the forums, in terms of asthetics and function, is first class. There is a good 'homey" feeling to the forums rather than a clinical or "market study" feeling that other audio, manufacter, or record label forums can have. The upgrades are actually useful as well.

I nominate the Head-Fi masters as "Web Czar of the Year".

Nov 4, 2001 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 9
who put those huge MSN smileys in there tho? they're just a bit too big and flashy IMO.

Nov 4, 2001 at 11:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
who put those huge MSN smileys in there tho? they're just a bit too big and flashy IMO.

I agree, these new smilies are a far cry from the sophisticated (?) ones we had before. They take up too much space IMO. But, OTOH I may just need to get used to them.

Nov 4, 2001 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 9
I do love this board. it's gotta be one of the best out there, period! Not only are the forums themselves awesome, but the community is a very civilized and intelligent one as well.

Nov 4, 2001 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 9
HEY !!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOO YOU CALLIN' CIVILIZED !
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back