The Florida Head-Fi Beach Party. Tampa, June 9th.
May 10, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #376 of 864
Flecom, Thrice,

I might need your help. I bought a little integrated Heed amp from audiogon and it arrived with a broken source selector switch
mad.gif
. The b...th who sold it won't refund the money and wants me to do a claim, but the box wasn't damaged so that's out. She's also willing to send it to Heed for repair, but that's in Hungary. I filed a dispute, but Audiogon now wants me to pay $95 for a moderated decision. Will you take a look at it for me and see what's what? I'd rather give one of you the $95 to take a look and more if it can be fixed easily and you wouldn't mind. Let me know.

May 10, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #377 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flecom, Thrice,

I might need your help. I bought a little integrated Heed amp from audiogon and it arrived with a broken source selector switch
mad.gif
. The b...th who sold it won't refund the money and wants me to do a claim, but the box wasn't damaged so that's out. She's also willing to send it to Heed for repair, but that's in Hungary. I filed a dispute, but Audiogon now wants me to pay $95 for a moderated decision. Will you take a look at it for me and see what's what? I'd rather give one of you the $95 to take a look and more if it can be fixed easily and you wouldn't mind. Let me know.

Yeah I'll look at it, you don't have to pay me....I won't fix it, just stare and shake my head
wink.gif

Seriously, yeah I'll take a look.

May 10, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #378 of 864
Quote:

I don't know, Mike. Gene's totally bailed on this thread and the meet is practically in his back yard. It doesn't bode well. I see his posts in the amp threads. I know he's been cruising in the souce forum. I see him online, but he is ignoring us. Do you think it was something we said?
biggrin.gif

BTW, Matt had a good question a few posts back. What will be the deal with transportation for outings? Should we try the van thing again, at least for one night, or will we trust that enough of us will remain sober to drive AND be willing to haul drunken fools around. I'm the only sober one I know in this crowd who is also a fool. Towert7 is too young to drink, but then also too young to put up with you. How many of us are there staying over? Going out? Hey, there's still that wedding going on. Do they have a band?

I think Gene is still recovering from San Jose. He'll be back in another week or two. Instead of joining Al, jp, Aaron and me in NYC this weekend he is doing some family stuff. I tell you the man does not have his priorities right. I think we will have a fifth beer for the last round at each bar in honor of Gene. The missing Florida Misfit formation.

There is no chance I'm driving on Saturday night. I have a feeling I will drive up early Saturday morning and leave after the Budhist Temple on Sunday. I need my vegitarian Thai food before I leave.

Anyone bringing any dac's to the meet. I have a Squeezebox 3 coming and will probably end up using a dac with it. (that was for mikeg).
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #379 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I'll look at it, you don't have to pay me....I won't fix it, just stare and shake my head
wink.gif

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone bringing any dac's to the meet. I have a Squeezebox 3 coming and will probably end up using a dac with it. (that was for mikeg).
biggrin.gif

Both John and Gene have Apogee MiniDacs, but I can see if I can get Headroom to put a dac in the box with the other goodies they're sending, just to try something else out.

May 10, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #380 of 864
I just realized that I met you guys on June 9th last year at Oz's. How things have changed. I was happy then with my ipod, SR-60s, Etys, HD580s and microamp. Now I want John's F1. I was sweet. Now I say outrageous things to strangers in your honor. I was innocent. Okay, maybe not, but it will be a celebratory anniversary nonetheless.

May 11, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #381 of 864
Quote:

I just realized that I met you guys on June 9th last year at Oz's. How things have changed. I was happy then with my ipod, SR-60s, Etys, HD580s and microamp. Now I want John's F1. I was sweet. Now I say outrageous things to strangers in your honor. I was innocent. Okay, maybe not, but it will be a celebratory anniversary nonetheless.

Enough with the nostalgia. My 6:05 flight is delayed to no earlier than 10. i am now flying to White Plains. Aaron, are you picking me up?

May 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #382 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enough with the nostalgia. My 6:05 flight is delayed to no earlier than 10. i am now flying to White Plains. Aaron, are you picking me up?

And you were so welcoming then....
tongue.gif

What portable gear did you bring to the airport with you?

May 11, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #383 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

vicki, he means it too. he took a look at one of my amps for 9 months! no kidding. i think he wants to erase that long look from his memory.

thrice
btw, it is having problems again. i just did not want to say anything to you about it for a least a couple of more years. sorry.

May 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #384 of 864
Quote:

Flecom, Thrice,

mad.gif

i dont mind looking it at after thrice is done shaking his head
wink.gif

i will have my stuff with me as per the usual...

plus i have to sleeve jp's K1000 cable so I have to bring my iron anyway
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #385 of 864
Quote:

And you were so welcoming then....
tongue.gif

What portable gear did you bring to the airport with you?

I finally got to the hotel at 1:45am. I waited for Aaron to pick me up and realized he wasn't coming so I took a $120 cab ride to the hotel. Fortunately, I had my ipod/Tomahawk/ER6i and internet connection with my Blackjack.

May 11, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #386 of 864
I've got like 30 minutes to get caught up with this meet thread, and I'm way over already. Forgive my absence, but, as tyrion pointed out, I'm swamped with family duties and obligations, some of which threaten my very meet attendance, but the education process and proper priority setting classes have begun, and I am confident I will prevail.

Now, to clear my name, and set matters straight ...

Quote:

Dear Head-fiers,

I give to you my humble apologies for the rabid idiocy spawned on this thread. There is no excuse for the posting behavior of my fellow Floridians and their like-minded associates; I offer none, but ask that your forgive them nonetheless, as they cannot help themselves. Do you blame the dog for barking? The lion for roaring? The bear for pooping in the woods? No. Do you ask the zebra to change its stripes? Maybe, but that would make you a really stupid person. We who are cursed with more sensible minds must simply step aside or turn away....or.....

No apologies to the masses required, Vicki - we is what we is. Good explanation, though, and perhaps some will even come to understand our errant behavior.

Quote:

I'll do it! I was so hoping you'd pick that pair. I finally have both a reason to do so and someone to blame. Perfect!!!

Sorry I won't be there to see the k1k fashion statement at TIA. Hopefully thrice will have a camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stripes should be a required film for all! There are many valuable life lessons once can learn from this cinematic masterpiece.

My favorite line of all time, "you can't leave.. all the plants will die."

We may have to get seriously drunk at this meet and duct tape Matt to a chair and force him to watch Stripes.

We *MAY* have to? Sounds mandatory to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the heck is a podcast? as you may know, i try to keep a low profile at florida meets & do not need to be podcasted unless i am in disguise. it is bad enough that some people post photos of me without my written permission. my family sees these photoshop enhanced photos from florida meets & are not familiar with the obscene characterization some of you have portrayed of me at past florida meets. fortunately, they know the difference between the real me & the photoshop me.

rude behavior is not something i am usually associated with. however, there are some bad actors in florida who insist on taking advantage of my innocence & introduce me to bad behavior inducing music. i saw a few of those names on the attendee list so i may have to give serious consideration about not attending in person. i may send a stand in double in my place.

The steveio Doppelgänger has been revealed.

Quote:

Which one have I met before? I'm strangely fond of him.

Hard to say, Vicki. The change can be instantaneous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well West Coast is awesome. I welcome any Florida defectors to the true Promised Land (Thx not-crazy-hot-and-humid environ!).

Dan - our west coast is Tampa, Sarasota, Ft Meyers, and Naples, but you are correct in saying it is awesome.
icon10.gif

Quote:

As this may be John's last official Florida meet, we need to make it immoderately memorable. As we all harbor propensities for abberant behavior, I strongly suggest unleashing our collective abundance of deviant and downright freaky tendencies. John will have no trouble joining in. Photos and audio records could be then forwarded to his new boss. Perhaps he's going somewhere. Perhaps not.
very_evil_smiley.gif

What, we need reasons to be silly and make merrry? Normal FL meet behavior not enough for you? We should kick it up a notch in jp's honor? Alright, I'm in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so fla > *

true, if so fla begins at latitude 27 degrees 58 minutes N

Quote:

I don't know, Mike. Gene's totally bailed on this thread and the meet is practically in his back yard. It doesn't bode well. I see his posts in the amp threads. I know he's been cruising in the souce forum. I see him online, but he is ignoring us. Do you think it was something we said?
biggrin.gif

BTW, Matt had a good question a few posts back. What will be the deal with transportation for outings? Should we try the van thing again, at least for one night, or will we trust that enough of us will remain sober to drive AND be willing to haul drunken fools around. I'm the only sober one I know in this crowd who is also a fool. Towert7 is too young to drink, but then also too young to put up with you. How many of us are there staying over? Going out? Hey, there's still that wedding going on. Do they have a band?

As noted above, I am here in spiirit. As to transportation, I've looked into limo and van services, but found no on call type available such as jp, tyrion, Voltron and I abused so well in NY. They want us to hire a van and driver for the night. I'm also thinking we rent a van for the weekend, and share driving duties, tyrion excluded, of course. I will asume responsibility.

Quote:

How touching ... Were you that innocent young thing on the floor with the 650s?
FridayNightMeet06009.jpg

And, Finally, the quote of the thread so far ... drum roll please ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
It's Japanese for "gpalmer is a *********"....funny, I honestly never thought it would come in handy...it seemd too specific to be real.

May 11, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #387 of 864
Unfortunately due to some things that have come up (no longer working, enrolled in college full time) I no longer can attend the meet. Sorry guys.
frown.gif

May 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #388 of 864
Joe you gotta come for this we may have to start a Joe tampa meet fund Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately due to some things that have come up (no longer working, enrolled in college full time) I no longer can attend the meet. Sorry guys.
frown.gif

May 11, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #389 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont mind looking it at after thrice is done shaking his head
wink.gif

i will have my stuff with me as per the usual...

plus i have to sleeve jp's K1000 cable so I have to bring my iron anyway
biggrin.gif

Thanks. By the way, what ever happened to your buddy HighLife. He was here every minute then disappeared. Did he fall in a reef tank somewhere?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

NO!!! Joe, say it isn't so.
frown.gif

May 12, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #390 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joe you gotta come for this we may have to start a Joe tampa meet fund

Hey I'd be up for that. Joe just figure what a ticket will cost and we'll cover ya man. God knows I've been offered enough plane tickets lately by these nutters. Granted most of the time it's too late to find a flight, and they're drunk, but their generosity must not go unused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back