The Florida Head-Fi Beach Party. Tampa, June 9th.
May 4, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #273 of 864
Mike, sorry to hear that you're disappointed. I guess the search goes on.

Gentleman, this meet is one month away, and this thread is seriously lacking in requisite support. Where, for example, are the posts detailing the character deficiencies of attendees? What about the gear lists that might allow one to overlook said deficiencies? How are first-time meet attendees to receive warnings or otherwise construct a proper preparatory mental attitude akin to a barrier shield?

That said, I will actually be coming in on Thurs. so that I may visit childhood neighbors I haven't seen in 20+ years. I should be available to do an airport run or two for folks coming in during the day on Friday.

May 4, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #274 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike, sorry to hear that you're disappointed. I guess the search goes on.

Gentleman, this meet is one month away, and this thread is seriously lacking in requisite support. Where, for example, are the posts detailing the character deficiencies of attendees? What about the gear lists that might allow one to overlook said deficiencies? How are first-time meet attendees to receive warnings or otherwise construct a proper prepatory mental attitude akin to a barrier shield?

That said, I will actually be coming in on Thurs. so that I may visit childhood neighbors I haven't seen in 20+ years. I should be available to do an airport run or two for folks coming in during the day on Friday.

I guess I will start

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping to bring my new Woo Audio GES amp to the meet, but I may not keep it until then. The reason is explained in my evaluation of the performance of this Woo Audio amp, in comparison with that of my McAlister amp, using my HE90. The review is shown as my post #66, at the following thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=1#post2928361

Mike, you're nuts!
k1000smile.gif
Sorry, Vicki made me do it.
blink.gif

May 4, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #275 of 864
That's good, Mike. You managed to cover Mikeg's nutso personality and his extraordinary gear with minimalist efficiency. I'm impressed.

Will you have your Woo5 by then? Will you still have the FirstWatt since I'm pretty sure John may no longer have his Sig 30 and F1 by meet time? Speaking of nuts, how many amps have you gone through since the last meet?

May 4, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #276 of 864
Quote:

That's good, Mike. You managed to cover Mikeg's nutso personality and his extraordinary gear with minimalist efficiency. I'm impressed.

Will you have your Woo5 by then? Will you still have the FirstWatt since I'm pretty sure John may no longer have his Sig 30 and F1 by meet time? Speaking of nuts, how many amps have you gone through since the last meet?

It's all about being concise and to the point. Who said I didn't learn anything in law school.

It's possible I will have the amp by then. That would be if it arrives by the earliest date for delivery. I will email him to see if he can try to get in time for the meet. I have a feeling that he is conservative in his delivery times so as not to disappoint.

My F1 should be gone by then as well.

Actually, I believe I had the ZD at the last two meets. Others have come and gone however.

May 4, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #277 of 864
Quote:

I might take you up on that as I am arriving on Friday.

Here's the gear I plan to bring:

Shure E500 with a maxed out PIMETA
KGSS (if I ever get the damn thing done)
Woodied Lambda Pro
Maybe my Wadia....we'll see.

I may have to ship some of this stuff...mainly the Wadia and the KGSS. If it looks like it's going to be too much then I'll go with the KGSS.

Oh yeah, y'all are nuts.

*end communication*

May 4, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #278 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yeah, y'all are nuts.

*end communication*

That maybe true, but Mikeg is a little nuttier than the rest of us.
blink.gif
I mean the guy goes to California, drinks in every beer bar he can find, ends up hitchhiking back to town from the beach, gets a ride in the back of a pick up truck... Oh... wait... that was ag1, jp nums and me. Woops. Sorry Mike.
k1000smile.gif

May 4, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #279 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That maybe true, but Mikeg is a little nuttier than the rest of us.
blink.gif
I mean the guy goes to California, drinks in every beer bar he can find, ends up hitchhiking back to town from the beach, gets a ride in the back of a pick up truck... Oh... wait... that was ag1, jp nums and me. Woops. Sorry Mike.
k1000smile.gif

I'm looking forward to it. I expect my visit will somehow involve beer, headphones and a humorous misadventure at a 'gator farm (pickup optional).

Oh wait, that would be more along the Miami lines I guess...closer to the Everglades. Well some sort of humorous misadventure.

May 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #280 of 864
Quote:

I'm looking forward to it. I expect my visit will somehow involve beer, headphones and a humorous misadventure at a 'gator farm (pickup optional).

Oh wait, that would be more along the Miami lines I guess...closer to the Everglades. Well some sort of humorous misadventure.

It wouldn't be a Florida meet without a humorous misadventure involving beer and.....

May 4, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #281 of 864
Quote:

I do believe NightWoundsTime once suggested a meet in the Everglades. If I remember correctly, he even volunteered to provide transportation in his liquor truck after enlisting the services of electrostatic amp builders to create a protective perimeter shield at the camp site to keep the gators or was it man-eating mosquitos (?) away.

I'll pick you up from the airport (pm details closer to date), but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the guys to arrive to satisfy your expectations for humor and misadventure. Marked by unwavering sanity and an unnatural preference for sobriety, I'm downright boring.

May 4, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #282 of 864
Quote:

... Marked by unwavering sanity and an unnatural preference for sobriety, I'm downright boring.

One out of three isn't bad for a mad woman from the east coast, and that's how many of the above assertions are fact.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #283 of 864
I just wanted to let Our Lady of Sanity, Sobriety and Boredom that jp and I will be in NYC Friday and Saturday of next week so you will need to be on call in case of emergency.

May 4, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #284 of 864
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One out of three isn't bad for a mad woman from the east coast, and that's how many of the above assertions are fact.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Facts? What are facts?
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to let Our Lady of Sanity, Sobriety and Boredom that jp and I will be in NYC Friday and Saturday of next week so you will need to be on call in case of emergency.

oooh...as close to saintly as I'll ever get...though I prefer Lady of Sanity, Purity, and Light (unused appellations from a previous life).

I have not yet recovered from your California communications. Jp nums is coming over after work today to retrieve his F1. I shall program a few hotline numbers in his phone for you both.

May 4, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #285 of 864
Quote:

I have not yet recovered from your California communications. Jp nums is coming over after work today to retrieve his F1. I shall program a few hotline numbers in his phone for you both.

Oh, it makes me laugh to think of the messages left while that merry little band wandered the streets of San Francisco without me. Although they knew that I was already at the meet in San Jose, they were repeatedly calling my OFFICE and leaving messages and asking why I wouldn't pick up. I have them saved, of course, for future reference and/or protection.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I will be arriving in NYC around 8:30 p.m. Friday boys, so try not to be incoherent too early. Wait until I get there at least!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back