The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #1,516 of 6,693
Concerning the source, what about venture craft go dap 4? How does it compare to AKs? Any users of both with 335DW?

I've been using RWAK100 (not original AK100) and AK120 with my 335DWs and both sound amazing with them... no hiss, and sound great. Go-DAP I've tried the X and there's a little hiss in the DW.

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #1,519 of 6,693
335DW, 335DW's everywhere. It is enjoyable on minority of my genre, but not convincing enough for me fork out that big buck for it. Pondering about getting a MH334 instead. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #1,520 of 6,693
VisceriousZERO, as I understand you are waiting for Studio Reference. How have you managed to order the upgrade since it's not widely available? 
Anyway eagerly waiting for your impressions.

I havent yet as I am waiting for news when it actually starts to be a reality...

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,522 of 6,693
If you can read Japanese there is so some information on fitear website. A couple members also described change several posts back after listening to demo at festival.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #1,523 of 6,693
I didn't quite understand why they provide this service only for existing 335DW users. Why can't they make it from scratch? I mean as a brand new model. On their site they say that some imperfections may appear on a shell. Moreover, after this upgrade a custom will become universal with tips, right? And it's strange that a new face plate is cheaper than an old one.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #1,524 of 6,693
  I didn't quite understand why they provide this service only for existing 335DW users. Why can't they make it from scratch? I mean as a brand new model. On their site they say that some imperfections may appear on a shell. 

Because not everyone can upgrade. They need to check that you ear have enough space to put titanium tube in the stem. For the people that their unit has only two sound port, they can't upgrade to studio reference.

Quote:
  Moreover, after this upgrade a custom will become universal with tips, right? 

Those picture of SR model are demo unit. It will have universal tip, so people can demoed it. MH335DWSR is still custom not universal. 

Quote:
  And it's strange that a new face plate is cheaper than an old one.

Those are the price for upgrade, the people who has old face plate version has to pay about 52500 yen for the upgrade while the one with the new face place only pay 42000 yen. They have to pay more because Fitear will replace it with new face plate but the one with new version won't need new face plate.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,526 of 6,693
Any one know how much difference if any having 2 sound ports is over 3? (From my impression last week they think may be too small for 3!!).

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,527 of 6,693
Any one know how much difference if any having 2 sound ports is over 3? (From my impression last week they think may be too small for 3!!).

If your ear canal only allows for two ports does it really matter? You have no choice. And besides that those that have three have only heard three and vice versa. So nobody can really tell you the difference. Get it?

Just wait for your customs and enjoy. Or maybe focus on cables or an amp or a synergistic DAP.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,528 of 6,693
I wasn't looking to offend!! Was just curious. And reading about the SW upgrade only possible to 3 port owners also added to curiosity.

I have them on order and very excited and not looking to cancel just because I may only get 2 ports!!

I have amp sorted and 000 cable coming too....so for now totally set.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #1,529 of 6,693
apparently 2 bores is not much different from 3 bores. This is because fitear actually makes a 3 bore design even with 2 bore endings, just that they merge 1 of the bores into the other 2 bores. the final sound should not be affected. 

this affects the studio reference because the titanium tube acts like an additional driver for the highs, giving it more energy and presence, probably making the 335DW into a more neutral IEM. Now, if your design is a 2 bore one, there might not be enough space to do this, so basically, too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back