The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,326 of 6,699
For those in Singapore, you may be interested to know that it emerged during my conversation with Claire today that Jaben has a few Fitear 000 cables available. This is the cable that normally take almost half a year for orders to be fulfilled. :)
It's about $500?

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,327 of 6,699
Mar 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,329 of 6,699
For those in Singapore, you may be interested to know that it emerged during my conversation with Claire today that Jaben has a few Fitear 000 cables available. This is the cable that normally take almost half a year for orders to be fulfilled. :)

Isnt the 000 really bad with ergonomics?

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #2,330 of 6,699
I wouldn't call it really bad. It is just worse than 001 and most others.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #2,331 of 6,699
How long could you get a good fit out of FitEar CIEMs? .... If hypothetically you dont have any weight changes during the time period. How long could you use it before your canals change shape and no longer provide a pleasant seal.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,332 of 6,699
Does fitear offer the best build quality for CIEMs?

I have heard others from the likes of heir & noble have good build quality, but what company has the best build quality. In unboxings on youtube of the MH335 the shells appear to be bubble less and I like that they are filled with acrylic, although it stunts resale value, it makes me reassured that if the drop on a hard surface that they will be unharmed, or am I wrong on this?

Also, I remember reading in this forum that in comparison to JH13s, the JH's sound like a wall of sound, whilst the MH335 sounds like a small sphere. Does the fact that the MH335 is filled make the soundstage more closed in and not as expansive, considering that the JHs have a hollow shell, presumably the BA drivers in which case have more room to reverberate. Just my thoughts..

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #2,333 of 6,699
Mar 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #2,336 of 6,699
It'll prob get more usage than a big full sized headphone afterall. Since you can carry around wherever you go.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #2,337 of 6,699
  It'll prob get more usage than a big full sized headphone afterall. Since you can carry around wherever you go.

Yup, the portability and the isolation are my main points. Also they really don't need 5k dac/amp combos to do their best, that's another good side.

On the other hand, I guess they will never be as good as accurately designed desktop systems or speaker systems. Well, it is all about pros and cons so we better decide what is important for us.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #2,338 of 6,699
Ok, the only CIEM I have heard of competing with high tier headphones is the SE-5 Way, but I don't want a silicone IEM as they are less customisable and seem less durable. In A review they compared it to the LCD-3 and said that it bested it in most areas apart from soundstage. Will be on the look out for any CIEMs that testify to the same claim.

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #2,339 of 6,699
Ok, the only CIEM I have heard of competing with high tier headphones is the SE-5 Way, but I don't want a silicone IEM as they are less customisable and seem less durable. In A review they compared it to the LCD-3 and said that it bested it in most areas apart from soundstage. Will be on the look out for any CIEMs that testify to the same claim.

Firstly, ambrozl and Eve are right- what are you using the MH334 for? Secondly, what will you be running the mH334 out of?

In terms of SQ, my experience is that it competes with the LCD 3. If you want more treble extension and a more neutral sound, try the 435. The MH334 has a warmer sound and more bass.

My advice: pop down to a store which carries Fitear and have a listen. :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #2,340 of 6,699

Just so you know, you won't be able to customize much with the FitEars either. There's a total of 4 shell and body colors you can choose from (Black, Blue, Red, Clear) and you can choose your canals to be either clear, blue, or red. You won't be able to add any custom art or anything to FitEar CIEMs.

Silicone CIEMs are not less durable. In fact, because of their pliable nature, they're prob the best if you plan on dropping your CIEMs on the floor (of course, this is all hypothetical). However, silicone CIEMs may take some time to get in and out of your ear.

If I were you, I'd ask yourself, "In what setting do I listen to music the most?" From there, you should be able to decide whether to go IEMs or full sized. 
Personally, since I know I'll be heading to university next year, I'd prefer something that's easier to carry around. Also, I find that the isolation IEMs provide allow me to concentrate on music more, since it is directly beaming sound into your canals while blocking out external noises at the same time. Yes, it is less "natural" but it also allows me to pinpoint details in my music more easily. Of course, I am envious of those with full sized setups and actually have the time to listen to them. The general air and feel of full sized headphones cannot be replicated. By that same logic, headphones will never be able to replicate the air felt from speakers. It's a matter of physical size that separates these classes. But I believe I've made the best compromise for myself. I listen to a majority of my music either : on the road, in bed, in a noisy environment, on a computer. Hence, I plan on investing all my energy into one setup that will allow me to appreciate my music over the majority of my time. Hence, this summer, I'll be visiting Jaben HK to get my FitEars done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back