The first official Sydney Meet
Aug 29, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
This puts a warm spot in my ticker. The Tushi always seems to go up against a Meitner or a Meridian or Wadia at the meets I bring it to, so it gets an inferiority complex
wink.gif
But honestly, it has great synergy with my rig ("Pinkie" Solo and any Grado, lol) so I've had some of my best listening experiences with it (and it kicks my ipod's butt too, as you might have notices with your DAPs, hehe!) Enjoy, and make sure Chungsoi spreads the love!

I did do a brief comparison between the 'Tushi' and the iRivers we were using otherwise. I think it was the HD650 i was listening to originally, out of an iRiver and my Raptor, and was mightily unimpressed by the sound. Then i switched to the same setup out of the Tushi, and suddenly the music had so much more weight, it suddenly sounded real, for want of a better term. I still didn't like HD650 much, but with the Tushi and Raptor, it became very listenable.

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #32 of 59
Congrats guys for getting this together. Apologies for missing it but I was working in Perth - got home Saturday night at midnight and didn't log on till the meet was over.... oh well, such is life!

I sure would have loved to listen the RSA Raptor. Count on the DAC1 next time.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #33 of 59
Quote:

This puts a warm spot in my ticker. The Tushi always seems to go up against a Meitner or a Meridian or Wadia at the meets I bring it to, so it gets an inferiority complex
wink.gif
But honestly, it has great synergy with my rig ("Pinkie" Solo and any Grado, lol) so I've had some of my best listening experiences with it (and it kicks my ipod's butt too, as you might have notices with your DAPs, hehe!) Enjoy, and make sure Chungsoi spreads the love!

Jahn, sounds like you're missing the Tushi already! She's found a good home now, so don't you worry too much.
wink.gif

IMG_1972.jpg

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #34 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTripleA
Congrats guys for getting this together. Apologies for missing it but I was working in Perth - got home Saturday night at midnight and didn't log on till the meet was over.... oh well, such is life!

I sure would have loved to listen the RSA Raptor. Count on the DAC1 next time.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Tony, you missed out! I was looking forward to hearing your DAC1 and your desserts! Oh well, always a next time...we had to resort to Krispy Kremes instead!
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #35 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Tony, you missed out! I was looking forward to hearing your DAC1 and your desserts! Oh well, always a next time...we had to resort to Krispy Kremes instead!
wink.gif

Yes, there was much woe at the lack of some Tonyish desserts. I think that's the one piece of equippment we all most wanted to audition that day
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Jahn, sounds like you're missing the Tushi already! She's found a good home now, so don't you worry too much.
wink.gif

How did you get a 110V player to work on our 240V power?

Aug 30, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #41 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Not particularly, no. Why do you ask?
cool.gif

Not as wrong as saying that my Pinkie misses being plugged into the Tushi, is it?
eek.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

Not as wrong as saying that my Pinkie misses being plugged into the Tushi, is it?
eek.gif

haha, don't forget the Darth Grado and Darth Beyers as well...

On a serious note, I'm really digging the tushi with the rs-1's even straight out of my marantz headphone out! I can't imagine how good this is going to sound once the Melos arrives!

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #43 of 59
Quote:

haha, don't forget the Darth Grado and Darth Beyers as well...

On a serious note, I'm really digging the tushi with the rs-1's even straight out of my marantz headphone out! I can't imagine how good this is going to sound once the Melos arrives!

When that Melos comes, You Shall Rock.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back