The first official Sydney Meet
Aug 31, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #46 of 59
I'm interested!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:20 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
When's your Melos arriving, chungsoi? I'd be most interested in an amp comparison
wink.gif

I definitely need to hear RS-1 again, too.

I wish I knew! I'm thinking it'll come sometime next week...

Actually I'd prefer it if we have the meet then, so we can compare amps as well..

Hey bring your Nad cdp as well...

Aug 31, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
I wish I knew! I'm thinking it'll come sometime next week...

Actually I'd prefer it if we have the meet then, so we can compare amps as well..

Hey bring your Nad cdp as well...

Will do, since the last meet was primarily about cans, i think it'd be good to focus on sources/amps for the next one. So we're probably looking at weekend after next.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #50 of 59
yep, sounds good! Also I don't think a uni library will be the most suitable place (for various reasons) to have a headphone meet.
blink.gif

Any other suggestions?? I'll start up another thread in the "Meetings, Parties, Get-Togethers" section.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Will do, since the last meet was primarily about cans, i think it'd be good to focus on sources/amps for the next one. So we're probably looking at weekend after next.

Yeah hopefully I can get my Tushi fixed by then. It's having some tracking issues at the moment unfortunately.
frown.gif
I'd love to hear it against your NAD and see how it stacks up though.
If you can recall, there were some tracking problems with it at the meet (in particular Living End CD - Track 3 wouldn't play for ages) but I didn't think it was a major concern. Now after having tested it out with a variety of cd's and speaking to Jahn and Voodochile about it, it seems to be a laser misalignment in the transport most likely caused by gorilla handling by the post!
mad.gif

Do you guys know anyone in Sydney who might be able to fix this problem??

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #52 of 59
hm.. if ur problem is what i think it is, i may be able to help, i accidently change the value of the pot on my denon and caused it not to read any cds, took a long time to fix it by changing the pot.

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
hm.. if ur problem is what i think it is, i may be able to help, i accidently change the value of the pot on my denon and caused it not to read any cds, took a long time to fix it by changing the pot.

Yeah! Chungsoi, show Kenny the Tushi at the meet (or even beforehand!) and hopefully it's just a pot thing - that's what it was for my old sony discman, I wasn't sure if tracking could be solved that way in a DVD player, or even where the right pot is in there lol. Hopefully we can get the Tushi healthy enough to kick the NAD's tush at the next meet
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Sweeet! I'll bring it to the meet and you can have a look at it there. I have faith in you Kenny(the Elec Engineer) to make Tushi better again.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #57 of 59
chungsoi it would also be good if u can find a pair of VERY small flat head screw drivers, like those jeweler ones. i seem to have misplaced mine somewhere

i need it to adjust the pot if the board is upside down like it was on my denon or else its going to take a lot longer
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

chungsoi it would also be good if u can find a pair of VERY small flat head screw drivers, like those jeweler ones. i seem to have misplaced mine somewhere

i need it to adjust the pot if the board is upside down like it was on my denon or else its going to take a lot longer
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, I'll have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back