THE FIRST FREQ SHOW REVIEW (Music Makers Triple Driver model from The FreQ) - w/PICS
May 3, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #31 of 167
I think Germania has caused an outrage by saying the FreQs are more detailed than some high class full-sized headphones.

I really doubt they are that detailed too, or at least, Germania doesn't remember exactly how they sounded, but you never know.

What I don't understand is why Germania would make a recommendation for other earphones when her FreQs sound amazing. It doesn't matter what "type" of person you are; I think if you've got amazing sounding equipment, anyone would be happy. For example, I totally wouldn't recommend the SE530 at all (even if you are a "Sennheiser" person) after I've heard the FreQ's great highs.

May 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #32 of 167
Quote:

*If you have found this review useful and plan on purchasing one of the products from the FreQ, please mention my Username. I know that they are interested in Head-fiers!*

That sentence is really bugging me...

Do you get some kind of reward if a potential buyer mentions your username? Cause that would make you a Member Of The Trade...

May 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #33 of 167
The Livewires are known to be Very analitical from everyone's reviews - including those who owned freqs and LW's at the same time. These are musical, not analytical equipment. It is like comparing a k701 to a k340, one is analytical an the other musical. One is not just better than the other.

The other equipment/setup that those were on was far better than mine. We are talking B52's, Zana Deux, etc. So if these exceed in areas on lower end equipment, please don't put it down.

Time spent with headphones mentioned:
- Ety 4 ~9 total ( my friend has a set)
- Triple Fi ~6 hours
- se530 ~6 hours
- RS1 ~10 hours
- GS1k ~4 hours
- Stax SR-Lambda ~3 hours
- DX1000 ~ 30min
- k701 ~7 hours (friend has a set)
- Sony R10 ~3 hours
- HD580/HD600 ~22 hours
- DT880 ~ 3 hours
- Klisph Custom 2 ~30min

In addition, I have also owned many other headphones over time that are not mentioned.

My memory is also auditory based, I cannot remember things unless there is a sound associated. This means that I have a photographic memory, but I need there to be some sort of background noise or conversation for me to recall it. Silence is hard for me to deal with. I spent a good amount of time with all of those above and did not mention the k1000 or many others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You put up a disclaimer stating the FreQ is your first custom IEM's, yet you make recommendation for LiveWires, which are custom IEM's, thus, going by your disclaimer, you have not owned in the past.

Please stop making recommendation of gears you have not heard.

Also, you made comparisons to other headphones, including RS-1, GS-1000, Sony R10's, DX1000, D5000, K701, DT880, HD600, and ER-4. Did you have these headphones on hand to make comparisons using the same associated equipment or did you make the comparisons based on memory?

I ask since I do not believe it was stated one way or another in your post, and if it's based on memory using different associated equipment, it basically makes your comparisons pointless.

Please name another instance where I made a reccomendation for things I have not heard. My livewires bump was because people may be looking for studio headphones ( like many UE users do) and it seems that everyone thinks that they are better suited to that purpose.

The username mention is just so that they know that you are a head-fier. It has name area for mention, but I don't know if you can put in "Head-fi" as a name. I really don't care and I don't get anything out of you using my username. It is up to you what you put there.

May 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #34 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read that canal shape changes slowly after 2-3 years after you're 21. Your FreQs will likely outlast your canal changing. The FreQ company may offer a refit later on for a price, maybe $60-80 for the Music Makers.

The custom logo is made using a laser engraver, then painted.

Hm, I just turned 18, so where does that put me? I hope my customs will last quite awhile..

May 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 167
Just to let you all know, I was just looking online for an expensive pair of customs... And I cam across this board. I'm completely new to this forum...

[size=x-large]HI ALL![/size]

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Throw.gif

This review- if you can call it that- was quite frankly piss poor. I walked away dumber than before I read it. My IQ seriously dropped 15 points after I read this dribble (your other posts don't help either).

I was going to dissect your interview down piece by piece and show you what was wrong with it, but I can't because I don't have that kind of time (too many 'errors'), and your post make me too stupid to do it.

Sorry if I seem harsh (because I am), but you need to look at other reviews and study them. It will help you learn how to properly analyze sound without sounding like a complete moron. I'm sorry I can't haz time to help you further, but if you would like to learn more then please study past reviews (see I just repeated myself because you stoled my brain powerz).

Still no understand, PM me and I'll let you know what can be improved.

Tough love hun.

Fist of all, Germania's review is astonishing... And lemme tell you something else...
[size=large]
IF YOU CAN DO BETTER, THAN DO IT-
[/size] Because I bet you bottom down that [size=medium]-=Germania=-[/size] is one out of a very small group that [size=large]CAN[/size] actually review these... And BearCat, what was your username before you created a new account? Because as I see you joined today, and have 1 post; hmmm Salt Peanuts perhaps?

Thanks much all,
Pencemen

May 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #36 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=*P3nc3m3n*=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I bet you bottom down that she is one out of a very small group that [size=large]CAN[/size] actually review these...

well yes, since theyre not released yet
cool.gif

May 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #37 of 167
Yeah... I realize that... But I truly hate it when people bash someone for trying to do some good.

Kinda funny, and coincidental that Salt Peanuts and BearCat would both like cats and get their pictures form the same website...

See Below:

Salt Peanuts' AVATAR:
salt-peanuts-10479.gif

BearCat's IMAGE USED IN POST:
funny_cat_pictures_pc_2.jpg

BOTH COME FROM: Very Funny Cats

[size=x-large]KIND OF FUNNY... ISNT IT?![/size]

May 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #38 of 167
Quote:

Just to let you all know, I was just looking online for an expensive pair of customs... And I cam across this board. I'm completely new to this forum...

[size=x-large]HI ALL![/size]

Fist of all, Germania's review is astonishing... And lemme tell you something else...
[size=large]
IF YOU CAN DO BETTER, THAN DO IT-
[/size] Because I bet you bottom down that [size=medium]-=Germania=-[/size] is one out of a very small group that [size=large]CAN[/size] actually review these... And BearCat, what was your username before you created a new account? Because as I see you joined today, and have 1 post; hmmm Salt Peanuts perhaps?

Thanks much all,
Pencemen

mfln130l.jpg

Givne that you just joined today, you are the last person to be making such a claim. That said, auditory memory IME, is extremely unreliable, regardless of whether it is the main way you remember things. I also agree that this review is highly suspicious because this item has not been released yet.

May 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #39 of 167
Owned+1.

ANYWAY, lets not stray off topic, k?
And how bout giving my question an answer?
Bout me being 18, and ear canals changing and hopes that it'll last longer than 2-3 years.

May 3, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelixus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Owned+1.

Bout me being 18, and ear canals changing and hopes that it'll last longer than 2-3 years.

Try searching for something like [custom canal fit shape] ?

May 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #41 of 167
Quote:

And BearCat, what was your username before you created a new account? Because as I see you joined today, and have 1 post; hmmm Salt Peanuts perhaps?

Thanks much all,
Pencemen

Says a person with one post who also joined just today.

As for my avatar, I hope you are aware there are numerous sites with those funny cat/LOL cats pics.

May 3, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #42 of 167
Quote:

Owned+1.

Another thing to consider - some owners of custom IEM's (not FreQ specifically) have reported the custom molds breaking down after a while. I'll see if I can find the posts.

May 3, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #43 of 167
Well.... if you have any questions about the sound or construction or anything, please post.

I, for one, would like this to remain about the product itself.

this review will be added to with some more direct comparisons ( trips to audio shops) in the near future. For now, I have other work to be done.

May 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #44 of 167
Quote:

Hm, I just turned 18, so where does that put me? I hope my customs will last quite awhile..

That just means once you turn 21, you'll probably need a refit. It would be better to ask an audiologist, but from the things I've read about other people asking audiologists, your canals don't change much after you're 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back