THE FIRST FREQ SHOW REVIEW (Music Makers Triple Driver model from The FreQ) - w/PICS
May 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #16 of 167
I mentioned the touch because the OP has one. I am actually interested to see if it fits in the iphone because I won't carry around a player and a phone separate anymore and the iphone has the same recessed headphone jack
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #18 of 167
I am going to try and get my friends camera - mine sucks.

These are very revealing. You need a very good source to run these direct from the headphone port. LOD/Amp combo yeilds fantastic results.

May 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #19 of 167
Did you do any direct comparisons with other IEMs? The review seems worthless to me if you compared them to other phones based on memory.

May 3, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #24 of 167
Hmm, how do people get ideas for their customs' logo? And I wanna ask, how is the custom logo added onto the face plate?
On average, how long is a pair of customs supposed to last? Before, either they die, or the ear canal shape changes alot?

May 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #25 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelixus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, how do people get ideas for their customs' logo? And I wanna ask, how is the custom logo added onto the face plate?
On average, how long is a pair of customs supposed to last? Before, either they die, or the ear canal shape changes alot?

I've read that canal shape changes slowly after 2-3 years after you're 21. Your FreQs will likely outlast your canal changing. The FreQ company may offer a refit later on for a price, maybe $60-80 for the Music Makers.

The custom logo is made using a laser engraver, then painted.

May 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disclaimer: These are my first full custom IEM’s, so please do not ask me about other customs. This is based on my experience and using the equipment below.

[size=large]MY RECCOMENDATION[/size]

If you are a Grado person, stick with the Etymotics.

If you need analytical, get LiveWires.

You put up a disclaimer stating the FreQ is your first custom IEM's, yet you make recommendation for LiveWires, which are custom IEM's, thus, going by your disclaimer, you have not owned in the past.

Please stop making recommendation of gears you have not heard.

Also, you made comparisons to other headphones, including RS-1, GS-1000, Sony R10's, DX1000, D5000, K701, DT880, HD600, and ER-4. Did you have these headphones on hand to make comparisons using the same associated equipment or did you make the comparisons based on memory?

I ask since I do not believe it was stated one way or another in your post, and if it's based on memory using different associated equipment, it basically makes your comparisons pointless.

May 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #27 of 167
For an adult, the average span is usually 5+ years before needing a refit.

About the direct comparisons.
I currently have my modded im716's with 47ohm resistors and some other changes from the standard mod - *ask Tstarn06 because I did his as well and the sonic improvement was great* I actually tried a few new things on his and did some experimenting to find the best sound for his.

The im716 is completely outclassed in every way. The highs are the only place where is might be similar.

I was at a meet literally just two weekends ago and I did a lot of listening there to prepare for this review. I spent at least 6 hours on each of those IEM's with the exception of the klisph custom 2 ( I really did not like it).

It just isnt realistic for there to be someone with all the top IEMs and these as well.

May 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #28 of 167
Quote:

*If you have found this review useful and plan on purchasing one of the products from the FreQ, please mention my Username. I know that they are interested in Head-fiers!*[/i]

Why do they want to know your username? If FreQ is merely interested in Head-Fi/Head-Fi'ers, one could just let them know one is a Head-Fi'er.

May 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #30 of 167
Quote:

I was at a meet literally just two weekends ago and I did a lot of listening there to prepare for this review. I spent at least 6 hours on each of those IEM's with the exception of the klisph custom 2 ( I really did not like it).

Did you do this at the meet? I'm confused since the meet you mention, unless I'm mistaken, was only scheduled for 5 hours. Even given an extra hour before and after the scheduled time (which happens with meets), that's only 7 hours. This is not nearly enough to spend 6 hours each with IEM's you mentioned in your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back