The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Mar 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #724 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Chips used in the Protectors are the highest in quality & the best in performance that would only be used in big home amp rather than in a portable use. They do have the high voltage operation with best specs in the industry when it comes to noise, voltage swing & bandwidth.

Dear Ray, as we await for the delivery of the Protector, can you entertain us with a little bit more detail with regard to the capability of the Protector? In the above post, you mention that the chips used in the Protector would only be found in big home amp. Without disclosing any details, could you share with us whether the chips in the Protector are also used in any of your desktop amps like the Apache, xp-7, HR-2, Raptor etc. If it is true, that will be awesome.

Well, I counted among those who have sent in payment, I am number 22 so I should be seeing my Protector soon?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #725 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Ray, as we await for the delivery of the Protector, can you entertain us with a little bit more detail with regard to the capability of the Protector? In the above post, you mention that the chips used in the Protector would only be found in big home amp. Without disclosing any details, could you share with us whether the chips in the Protector are also used in any of your desktop amps like the Apache, xp-7, HR-2, Raptor etc. If it is true, that will be awesome.

Well, I counted among those who have sent in payment, I am number 22 so I should be seeing my Protector soon?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I wish I could demo the apache, sounds so badass.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #726 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could demo the apache, sounds so badass.

I wish Ray can put the Apache sound in the Protector. that will be truely badass.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #729 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tube Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone explain the benefit of running a high voltage amp with an IEM like the JH13 Pro that has very low impedance and high sensitivity?

You stay in the very low distortion area of any amp when you are using the lower end of its output. The headroom of the Protector in a since, is almost unlimited with something like the JH13's and this is noticeable in the dynamics and bass performance. While a 4 volt system will drive something like the JH13 Pros with no problem, there is a gain in the overall performance of the 13's with this low distortion control of the drivers. There are also op amps that just perform better when used at their higher voltage setting. While the charts may not show it, I have often heard it.

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #731 of 902
There is more to it than that. If you are Tube man then you work with tubes? I have designed and made tube amps and preamps. I am talking about staying in the low distortion area of an amp while still providing plenty of drive. I like my highly modified Klipsch speakers on 60 watts even though 5 watts will drive them fine. They can even be driven by a 2 watt amp but I can hear the difference even though Klipsch always said give me a good 5 watt amp. We are taking up room though on a MOTs thread for his orders now of the Protector.

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #732 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They are new chips my friend, I have not used them before.
All I can say they have the best of the best specs.
Ray Samuels

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #733 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are new chips my friend, I have not used them before.
All I can say they have the best of the best specs.
Ray Samuels

Ray, thanks for the comment and the willingness to innovate. I like new stuff. Just keep on pushing, pushing the technological frontier and we will keep buying, and buying, and buying...

How about putting a balance dac inside when you have a moment
ksc75smile.gif
Just thought I'll try some subliminal words
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back